Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
BHO % Yield * 1
    #697136 - 12/06/13 12:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Just wondering the % yield other people are getting when making their BHO. My buddy has been making an extractor, spent over $1500 by now. I just got my first batch of oil made from some trim I had, 9.6g of oil from 105g of trim--9.1%. He had run some buds through right before and got a little over 16%. Its like a 4 day process, dude has the magnetic stir bar in the oil and everything. Closed system-odorless butane. Its pretty pimped.

When I first opened the jar I could smell the 'trim' a little, but the oil tastes and smokes great, no trim flavor.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: BHO % Yield [Re: phychotron]
    #697138 - 12/06/13 12:23 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

thats sick.... ive been wanting to order one of those reuse butane extractor set ups for a while..... they are expensive as fuck, tho

he made is own "extractor" ?  any chance u got a pic of his set up?  how is purged?  vac or heat? or both?

that color is niiice too.  :hi5:

I was soooo dabbed out last night.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: BHO % Yield [Re: P-O]
    #697183 - 12/06/13 02:41 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

No pics yet, he's about to start building another. He uses a vacuum pump to remove all the air, puts the butane tank on dry ice, then hooks it up at the top at room temp, to the column with the bud, down to the lower oil tank that is on dry ice, the temperature difference/gravity drives the butane. That sits overnight.

I'm not entirely sure on the finishing steps, but when re-condensing he has an electronic valve that equalizes the pressure between the two tanks, it has something to do with letting the pressure build up otherwise it won't move. So it opens and closes the valve every few seconds/minutes to get the butane back in the first tank. He has a heat/stir plate and stirs the oil as its evaporating. Then after that is done he'll take the oil out and set it in a container then put the tank back under vacuum for a day to purge any excess butane. I think he might put the butane tank back on dry ice, or maybe the stir plate works, I'm not sure.

He's still working out the kinks and getting the perfect method down, like trying to get a insulating sleeve  for the column and let the butane soak for a little bit in the buds before draining. Butane needs to be -25º to stay liquid. He needs a way of getting rid of the dry ice but still be able to keep it at sub-zero temperatures.

The color gets a little darker when its all done, still a nice golden brown though. His next plan was to incorporate anhydrous alcohol to replace the final trace amounts of butane that are normally locked into the oil.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleP-O

#697184 - 12/06/13 02:56 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

this is the unit i wanted to order....

http://www.tamisiumextractors.com/index.php/te-175-2-ounce

Quote:

QUESTION; Do you really get to re use the butane? and which one do you have specifically, please tell me more about it i use a home made
version that is no where near sophisticated but cost me all of 20 dollars... the money back on that was a blink of an eye in comparison.
ANSWER; Butane is recovered after it is used. A closed system is safer and it allows you to perform hot, cold, low pressure or no pressure extractions with one or multiple polarity solvents as well as recover the butane. Being able to do all these things for the first time allows anyone to perform more extractions to get more variety and higher yields more efficiently than anything ever produced.
There are proteins that are being discovered from grains that have never been seen before, because butane solvent can be used while implementing all these parameter controls. Some components are being seen for the first time, when before, they were destroyed by the extraction process itself. This suggest that all research on plants may have to be done again to see what may have been missed.
Sincere Regards
David@tamisiumextractors.com
TamisiumExtractors.com
Safe, Healthy, Non Toxic Butane Oil Extractors:
A superior way to extract Oils and Chemicals from plants.

maybe copy how they do it (keep it pressurized?)

I bet you could steal his idea by emailing him with question about their design

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #697209 - 12/06/13 04:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Strange that they made it so that the collector and column are the same piece... my buddy has two different size columns he uses. When using the big one he tries to keep the tube cold and liquid in the column soaking, but the smaller one doesn't really need it.

--------------------

Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #697270 - 12/06/13 08:38 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Butane needs to be -25º to stay liquid. He needs a way of getting rid of the dry ice but still be able to keep it at sub-zero temperatures.

The color gets a little darker when its all done, still a nice golden brown though. His next plan was to incorporate anhydrous alcohol to replace the final trace amounts of butane that are normally locked into the oil.

30F or -1C, is the boiling point of n-butane.  below that (freezer temp) butane will stay liquid.

as for the anhydrous alcohol, use everclear (190 proof) or the highest proof vodka available.  the water content should not affect the end product since polar molecules are filtered out with the initial butane extraction.  The alcohol is utilized for "winterization" aka removing plant waxes; anhydrous is quicker and therefore easier to evaporate.  (though perhaps some very light terpenes are preserved by volatility difference)...

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: BHO % Yield [Re: trichome]
    #697290 - 12/06/13 10:33 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

He's not going to mix the water into the butane. The whole idea is that its a closed system and reclaiming all the solvents, keeping them clean as well.

Not sure if its happening in his system, but typically when you lower the pressure you lower the boiling point as well.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #697343 - 12/07/13 10:37 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
thats sick.... ive been wanting to order one of those reuse butane extractor set ups for a while..... they are expensive as fuck, tho

You weren't joking.

I thought you meant a few grand but 25g's is insane.

InvisibleP-O

Re: BHO % Yield [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #697347 - 12/07/13 10:53 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

the kilo unit is 25k.... the 2oz model is only 1500+shipping now. 

it was $2500, 2 ago for the "one oz model", now its $1500 for 2oz model (redesigned).  So price has gone down a bit. 

If your doin alot of runs of bho, its worth the investment :excellent:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #697384 - 12/07/13 02:48 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

For sure, you can turn you trim into the bomb oil. If your in cali doing an outdoor 99 plant grow your going to have a lot of that laying around, probably enough to pay for itself within one or two runs just with the trim alone. Plus all your friends are going to want to use it, for a % of oil or straight rental. Without growing yourself, just knowing growers, if you had one of these you'd be able to make oil/$. The larger the capacity the less time it will take, the more you can process, etc... it all works out in the end.

Beats coconut oil any day, and can be used to make coconut oil, so its a win all around.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds