Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomopotamus
Forever Higher

Type of water for water curing
    #725619 - 04/12/14 04:09 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I was originally told you need reverse osmosis water when doing a water cure.
I've been reading up on various websites and am now seeing different things on just about every site.
Some people say use tap and then distilled on the last day or 2.
Some say they use tap water.
Some say distilled...

Is there much of a difference between using different types other than tap water?
I guess I'm really just curious about any differences between using reverse osmosis water compared to distilled water.

What about coconut water? :mitebecool:
Curing in coconut water, making bubble hash in coconut water = the future of hash?
Coconut hash...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Type of water for water curing [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #725756 - 04/13/14 02:07 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

do you mean flushing?  :confused2:

cus curing is done after it has been dried.. :smirk:

and if you do mean flushing then the best water quality would be the best choice and that would be R/O water... then distilled... then tap water .... solely based on ppm count for quality.

when flushing you want to clean out the plant of any "extras" so the cleanest only makes sense :thumbup:

although when it comes to plain water flushing I dont know if it would make a noticeable difference in the final product like it does while vegging/flowering in hydroponics... :blazed:

I only have tap water so its my only choice and I have to adjust for the ppm count already in my tap water b4 I feed or it can be too high and burn my leaves..  but with flushing Im not sure if ppm maters.. it wont do anything but I dont know if it will matter to the flavors/smells etc... :strokebeard:

I guess I wont know the difference until I get an R/O system..  :stoner:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Type of water for water curing [Re: 13buds]
    #725778 - 04/13/14 06:57 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

He means water curing.  And it's fucking retarded....

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineShroomopotamus
Forever Higher

Re: Type of water for water curing [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #725785 - 04/13/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
He means water curing.  And it's fucking retarded....

Yeah, I'm not talking about flushing.
I'm using about 2/3 of the harvest from one of my plants to quick get some hash & get some edibles made.

I ended up going out to get some reverse osmosis water, but still interested if anyone is aware of any reasons as to why it would be any different from using distilled water.

Edited by Shroomopotamus (04/13/14 07:40 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #725788 - 04/13/14 08:08 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well making edibles and hash is different from the supposed "water curing' dude.  Which are you talking about

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineShroomopotamus
Forever Higher

#725792 - 04/13/14 08:54 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I'm talking about both now :lol:
I'm water curing 2/3 of a harvest and then turning everything from the water cure into hash & edibles & holding onto the other 3rd as regularly dry cured buds.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Type of water for water curing [Re: Shroomopotamus] * 1
    #725795 - 04/13/14 09:25 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well then why the fuck are you going to water sure shit that is just going into making hash?  That's just redundant.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineShroomopotamus
Forever Higher

#725796 - 04/13/14 09:35 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Partially for a personal comparison of both ways of curing, partially to see the difference in taste of edibles with water cured weed & dry cured weed, and partially as a comparison of hash yields water cure vs. dry cured.

Originally I was planning on doing a water cure for the entire harvest to wash away any mites, but only fan leaves seem to have been infected by them so I got kinda lucky but still was set on doing a little personal comparisons & what not.

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#725938 - 04/15/14 04:51 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Water curing is meant to use water with a low to nonexistent PPM to leach water solubles from the plant material, so R.O. would work, so would distilled, but I wouldn't try anything else.
You can make hash from fresh, uncured plant matter, so there's no particular need to water cure solely for early hash.

I liked the idea of water curing a few months ago. I'm over it now, but would still like to see someone else's results with it. :thumbup:
I still wouldn't water cure the majority (2/3) of your harvest until you're sure you like water cured bud/hash/etc.

Quote:

I ended up going out to get some reverse osmosis water, but still interested if anyone is aware of any reasons as to why it would be any different from using distilled water.

Shouldn't make much difference, but the local R.O. water dispenser is 15 ppm, gallon jugs of distilled is 0-1 ppm, so (in my situation) distilled would work better, but there's such a small difference that it should be negligible.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Type of water for water curing [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #726070 - 04/15/14 07:06 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I tried water curing for my first grow. It definitely leached out a lot of gross stuff, but it also seemed to get rid of any and all aroma. Smoking it tasted like ass, but got the job done (which is what I was looking for back then so I didn't mind). :shrug:

Now that I've grown a few times and experienced properly air-cured bud...I wouldn't recommend it at all. Since there is little/no water-soluble undesirables in the trichomes, and since water curing tends to leave the plant material rather fragile, I would strongly advise against water curing any material that you want to process for hash. You will more than likely end up with a lot of wasted effort curing, and a lot of plant material in your hash. :2cents:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures