Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheThirdEye
Stranger

Small backyard stealth grow.?
    #567698 - 06/27/11 12:06 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So I want to take a break from mushroom cultivation and want to get back into the mj business. Well here's the background:

So the roommate doesn't care if Mary Jane is grown or not but wants it just anywhere besides in doors. ( Reason being that his parents drop by in the house often and that he is paranoid that the helicopters will detect the heat... -.-) i don't understand because the grow will be small, for personal use as in I do not burn much. I really don't care for yield as log as iget a couple grams.

Well anyways, for his sake, being him letting a grow happen on the property, I'd like to make the grow small and stealthy outdoors. (out of respect) is there any plants I should plant outside so his parents wouldn't recognize it in a glance? Like buy a bush or something and plant it next to that? And his rents never go outside much, just glance. Also it's from bagseed and don't know if it is sativa or indica so I would like to plant it close to the end of the season to induce flowering asap. When would that time be? This will only be my second grow. Thanks in advance! Much appreciated fellas. This is more of hobby with a small reward rather a goal to get bud.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: Small backyard stealth grow.? [Re: TheThirdEye]
    #567707 - 06/27/11 01:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheThirdEye said:
So I want to take a break from mushroom cultivation and want to get back into the mj business. Well here's the background:

So the roommate doesn't care if Mary Jane is grown or not but wants it just anywhere besides in doors. ( Reason being that his parents drop by in the house often and that he is paranoid that the helicopters will detect the heat... -.-) i don't understand because the grow will be small, for personal use as in I do not burn much. I really don't care for yield as log as iget a couple grams.

Well anyways, for his sake, being him letting a grow happen on the property, I'd like to make the grow small and stealthy outdoors. (out of respect) is there any plants I should plant outside so his parents wouldn't recognize it in a glance? Like buy a bush or something and plant it next to that? And his rents never go outside much, just glance. Also it's from bagseed and don't know if it is sativa or indica so I would like to plant it close to the end of the season to induce flowering asap. When would that time be? This will only be my second grow. Thanks in advance! Much appreciated fellas. This is more of hobby with a small reward rather a goal to get bud.

Wooo I love trying to answer questions when I'm baked
First off welcome to the growery!
So, hiding the plants from your roommates parents is probably going to be the biggest problem. As for helicopters with heat sensors, they would find the plants much easier outdoors than inside, because cannabis gives off heat like (I think it is) tomatoes and grapes. However I really doubt that the cops would bust you even if they happened to accidentally find the plants with heat sensors. That's some serious equipment and they wouldn't waste time with someone who's just got a garden grow. And you'll definitely get more than a couple grams if you know anything about growing lol

IMO there's really no way to hide a fully flowering cannabis plant just by planting other things around it. But there are some plants that you can buy that look just like it. Maybe buy an outdoor grow tent, the type with an adjustable shell you can pull over it. The one I'm thinking of is opaque white on both layers.

You should start your seeds as soon as possible. Planting them later will give you a much smaller harvest, because the plant will be a lot smaller than if you planted it earlier and won't be able to grow big buds :smile: Also if you plant too late than the buds might not have time to ripen before the first frost of fall, but that's unlikely.
When growing outdoors, the sun is in control unless you have a tent or something to cover your plants and give them a completely uninterrupted dark period, to mimic the shorter days of fall. When the light period drops down to 12/12 the plant knows or thinks that the winters coming and so needs to produce big buds with lots of trichomes to catch pollen from males to make seeds. I'm not really sure when the light drops down to 12/12 but I'm guessing August??

So I hope that helps and makes some sense lol :bonghit: :hippie:

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Small backyard stealth grow.? [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #568681 - 06/30/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

there's a strain called ducks foot. The leaves look exactly like a ducks foot. Check out some seedbanks man. you could also grow some autos. They will blend in more.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineTheThirdEye
Stranger

Re: Small backyard stealth grow.? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #568953 - 07/01/11 09:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hm.. Thanks for the response you guys! will take them into consideration. :thumbup:

Also since the only reason why I was gonna start this grow was because I had a couple bagseed around I don't see me buying seeds from a bank, although I had great success with autos in m last grow which I loved! very convenient but the budget ATM is strict ha. I wouldn't mind harvesting low mids. So yeah, are there any legal plants that make a good hiding place for mj plants?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck