Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Nutrient burn?? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #694188 - 11/18/13 06:53 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

How long have the stems and petioles been purple?

It looks like you're dealing with a phosphorus deficiency.

Your plants could be underfed or you could possibly be locking out Phosphorus with an unstable ph. Have you tested your runoff yet?

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Nutrient burn?? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #694231 - 11/18/13 08:35 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, that's definitely a phosphorus ("P") deficiency.  He said he noticed a few pests.  I wonder what he used to get rid of them (if he used anything at all)? 

He really does need to test his run off water or test his soil for PH.  Phosphorus will lock out quicker than shit if the soil is too acidic or alkaline.  An excess of iron and zinc will lock phosphorus out also, or yea, he isn't feeding frequently enough.  He also doesn't mention anything about where he sources his water. 

budgrowerwannabe, phosphorus deficiencies are easy to treat.  Just lower the PH of your soil and water to about 5.5-6 and fertigate your plants with a complete and balanced fertilizer comprised or organic materials, or an organic or inorganic hydroponic fertilizer that contains phosphorus.  Lowering your PH will ensure that phosphorus is now available to the plants. 

If the problem is the PH being wrong in the soil it's going to be hydrated and dolomite lime tea time.  The hydrated lime will go to work right away buffering the PH of the soil and is flushed out quickly.  The dolomite lime will act as a PH buffer in the soil for a few weeks or so.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Nutrient burn?? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #694237 - 11/18/13 09:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
How long have the stems and petioles been purple?

It looks like you're dealing with a phosphorus deficiency.

Your plants could be underfed or you could possibly be locking out Phosphorus with an unstable ph. Have you tested your runoff yet?

They have been  slowly turning this way since i put them in flower on 11/4/13.
Well i never feed them since i took the clones,I watered them just before i put them in the tent took thet long for them to dry out for me to feed them.

No I didnt test the run off fuck .
But I always have my ph in the money spot.    im  hopen its just they need fed like the one above it??

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Nutrient burn?? [Re: hamloaf]
    #694240 - 11/18/13 09:11 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Yea, that's definitely a phosphorus ("P") deficiency.  He said he noticed a few pests.  I wonder what he used to get rid of them (if he used anything at all)? 

He really does need to test his run off water or test his soil for PH.  Phosphorus will lock out quicker than shit if the soil is too acidic or alkaline.  An excess of iron and zinc will lock phosphorus out also, or yea, he isn't feeding frequently enough.  He also doesn't mention anything about where he sources his water. 

budgrowerwannabe, phosphorus deficiencies are easy to treat.  Just lower the PH of your soil and water to about 5.5-6 and fertigate your plants with a complete and balanced fertilizer comprised or organic materials, or an organic or inorganic hydroponic fertilizer that contains phosphorus.  Lowering your PH will ensure that phosphorus is now available to the plants. 

If the problem is the PH being wrong in the soil it's going to be hydrated and dolomite lime tea time.  The hydrated lime will go to work right away buffering the PH of the soil and is flushed out quickly.  The dolomite lime will act as a PH buffer in the soil for a few weeks or so.

I used a ladybug fogger neem oil,and soapy water on my pest prob. there gone now!!

My water is from the city?? good to drink?So i fill up my res. 55 gallon. let it sit with a lid.
Then I take buckets out of that and fill my next res 25 gallon were there is a air stone and it sits there till I ready to water. if i just ph my 25v gal res. its always at 7.0 after sitting awhile. dont know the ppm workin on that! So I  correct the ph  to 6.5 and water .thats were my water comes from.

Thanks for the help hope its just under feed

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#694241 - 11/18/13 09:12 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Test your run off water.  Testing the run off water will tell you if your soil's PH is correct thus concluding whether or not you can simply begin feeding again.  If your soil's PH is too acidic or alkaline, you're going to have some work to do.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#694242 - 11/18/13 09:13 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

well going to have to wait till it drys out now

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrient burn?? [Re: budgrowerwannabe] * 1
    #694390 - 11/18/13 06:14 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah he may be having phosphorus deficiencies but I'm sure the 65F temps are helping show a little purple on the stems. Plus the plants are stressed from the fact that he has had a insect wild life park in there.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Nutrient burn?? [Re: Magash]
    #694407 - 11/18/13 07:49 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:smokerage: bugs they all must die lolo

Wonder witch ones I didnt get yet?

Mag  :nowaitstopdammit:

:laugh2:

Sup man lol wonder whats going to happen next??

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#694443 - 11/18/13 10:59 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Yeah he may be having phosphorus deficiencies but I'm sure the 65F temps are helping show a little purple on the stems. Plus the plants are stressed from the fact that he has had a insect wild life park in there.

65 degrees isn't really cold enough to cause purpling in the stems like that.  Between 45-55 degrees ferinheight is the temperature fall coloring occurs at.  Also, the blueish green tinge on those leaves is yet another symptom of a phosphorus defeciency.  The insects MAY have caused a little stress to the plants.  Stress to plants due to pests sure isn't evidenced by the pictures provided though.

:growingweed:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #694446 - 11/19/13 02:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Quote:

Magash said:

65 degrees isn't really cold enough to cause purpling in the stems like that.  Between 45-55 degrees ferinheight is the temperature fall coloring occurs at.  Also, the blueish green tinge on those leaves is yet another symptom of a phosphorus defeciency.  The insects MAY have caused a little stress to the plants.  Stress to plants due to pests sure isn't evidenced by the pictures provided though.

:growingweed:

I can tell ya right off the bat that is wrong. I've had lavender plants turn purple in the 60s many times. GDP also now that I think about it.

30 years under the lights. I really need to find something else to do I'm getting to old to keep growing for a living. :facepalm:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#694453 - 11/19/13 07:37 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

30 years "under the lights"?  Jesus Christ, you're an old fucker aren't you.  30 years is a few years under how long I'v even been alive.  :lol:

Yea, altogether I've been under the lights for approximately 6-7 years.  I'm recently back under the lights after about a 4-5 year hiatus. 

A little purpling of the main veins and leaf stems coupled with normal leaf coloring in a garden kept at 65F and below would cause me to accept that the major cause of the purpling veins and stems was fall coloring.  I just don't know, man.  From here those leaves look a little small in proportion to the size of that plant, as well as I think I'm seeing that blueish kinda tinge going down on those fan leaves which are two more characteristic of a phosphorous deficiency.  If that were my plant I would investigate the PH of the soil to be sure there's nothing else going on, and if the PH of the soil was correct, treat the plant as if it were deficient in phosphorus.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #694454 - 11/19/13 08:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

30 years "under the lights"?  Jesus Christ, you're an old fucker aren't you.  30 years is a few years under how long I'v even been alive.

Punk ass kids. Yup I'm a old fucker I guess in your guys world. (late 40s) When I got under the lights they were just starting to use MH and HPS lights and air cooling wasn't even considered for years yet. Most were still using 4 foot floro tubes. No T5 or cfl just the normal tubes.

Quote:

From here those leaves look a little small in proportion to the size of that plant, as well as I think I'm seeing that blueish kinda tinge going down on those fan leaves which are two more characteristic of a phosphorous deficiency.  If that were my plant I would investigate the PH of the soil to be sure there's nothing else going on, and if the PH of the soil was correct, treat the plant as if it were deficient in phosphorus.

Yeah I think so too but (and I'm only going by what I see) those plants are on cement which leads me to believe they are in a garage or something like that and I'm gonna guess that on the Eastern side of this country where the temps are getting into the 20s at night maybe it may be getting lower then the mid 60s at night but I agree I think you'd see a little purple on the leaves also if it was the cold.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#694474 - 11/19/13 09:55 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well Mag they are in my basement!! And this room is a new set up so I was think in the cold air i have coming into the tent is to cold for the plants. there were aa couple nights were it got really cold so part of it might be the coo,l air.

The other part is I took the clones put them in soil vegged for a month didnt give it any food now like after putten it in there tent I watched it turn slowly yellow. till it dried out and then i fed it?? How we will see what happens:wellidunno:

Mag your not that old , olds like 84 or sum shit.
Im 32 not old yet i think??lol

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#695759 - 11/27/13 02:49 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?Seed
2. How old are your plants?ruffly month
3. How tall are your plants?3 inch
4. What size containers are they planted in? 1 gal bags
5. What is your soil mix? ff
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?  phed water at 6.5 and as they need it I can feel how heavy the bag is .
7. What is the pH of your water?6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? ff trio pack
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
T12s
11. How close are your lights to the plants?1-2 inch
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2x4x8
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?night time 65 day time 73ish
14. What is the pH of the soil? Dont know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?yes had thrips
16. How much experience do you have growing?about four indoor and 2 outdoor harvests

Now I started 10 autos 9 poped. 8 look really good and there is this one?? I didnt nothing differet to this one .They all have been taken care of the same .Nothing diff. dont know whats up never seen this ?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #695761 - 11/27/13 02:55 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Whoa that is funky looking. I haven't seen that one before. Only the one plant maybe it's a genetic thing with it. Kind of like DJ's Blueberry does the funky growth like that on some plants but it's a genetic thing. A retard plant.

:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#695762 - 11/27/13 03:11 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

lol funky Its till alive I think? Think i should just get rid of it? Since its a auto?

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#696026 - 11/28/13 11:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't keep that plant around.  Especially if I had more plants from the same seed stock going on.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re:?? ??????? [Re: hamloaf]
    #706718 - 01/12/14 02:25 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?clone
2. How old are your plants?ruffly month
3. How tall are your plants?2 foot
4. What size containers are they planted in? 2 gal bag
5. What is your soil mix? ff
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?  phed water at 6.5 and as they need it I can feel how heavy the bag is .
7. What is the pH of your water?6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? ff trio pack
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
mh 400
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 18 inch
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4 foot by 4 foot
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?night time 65 day time 73ish
14. What is the pH of the soil? Dont know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no not on this plant
16. How much experience do you have growing?about four indoor and 2 outdoor harvests

Well what I was wondering Y are the leafs tacoing? on top?

I have been lookin shit that looked like mine be no luck I though one of my grow buds might already know ?

Shes a white widow mum.

Thanks or the help.

Sorry or the shitty pics to:wellidunno:

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (01/12/14 02:33 PM)

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Re:?? ??????? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #706719 - 01/12/14 02:51 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The stocks and branches are purple as hell and the leaf tips are starting to straight burn.  Your soil's too hot.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re:?? ??????? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #706724 - 01/12/14 03:36 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I thought you stopped growing dude.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds