Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeardu
Stranger
inconsistent light cycle auto flower
    #707852 - 01/16/14 12:44 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hi my friend has 2 auto flower plants la diva both of them, and he wanted to shock them early on into producing bananas with the hope of them producing seeds with themselves. So he sporaticly turned the light on and off at odd times of day 6 hours 2 hours left on for 24 than off 4 so on and so forth, he got no male bananas but the buds seem to have stopped growing so he has just decided to leave the lights on until hairs change color or bananas for one at least. Do incosistent light cycles affect auto flowers enough to slow bud growth? Thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: inconsistent light cycle auto flower [Re: Peardu] * 2
    #707919 - 01/16/14 06:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Tell your friend he's being a retard. Shocking the plant into seeding itself is gonna produce hermie plants which is gonna produce hermie weed and your friend is gonna be smoking some pretty nasty shit.

This isn't the way feminized seeds are done if that is what your friend is attempting to do.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePeardu
Stranger
Re: inconsistent light cycle auto flower [Re: Magash]
    #707997 - 01/17/14 07:10 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for being a dick. That was not my question , I was looking for someones opinion on my question. That bullshit attitude of yours belongs on the shroomery where most every one acts shitty to each other, The users here are alot nicer. And I have read that it only makes lot's of hermies if it is naturaly a hermie if you shock the male parts from it then there is no difference. So my friend can see for himself. Thanks

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: inconsistent light cycle auto flower [Re: Peardu]
    #708066 - 01/17/14 09:34 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Well first off Mag's right.  This process would product hermie seeds.  It isn't the method one wants to use to produce feminized seeds.

But to answer your question, of corse fucking with the light cycle is going to stress the plants.  And when plants are stress growth rate tends to suffer.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: inconsistent light cycle auto flower [Re: Peardu] * 1
    #708075 - 01/17/14 09:59 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah your right I shouldn't have been a dick just happens when one person consistently asks one stupid question after another without making the attempt to find the answer on their own.

and by the way
Quote:

I was looking for someones opinion on my question.

Just so you know nowhere in your question do you ask for anybody's opinion but since that is what you wanted no problem. Question was so stupid I didn't think it was real that is why you got the harsh answer.

So far I've been one of the only ones to answer your questions without just putting up a link.

So if your actually serious here lets try and figure out what your doing then.

Quote:

Do incosistent light cycles affect auto flowers enough to slow bud growth? Thanks in advance

They will be affected but not nearly the way a regular strain would. Remember the autos are triggered by age not by light period. What will most likely happen as you figured out is the less light they get the slower they grow. With autos the longer light periods also give larger yields since they have more time to convert sugars to food. Extending light times with autos will also lengthen the time it takes for the buds to mature but not as drastically as it would on a regular flowering plant.

Remember the way light works on growth of the buds is the same as regular flowering plants. Now I'm not talking triggering flowering I'm talking growth. Shorter light cycles make for less yield but also causes the buds to mature faster (for some this is more important then yield). So if your thinking can yield be increased by extending flowering time with a little longer light period example: 16hrs on and 12hrs off yes it can.

What it boils down to is that it's harder to force male parts from a auto by fucking with the light. Fuck with the water, nutrients, and the temps to try and get male parts.

Quote:

And I have read that it only makes lot's of hermies if it is naturaly a hermie

Nah, you can force a plant to turn hermie in fact by stressing a plant you can even cause a complete turn in sex. A full blown female can be turned into a full blown male with no signs of hermie growth.

Another thing when fucking with the plants by changing the light around is how much indica to sativa is there. People have to realize that Sativa plants take longer to flower but are easier to trigger. They come from areas near the equator which have a far less change in light hours from summer to fall. They may veg with 11hrs of darkness but trigger into flowering with just 13. Where Indica strains may need to go from 18hrs of light to 14hrs before flowering even starts to trigger.

So bullshit aside this means that it's gonna be easier to get male flowers from plants that have more sativa in them by fucking with the lights.

Quote:

if it is naturaly a hermie if you shock the male parts from it then there is no difference.

Ok, what exactly are you trying to say here. Looks like your saying that your read that it's possible to shock just the male parts on a hermie? If this is what your saying then it can't be done. Not possible to shock one part of a plant without shocking the rest of it.

I may have just figured something out. Going by some of the things you said in this thread like this
Quote:

And I have read that it only makes lot's of hermies if it is naturaly a hermie if you shock the male parts from it then there is no difference.

and I believe you asked a question on gabrillic acid one time (man I hope your not using that shit on your plants) and a question on all male seeds. Are you using old literature as a information source? The gabrillic acid use to be popular in the 80s so that is why I figure some of your reference material may be older.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#709798 - 01/25/14 04:00 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Wait what's wrong with gibberellic acid for female seeds? cant you use it to stess a female branch and then use that pollen on another plant to create female seeds? If not then how do you create female seeds? I thought id read that soma stresses his plants into males then uses that pollen on the same plants to create female seeds. Ugh I don't know how to make female seeds.

I'd also read in a recent guide that you can use gibberellic acid solution on a seed to improve the chances of female seeds from regulars.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: inconsistent light cycle auto flower [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #709799 - 01/25/14 04:15 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Well according to a guide from 2013 "how to grow elite marijuana" the method of creating female seeds is to use gibberellic acid on a cut female branch put in water and collect the pollen and mix it with rooting solution(cloning solution?) and use the pollen on another female plant. Says using the pollen on the same plant the cut branch is from may cause inbreeding problems, but can preserve a plants characteristics.

I'm not entirely sure if this is what's being talked about here.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #709835 - 01/25/14 02:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Wait what's wrong with gibberellic acid for female seeds? cant you use it to stess a female branch and then use that pollen on another plant to create female seeds? If not then how do you create female seeds? I thought id read that soma stresses his plants into males then uses that pollen on the same plants to create female seeds. Ugh I don't know how to make female seeds.

I'd also read in a recent guide that you can use gibberellic acid solution on a seed to improve the chances of female seeds from regulars.

For making female seeds gibberellic acid sucks and it sucks hard. No pro breeders are using it cause it mostly causes hermies.

Soma does not stress his plants into males he lets his plants go way past the harvest date and when age stress causes bananas he uses those to make his female seeds. That also happens to be the reason he has some of the worst reviews on his female seeds. He calls his method "Rodelization". He does this cause he does everything organically but making female seeds isn't a organic process and doesn't work with his method. He has a extremely high rate of hermies.

The best method is STS. These use a mix of Silver Nitrate and sodium thiosulfate.

The difference between the female plant and the male plant is that the female plant has one more hormone then the male plant. They both use the same hormone to trigger flowering but the female also has one that makes the flower form female. What happens is the STS attaches itself to the hormone and makes it unusable to the plant. You can just spray one branch of the plant and only have male flowers there.

This is a very fast explanation of how it works but the main parts are there.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#709983 - 01/26/14 10:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Cool thanks I kind of needed that cleared up. Of course I just ordered gibberellic acid 2 days ago =/ at least it wasn't much. Although I mainly planned to try using it to soak seeds since I have heard it promotes female plants... somehow. There are a few products on the market that claim to promote females too.

I forgot to specify that soma stresses his plants by letting them flower until they hermie and doesn't use hormones or chemicals.

Now to find out how to make sts

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #710013 - 01/27/14 01:31 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Silver Nitrate and sodium thiosulfate are both pretty easy to find online.

You can soak the seeds and I hope it works but ........ ummmm...........it's not gonna. The reason we do the STS is to make the female pollen in order to make female seeds which pretty much shows the seeds sex is determined when the seed is created during pollination.

and use gloves and a mask when using gibberellic cause it's some nasty shit.

--------------------

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

#710198 - 01/28/14 08:03 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:whathesaid: --- Guy knows his shit. I learned something new here as well.

~Skunk

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: inconsistent light cycle auto flower [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #710845 - 01/31/14 07:59 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks.

There seems to be some dispute over whether you can influence seed sex. It does seem more logical that seed sex would be determined regardless of external factors, but supposedly there is some evidence that certain factors, light light color and air temperature can have a slight influence on sex. Although I've also heard that random number generators are influenced by intent.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds