Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDontplay
Stranger

Kentucky Mountains Grow
    #696903 - 12/04/13 08:11 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

It's been a few years since I have planted any crops but due to prices am forced to grow a personal crop after this winter season. I'm going to post my preliminary plan for the season, I would appreciate any input on alternative ideas and suggestions.

Grow Location: Kentucky Mountains

Access: I hike alot so my plan is to hike about a mile into the hills to a gravel creek bed that stays pretty dry most of the year, from there another mile or two deeper into the mountains using the creek bed to cover my tracks.
    Pros- Undisturbed location, access to water sources, discreet entry into the mountains
    Cons - Helicopters tend to scout for crops during season, limited trips to the site probably about twice a month. Less during flowering ? I have buddy's who grow and some of them only check on their crop once a month..Although this leads to less control over the growing conditons.

Should I top the plants to help hide them better from the air ?

Growing conditions:

- I am unsure of the quality of soil in the area as of the moment. Lower areas can often contain clay, and hill sides often have darker aerated soil with alot of composted materials from a history of tornado damage and natural decay.

- I am not sure I can haul in my own soil by myself and do not want to risk including anyone else in my grow. I am considering some sort of time released fertilizer pellets or burrying a fish in each hole. Has anyone ever tried this with noticeable success ? And old time grower mentioned this to me before.

- I have animal and critter protection under control....

- I plan on spacing out the plants in a random fashion in spots with good sunlight (will be making a trip and camping the area for a day or two to better understand the sunlight coverage and times for the area and choose my spots) My plan is to have about 10-15 plants in a 1/4th square mile maybe.

I do not have access to quality feminized seeds, so I am forced to use the best seeds I have saved from locally outdoor grown plants. I will be starting them at home and carefully getting them out to the site and planting in the ground.

I would appreciate any advice and recommendations on my grow. Keep in mind it's in the preliminary stages but would like to make a grow journal when I start. Possibly help those who are forced to grow in complete secrecy like I have to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeepBeepGuy
Stranger

Re: Kentucky Mountains Grow [Re: Dontplay]
    #715576 - 02/16/14 01:01 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry that I don't have much to offer about the actual crops, but I'll throw my two cents in about whatever I can. It might be worth while wearing camoflauge if there are helicopters on the look out. Stay under the tree canopy unless you can't. Plant other plants around the cannabis so they don't stand out. Putting a fish in with the seed will provide nutrients, a technique invented by American Indians.

Offlineweezy420
Stranger

Re: Kentucky Mountains Grow [Re: BeepBeepGuy]
    #715912 - 02/17/14 05:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Please don't put fish in with your seeds. Plant roots do not break down organic matter(at least not MJ), they absorb the nutrients already broken down by the microflora,fungi,worms,etc in the soil over time. This will work, but it is more of a means of replenishing the nutrients you absorbed from your crop for next year.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Kentucky Mountains Grow [Re: weezy420]
    #715916 - 02/17/14 05:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The asian guys here use fish guts and byproducts with their plants.  I always thought that was weird as fuck.  Apparently the grow rooms stink like fish too

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kentucky Mountains Grow [Re: P-O]
    #715945 - 02/17/14 08:34 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Weezy nailed it.  You could throw fish in certain types of composters for future use.  But not in with your plants.  That's just retarded.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies