Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

**Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS * 1
    #236180 - 06/03/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Through my course of study I have come across information on making fem seeds in a way that involves non toxic or at least less toxic materials. It works very very well and I am yet to get a hermie from the seeds I made for my own personal use. The only thing I have against the process is I have seen numerous people develop a strain that they want to keep as is but the only seeds they have is female so they are stuck. The genetics will only get watered down from there unless they mix it with a male of a different strain but then they are back to square one. With that said here is the technique.

The technique I use involves colloidal silver. Its sold at health food stores as a cure all basically. the stuff that is sold is too low of a potency to work properly. First I'll describe how to make it and then how to use it.

Colloidal silver is made by electrolysis by passing a current through two silver electrodes suspended in distilled water.

The way I do this is I use a 12 volt 1.5 amp (1500 ma) ac to dc adapter. The average household probably has a box of these things laying around. Other reports show that 9 volt 600 ma ones will also work. Anyways you cut the end of this off and pull the 2 wires apart by about a foot. Strip about 1/4 inch of the coating off and solder an alligator clip to each piece of wire and then heat heatshrink over the exposed soldered wires.

At each end of the alligator clips you will need to clip on either a piece of fine silver wire (can be found online) or an old silver coin that has been cleaned of tarnish (can be found at hobby shops and such around town). Try to stay away from sterling silver, it is less pure.

In an open air enviroment, submerge the silver on both ends of the adapter into a glass quart jar of distilled water. Make sure only the silver is touching the water. If the clips or any other type of metal is touching the water during the process it will produce rust amongst other nasty stuff.

Now plug it in and let it sit for 12 hours (making sure to check on it regularly so you dont burn down the house or something.) I put plastic wrap over it to protect it from stuff floating in the air. After 12 hours you should have a jar full of a brownish/amber colored liquid with possibly some white/metalic gunk which is just some corrosion. You can filter this out through a tee shirt if you'd like but I never do.

This brown liquid is colloidal silver. As is it is safe for you to drink just like the health food store colloidal silver. But I wouldn't recommend it, since it is a bit stronger than the health food stuff and too much of it ingested could turn your skin blue after a lot of use

Anyways back on topic. Take this brown liquid and pour it inside a spray bottle (1 dollar at walmart.) Now you are ready to make femanised seeds.. well kinda. You need a female plant and right after it shows its sex you can give whole or part of it a good misting of colloidal silver 2-3 times a day for 1 week. Some people will do this all the way until it starts pollinating but Ive never done it for more than a week. If you do the entire plant the entire thing will start growing pollen sacks soon after and you can use this pollen to pollinate other female plants to produce femanised seeds. If you do only one branch of the plant then you could turn around and use the pollen from the plant on the rest of it.

I have done this quite a few times and am yet to end up with femanised seeds that hermie on their own and I have even done this a couple times from breeder femanized seeds that I wanted more of. If the plant already has the hermie genes in it though it would most likely show up at one point or another though.

With all that said if you want to skip the hole soldering alligator clips onto wire you could always wrap the wire around the silver as long as you make sure not to expose any of the water to non silver material.

I hope this helps you all with your adventures in breeding. Be safe.

I'll update this later on with pictures of my finished colloidal silver generator once I can find where I put the damn thing when I moved weeks ago.

Below is the CS generator

Below is Distilled water

Below is an empty jar

Fill jar with distilled water and put silver ends in the water making sure the metal of the alligator clips doesn't come in contact with the water.

Put some plastic wrap over it all to keep bugs out.

Plug it in and let it sit for 12 hours and.. colloidal silver!! Ready to be put in a spray bottle and sprayed on plants. 2-3 times a day for 2 weeks once first signs of sex appear.

Edited by FrozenReality (06/17/09 09:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** [Re: FrozenReality]
    #236229 - 06/04/09 12:27 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm definitely going to try this. Do you know why spraying this colloidal silver on the pistils makes them form pollen sacks that create feminized seeds??

As for silver. Would this do? http://www.lmine.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=183004&Category_Code=agfoil&Store_Code=LMS

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #236234 - 06/04/09 12:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

that silver is pretty thin, I'm afraid the electrolysis will eat through that quickly. As mentioned below in this post, if you are not going to drink any of it than you could use sterling silver 92.5% purity. It can be found in many many products, many of which can be found at local hobby stores in the jewelry making section. By law jewelry and jewelry making products that contain fine metals has to lable the purity of the metal. usually this is stamped into the metal but also the packaging should have it clearly written on it also. The silver wire I use is 18 gauge and I have it coiled up. A silver dollar or silver bullion coin would work great for this, you could use two or just cut one into two pieces.

I have this exact same thread in another forum so ill quickly go through and copy things I have posted there into one thread which has additional useful information.

In my readings into the subject to gather more information. Allegedly the lower voltage and amperage adapters will produce a more potent CS that has less silver gunk falling out into the bottom. It is said that you should keep it between 9 and 12 volt and between 300 and 1500 ma. So go grab an old phone charger that you dont use and look at the side of the plug and it should say on it how strong it is. Also if you are not planning on drinking any of it sterling silver will be fine to use but using non distilled water is not an option.

and last of all, CS is said to work for this because "the silver inhibits hormones needed to produce a female flower, causing a male flower to be produced. This means that the pollen doesn't carry any altered genetic traits that lead to increased chances of growing into hermies or genetics that make a plant more likely to go hermie under stress."

So the fem seeds will have the same chance of turning hermie on a normal grow as they would if they were not fem seeds.

I'm yet to come across any unwanted hermy plants produced from this *knock on wood* and of the many places that this information has been contributed to, there has been many successful stories of this working and I have yet to seen anyone report any problems with beans being hermie.

Edited by FrozenReality (06/04/09 12:38 AM)

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** [Re: FrozenReality]
    #236237 - 06/04/09 12:50 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry for double post but my internet is acting funny when I try to edit the above one.
I dont want to post too many links to other sources of information on this so if you want to do a google search of "colloidal silver fem seeds" and other similar search terms you will be given loads of great information on the subject. Sadly the one site that had the most information including documented grows with pictures using CS was shut down (planetganja) so a lot of the really good useful information is gone. anyways here is a good tidbit of info

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Marijuana_Cultivation/Producing_Seeds

Quote:

Colloidal Silver (CS)

This is the least expensive and most privacy concious way to produce fem seed. CS has gotten a bad name because there is so much bad information spread around about its production and concentrations. It doesn't help that there are those who believe in drinking low concentration colloidal silver for good health and there is information mixed in about how to produce that low concentration food grade product. Follow the information here and you will consistently produce effective CS and know how to apply it to get consistent results.

Simply construct a generator using a 9-12v power supply (DC output, if it says AC then its no good) that can deliver at least 250ma (most wall wart type power supplies work, batteries are not recommended since their output varies over time). The supply will have a positive and negative lead, attach silver to each lead (contrary to internet rumors, you aren't drinking this is cheap 925 silver is more than pure enough) you can expose the leads by cliping off the round plug at the end and splitting the wires, one will be positive and the other negative just like any old battery. Submerge both leads about 2-3 inchs apart in a glass of distilled water (roughly 8oz). Let this run for 8-24hrs (until the liquid reads 12-15ppm) and when you return the liquid will be a purple or silver hue and there may be some precipitate on the bottom.

This liquid is called colloidal silver. It is nothing more or less than fine particles of silver suspended in water so it is a completely natural solution and is safe to handle without any special precautions. The silver inhibits female flowering hormones in cannabis and so the result is that male flowering hormone dominates and male flowers are produced.

To use the silver, spray on a plant or branch every three days prior to switching the lights to 12/12 and continue spraying until you see the first male flowers. Repeated applications after the first flowers appear may result in more male flowers and therefore more pollen. As the plant matures it will produce pollen that can be collected and used to pollinate any female flower (including flowers on the same plant).

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#240373 - 06/17/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by FrozenReality (06/17/09 10:00 AM)

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #240374 - 06/17/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

good thread! :thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #241512 - 06/20/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup::thumbup::gethigh:

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: FrozenReality]
    #241513 - 06/20/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

did you add this to the document part of the site???

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #241538 - 06/21/09 12:56 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
did you add this to the document part of the site???

Not sure what you are referring to?

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: FrozenReality]
    #241611 - 06/21/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

when you log onto the site...click on "general information" then click what folder and sub-folder that sounds like it would fit in......click add new.....copy/paste your paper ......viola

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinedrwatson
Time Quaker

#241623 - 06/21/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This is very cool!  I wonder, if you pollinated a female of a different strain would you still get fem'd seeds??

:vaped:

--------------------
We meandered through Billy’s ritzy neighborhood in the general direction of Jefferson Street. In the lamplight the houses looked identical, grand façade after grand façade of pale gray with black windows, as if for all their monumentality they were nothing but wallpaper, black-and-white prints, two-dimensional murals similar in their deceptive insubstantiality to the gossamer buildings of New Age City. I was struck by the idea that Billy and I, to the extent we existed only in our imaginations, were just as shallow, just as superficial—and equally susceptible to being erased without a trace.

Edited by drwatson (06/21/09 11:12 AM)

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: drwatson]
    #241646 - 06/21/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drwatson said:
This is very cool!  I wonder, if you pollinated a female of a different strain would you still get fem'd seeds??

:vaped:

Yes you do. The sad part is that if you get a really good strain that you like from doing that, you wont have any males to do further work with it and I fear that using colloidal silver or any form of making plants go hermie you are risking watering down the genetic traits and making the newer generations less vigorous. Just a theory, not entirely sure. So basically Id rather cross a male and female of two plants then grow out some of the beans and then make fem beans of the second generation of the cross so you still have the original to go back to or to cross with down the road.

I'm growing out some darlings right now outdoors and once they start sexing I'll do take some pictures demonstrating how well the colloidal silver works.

Edited by FrozenReality (06/21/09 12:03 PM)

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #249303 - 07/14/09 10:38 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I'm growing out some darlings right now outdoors and once they start sexing I'll do take some pictures demonstrating how well the colloidal silver works.

so hows that comin along?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: FrozenReality] * 1
    #715917 - 02/17/14 05:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Bump.

A good write up on making CS.
:thumbup:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #715936 - 02/17/14 07:06 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Bump.

A good write up on making CS.
:thumbup:

I got something for ya

You'll be reading this for a while

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: Magash]
    #715939 - 02/17/14 07:12 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah thats a good one too.:rasta:

Question for you.

How many times a day did you spray your CS and also for how long to achieve this amount of sacs?

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #715940 - 02/17/14 07:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Holy fuck that is one dank looking male flower.

:eek:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #715955 - 02/17/14 10:34 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Yeah thats a good one too.:rasta:

Question for you.

How many times a day did you spray your CS and also for how long to achieve this amount of sacs?

Once every few days starting 1 week before putting into flowering. CS is good but I'd only use it to make seeds for myself. To go larger you need STS.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: Magash]
    #716190 - 02/19/14 11:20 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Magash...have you ever tried smoking a plant that you treated with CS? Ive read that you shouldn't but wanted to know first hand if it will really make you sick or taste bad.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: **Tried and true way of making fem seeds with colloidal silver** UPDATED W/PICS [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #716372 - 02/20/14 09:31 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
Magash...have you ever tried smoking a plant that you treated with CS? Ive read that you shouldn't but wanted to know first hand if it will really make you sick or taste bad.

Nah, not even worth trying.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals