Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecyclonicthunder
Stranger
Planning on doing it right this time
    #696569 - 12/03/13 12:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

My last foray was a disaster for its lack of research. As such, I've started to research and compile a list of what I need to do, and the materials I have.

1)Mixture of topsoil with perlite in large pot.
2)Emergency blanket surrounded acting as mylar.
3) Fan blowing a small wind into the sprouts.
4) Light watering.
5) Start using plant food, following instructions on package.
6) Flourescent light of 5200 lumens.

Any other ideas here? Before I didn't use proper plantfood/light/fan and was using purely coco coir. Is this new setup superior?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Planning on doing it right this time [Re: cyclonicthunder]
    #696570 - 12/03/13 12:32 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

The nug in my sig was done in pure coco coir. Its a good medium so that wasnt your problem.

You didnt give any details...

What brand plant food? Whats npk?

What kind of light exactly and spectrum?

--------------------

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Planning on doing it right this time [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #696601 - 12/03/13 10:02 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Unfortunatly I cannot see your Sig, Fortunatly because it is an Off Site image.... Next time upload to growery.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Planning on doing it right this time [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #696618 - 12/03/13 10:38 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Umm it is uploaded to growery. Its in my gallery.

--------------------

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Planning on doing it right this time [Re: cyclonicthunder]
    #696946 - 12/05/13 09:13 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cyclonicthunder said:
My last foray was a disaster for its lack of research. As such, I've started to research and compile a list of what I need to do, and the materials I have.

1)Mixture of topsoil with perlite in large pot.
2)Emergency blanket surrounded acting as mylar.
3) Fan blowing a small wind into the sprouts.
4) Light watering.
5) Start using plant food, following instructions on package.
6) Flourescent light of 5200 lumens.

Any other ideas here? Before I didn't use proper plantfood/light/fan and was using purely coco coir. Is this new setup superior?

Yes, good planning and a lot of research is vital to growing a successful and bountiful crop of dank marijuana buds.  Thank you for doing your research before you proceeded to plant more seedlings.  +5.

1.  Check your local organics/hydroponics store or search around to your local area's garden nurseries for a premium brand topsoil (not potting soil).  The difference between "topsoil" and "potting soil" is that - "topsoil" has virtually no, or only trace amounts macro, secondary, and micro nutrients in the soil.  "Pottingsoil", however, will be fortified with all of the aforementioned macro, secondary and micro nutrients that are usually not set for growing marijuana unless you source potting soil designed for growing marijuana specifically.  You want to go with a premium brand topsoil.  Premium brand soils are the best because they use the best ingredients and have higher standards of processing the soil.  Mix the soil with the perlite at a 50/50 ratio.

2.  I'm very unclear on what you mean by "Emergency blanket surrounded acting as mylar.".

3.  Check.  A gentle breeze blowing onto your seedlings will reduce the chances of pests and molds infesting your garden, strengthens plants, provides ample air into the soil, helps cool the environment, provides CO2, ect.

4.  Always be sure to balance the PH of your water before providing it to your plants.  Marijuana growing in a soil-less medium enjoys a PH of about 5.9 - 6.3.  Chlorine is very toxic to marijuana plants.  Municipal water sources usually have levels of Chlorine in them that are toxic to marijuana plants.  If you are sourcing your water municipally you will need to take measures to volatilize the excess Chlorine out of the water and into the atmosphere such as filling a reservoir up with the municipally sourced water and letting it sit for 24 hours, stirring several times within said 24 hours.  Another way to achieve this is by placing a bubble stone hooked up to an air pump or water pump into the reservoir and constantly run either of those devices.  Both of these practices will also add oxygen to the water.  The extra oxygen in the water will be provided to the plants' roots and that's a good thing.  Make sure your growing container(s) have a lot of holes on and around the bottom of them for ample water drainage.  Water seedlings and plants until the water runs out of the drainage holes for a few seconds.  Pick up the freshly watered container.  Feel how heavy it is?  Don't water again until the top 1/8th to about 1/4th inch of the soil is dry and the container is a lot lighter than it was when you first watered it.  Depending on the amount of air, temperature, and how light and fluffy your growing medium is will determine how frequently you will need to water.

5.  Tap water has enough dissolved solids in it to provide nourishment to marijuana plants through out the seedling phase.  Begin feeding your plants when they enter the vegetative stage with a well balanced, complete hydroponic fertilizer that has an emphasis on Nitrogen.  For flowering use a well balanced, complete hydroponic fertilizer that has an emphasis on Phosphorus. 

6.  5200 lumens from multiple fluorescent lights will be just enough light to raise seedlings, root clones and vegetate plants.  The intensest light fluorescents have to offer only travels 4-5 inches from the bulb.  In order to deliver the most light offered by fluorescents the lights will have to be placed and kept just above the canopy of the plants.  You'll want to encourage squat growth of the plants in the vegetative stage by LST'ing, and or topping and FIM'ing them so they'll stay about 4-6 inches tall.  The fan providing the gentle breeze to the plants is enough to keep fluorescents cool enough to place plants with in 1-5 inches of the bulbs provided ample intake and exhaust air is being supplied to the garden.  For flowering fluorescent lights can produce potent, dank buds.  There will just not be many of them, and they won't be very dense.  Light from fluorescents is just not intense enough to penetrate into the inner and lower parts of the garden, and the main buds will be wispy.  CFL's can help in that manner because they are easily mutable and can be adjusted around flowering plants at any point in their flowering cycle so that the most light these bulbs have to offer can be delivered to the plants.

I think your new setup checklist is much more suited for your growing needs.  Get a few more grows under your belt using these basic growing techniques and gradually make the progression into more advanced growing techniques.  How fast you make said progressions is entirely up to to you and your thirst for the knowledge as well as your hunger to achieve and succeed.  Start small ~ Go big.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Planning on doing it right this time [Re: hamloaf]
    #696950 - 12/05/13 10:11 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Emergency blankets are ones that come in firstaid kit,they are reflective.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale