Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmellykoc
Stranger
Most natural stain out there
    #712393 - 02/07/14 06:46 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've smoked a lot of weed before mostly all modified, they just fuck you up like with 20%thc, and lately I've been becoming paranoid and hearing things when high. I think it's because of the strains being modified.

I've smoked Thai stick before and that type of high I enjoyed very mild and cool, I'm looking for a strain or Swedbank which sells the most basic form of weed possible if their is one? How do I find a Thai stick seed, do any seed banks sell it? I want something with normal thc levels 5% strains like that, for a mellow high.

Edited by Smellykoc (02/07/14 07:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Most natural stain out there [Re: Smellykoc]
    #712409 - 02/07/14 07:39 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Thai stick is not a strain. And yes banks do sell thaI strains greenhouse seed co. Being one of them.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Most natural stain out there [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #712499 - 02/07/14 12:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like your looking for a land-race sativa. The greenhouse Thai is just that. Basically in the 70's all the majority of bud was just that, primarily sativa all over the world, with indica only in the middle east area. Because bud was illegal they started mixing in indica into all the plants to improve yield and thc production, highest value crop they could make; it also speeds things up a bit too--shaving a few weeks off harvest increases your number of grow cycles per year.

Now its almost impossible to find those pure sativas in nature, or so I heard, that the land race sativas have been washed out with indica genetics and the plants that are growing outdoor naturally all have indica mixed in them by now.

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/green-house-seeds-green-thai/prod_3241.html
14 week flower period, thats like 6 extra weeks compared to most indicas.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Most natural stain out there [Re: phychotron]
    #712650 - 02/07/14 05:34 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

Now its almost impossible to find those pure sativas in nature, or so I heard, that the land race sativas have been washed out with indica genetics and the plants that are growing outdoor naturally all have indica mixed in them by now.

Even in remote places in Asia? I would hope there is a patch growing in some remote part of Laos/Thailand/Cambodia etc.

Look at the pearl islands in Panama. From what I have read there is a decent chance that somewhere in those cluster of islands (about 200 or so). Panama red could be growing wild in that region. Back in the day this region was known to produce Sativa cannabis before the cocaine trade came in(thats not to say that nobody was growing anymore but that less people were and for "pesonal" i.e. not exporting). The weather is good year round and the soil is fertile not to mention the constant breezes. Most of the islands are also uninhabited.

I would also like to hope that if there was patches of 'Panama Red' still growing on some of those islands, untouched by any other strain.
:shrug:

Edited by Deadkndys420 (02/07/14 05:49 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Most natural stain out there [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #712775 - 02/07/14 09:41 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not saying they're not out there, but not as they were in the past. Even the sativas you do find in nature are said to rarely be land races because of how much humans have interacted with the plant. Obviously the more remote the more natural things will be, but the plant has had a lot of help from man.

Corn used to be a wild grass like a type of wheat, but through selective harvesting and seed retention the native Americans turned it into (mostly) what it is today. Of course it took them centuries, but its amazing what you can do to a plant.

Greenhouse seeds has strainhunter a reality tv type show where they try and find land races. Basically there is a race out there to preserve them before they become adulterated.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #712807 - 02/08/14 12:18 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I'm not saying they're not out there, but not as they were in the past. Even the sativas you do find in nature are said to rarely be land races because of how much humans have interacted with the plant. Obviously the more remote the more natural things will be, but the plant has had a lot of help from man.

Corn used to be a wild grass like a type of wheat, but through selective harvesting and seed retention the native Americans turned it into (mostly) what it is today. Of course it took them centuries, but its amazing what you can do to a plant.

Greenhouse seeds has strainhunter a reality tv type show where they try and find land races. Basically there is a race out there to preserve them before they become adulterated.

I'm gonna have to argue with this a little. I agree with it as it may pertain to hemp but not to our version of the cannabis plant. Yes I do agree that we have bred the shit out of the plant but not in a way that will help it survive in the wild in fact we have done quite the opposite.
We have bred for stronger taste and smell. We have bred for potency and for yield. What we have done esp since the indoor movement started in the 80s and we started sheltering them is make them far more susceptible to spider mites and pests. They grow bigger buds so they are far more easily molded when grown outdoors.

What we have done is make them human. We use to live in the wild but modern medicine and living in houses with central heat and so on have made us from a species that use to live in the wild to a species that if dropped of in the wild die off in a matter of days.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

Re: Most natural stain out there [Re: Magash]
    #712937 - 02/08/14 10:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

That's pretty interesting if you really think about it

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #712982 - 02/08/14 11:24 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

I'm gonna have to argue with this a little. I agree with it as it may pertain to hemp but not to our version of the cannabis plant. Yes I do agree that we have bred the shit out of the plant but not in a way that will help it survive in the wild in fact we have done quite the opposite.
We have bred for stronger taste and smell. We have bred for potency and for yield. What we have done esp since the indoor movement started in the 80s and we started sheltering them is make them far more susceptible to spider mites and pests. They grow bigger buds so they are far more easily molded when grown outdoors.

What we have done is make them human. We use to live in the wild but modern medicine and living in houses with central heat and so on have made us from a species that use to live in the wild to a species that if dropped of in the wild die off in a matter of days.

You've obviously never been warned of the dangers of breeding dinosaurs.

Well obviously you can only prove so much, but I've heard from a few sources that true landraces are becoming increasingly more difficult to find. Despite the rising popularity of indoor growing, people have grown FAR FAR FAR more bud outdoor.  And I know a few outdoor people who like leaving their males around so they have something to plant next year. I've got 2 plants in flower from a friend who got a plant that I gave him pregnant.

If you are hiking in the woods, and you stumble upon a plant, it probably was planted by a person. People are everywhere.

--------------------

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#713249 - 02/08/14 07:30 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i love watching the smart ones argue

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Most natural stain out there [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #713332 - 02/08/14 11:25 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

but I've heard from a few sources that true landraces are becoming increasingly more difficult to find.

I'm pretty sure none of these sources are breeders and that includes one you already mentioned Arjin. The only time he claims to have to get strains in order to save them is when some government is gonna make them hard to get not cause they are disappearing. Land races are no harder to find then they have ever been. Finding new ones that's a different story. There are only so many to find.

Quote:

people have grown FAR FAR FAR more bud outdoor.

This is true but there has been FAR FAR FAR more breeding done indoors. Skunk #1, Blueberry, Bubble Gum, Afghani #1 are all among the first of the strains to get names. These are also the first known hybrids to be grown in large numbers. Sure it could be done outdoors but not many growers were storing pollen from their Indica plants that finished 6 weeks earlier to put on their longer flowering Sativa plants.
The guys to start true breeding were Neville of SSSC and Ben Dronkers founder of Sensi Seeds and these guys didn't start true breeding till the early 80's.
Land race strains have had thousands of years to establish themselves in the locations they are in while most true hybrids can't even survive in the wild without human help.

Then the reasons for breeding in the first place. There are a lot of seed companies out but very few breeders. Which is a person who does more then just the F1 cross and none of those people are doing work to make the plants hardy survivors outdoors. They breed for yield and potency mainly neither of which is gonna help the plant outdoors in fact the larger budding plant tend to rot outdoors in the later season taking their seeds with them.

When you talk about corn true in that case but there has been extensive breeding and some genetic engineering to make it a hardy plant to grow outdoors in large crops. This kind of work has never been done with the cannabis plant. Hemp yes cause it is a legal crop in many countries but as far as the version of the cannabis plant we like it has never been done. No large companies or corporations have ever been able to grow it in crops legally so no work has been done to make the plant grow like that. Definitely not in amounts that would take over areas from existing land race strains.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleP-O

#713365 - 02/09/14 01:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I watched all the eps of "strain hunters" the other week.  It would be Pretty cool to travel the world looking for original stains :cool:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #713586 - 02/09/14 05:01 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Well I first heard it from someone who was all into landraces because he wanted to breed his own then a few other places over the years. It very well may be that people are talking about new one's, but I think the general idea is that wherever there are humans, they are not usually smoking a pure native landrace. Obviously you can get landrace seeds at the seed bank, they're not impossible to find. I think dude might have mentioned something about finding a new landrace that hasn't been messed with, that might be the priority to preserve that before it gets crossed with anything.

They have found bud entombed with people that died 5000 years ago, man has had a relationship with the plant for awhile. Humans have traditionally always done some sort of selective breeding on the crops they tend.

You can only prove so much talking about it, if you want to get the hiking equipment out sometime I'm down. New or not, I think it would be sweet coming across a landrace and trying to preserve it.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Most natural stain out there [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #713704 - 02/09/14 09:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

UltimateDevotion said:
i love watching the smart ones argue

Seem to learn more when they talk amongst themselves like that. Its really interesting stuff. Plus they know what they are talking about. Its way better than listening to two dudes high as shit arguing why pot should be legal when they both fucking support the legalization movement.lol.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds