Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline2bakednate

2bakednate's Micro Grow in a Barrel
    #700315 - 12/19/13 12:24 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

So I obtained a Plastic Containment Drum/Barrel with a lid... 28in tall 20in wide, I have always wanted to try a stealth micro grow so I've decided to go for it. Let me know what you think!:thumbup:

I may take pictures later on, but here is a diagram I drew up for now.

--------------------
"Connect & Grow"

Edited by 2bakednate (12/19/13 12:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: 2bakednate's Micro Grow in a Barrel [Re: 2bakednate]
    #700421 - 12/19/13 11:12 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Looks good but you should have the bottom fan intake and the top fan out.  Heat naturally rises so it easier to remove from the top of the space.

Offline2bakednate

Re: 2bakednate's Micro Grow in a Barrel [Re: night train]
    #700534 - 12/19/13 01:57 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Right on, I had a feeling I had them backwards.

--------------------
"Connect & Grow"

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
    #701920 - 12/24/13 04:09 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Or just one fan and passive air intake...thats a really small space

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #702265 - 12/26/13 01:10 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I'd get a round 'UFO' LED to put right on top instead of that fluorescent. Then have the exhaust go straight out the top. If you mount it to the lid and cut some holes for the fans you could probably use the LED's fans as your exhaust as they usually suck from the sides and blow up. Keep the light at a constant height and just move the plants up and down if they really need to be close, but at 28" you probably wont need to adjust the light distance too much and it would be more of a pain in the ass than anything.

It takes a lot of research before you buy an LED grow light, the market is full of garbage marketing and lies. However your space is so small that your probably going to benefit from a lower power fixture that the plants can get closer to. So I'd say about $100-150 for an LED in that area and you'd be set on lighting for 30,000+ hrs. Not only would you have better lighting you'd look like a pimp too.

If your drain holes are big enough and not clogged they should be enough for passive air intake, but if you want air holes on the side I would do multiple smaller ones so it comes in evenly and not from one direction. Not that it would make much of a difference, but that sized area will probably not have a fan moving the air once it gets inside. Then cover those with screen to keep the bugs out and act as a primitive dust filter.

And make sure to line the inside with panda film or mylar to get the most out of the lights. You'd be surprised how much that can do. Panda film is cheap, $10 for a 10'x10' sheet, or if you can find a hydro store that sells it by the foot they usually charge around $1 per foot, 10' wide. Don't use foil.

What kind of feed system are you going with? If it were me I'd use coco and drain to waste with one larger trained/topped plant, or sog. You'd probably get the most out of it with coco. I use blumats to keep my plants watered but want to get some trays so I can do drain to waste and keep the coco flushed. Blumats work great, just gotta flush from time to time.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale