Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Possible for photos to flower under 18/6 light?
    #693856 - 11/15/13 04:25 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

First off hello, I'm new here but a regular on shroomery and was recommended this site from someone there because after multiple successful shroom harvests I decided to try my hand at MJ. Ive only been growing for a few months, but I currently have two healthy autos and one photo that started as a clone in flowering almost ready to harvest so I'm not completely clueless but still need some advice.

This lady is supposedly Northern Lights and is 7 weeks old. Like I said I'm still new to MJ but this looks to me like she's already flowering. The only problem is she's been under 18/6 light since she sprouted. Is this even possible, or was the seed mislabeled and she's actually some type of auto-flower?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Possible for photos to flower under 18/6 light? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #693859 - 11/15/13 04:30 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

By the way, she showed her sex 2 weeks ago with little pistols so I don't think they're preflowers but I could be wrong since Im still new at this. My clone photo I have flowering never looked like this until I switched it to 12/12.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #693862 - 11/15/13 05:01 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well it's definitely flowering.  You probably have an auto.

What do you mean by photo?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible for photos to flower under 18/6 light? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #693868 - 11/15/13 05:49 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

That same shit just happened to me with my NL seed freebie from Pyramid.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible for photos to flower under 18/6 light? [Re: phychotron]
    #693869 - 11/15/13 05:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

thats an unhappy looking plant

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#693874 - 11/15/13 06:53 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

What do you mean by photo?

Photoperiod. So you dont think those are "preflowers"?
Quote:

phychotron said:
That same shit just happened to me with my NL seed freebie from Pyramid.

Mine was a freebie too, except from Attitude.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible for photos to flower under 18/6 light? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #693876 - 11/15/13 07:12 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

I remember Magash saying some strains flower when they get root bound.

:shrug:

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #693877 - 11/15/13 07:22 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Whats up chaotic. Welcome to the growery!

What you've described is spot on for an auto. Thats a nice lookin plant you've got there too :thumbup:

I've got a friend thats really into autos. He gets some impressive yields. Check out this little overview on the life cycle of autos. If you've never grown autos it'll help you out quite a bit.

Written by Muddy over at the autoflower network

The life cycle of auto flowering cannabis.

Another common question I see is when to switch autos from veg to bloom. Many people are under the impression that as soon as they see the first flowers it's time to switch. Perhaps a little explanation of the life cycle of autos will help to clarify this.

Weeks 1 - 3. Once you've started your seeds and they break the surface of the soil, they are in their seedling stage. The first set of leaves to appear will usually single fingered, followed by a second set that may still be single fingered or perhaps 3 fingered. Once that second set appears growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis. This process will continue, more new leaves, faster growth. Depending on the type of soil in use, mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistols.

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6.

Weeks 7 - 9. By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients has been made. The buds will start to fill out and put on weight, becoming hard and tight. Pistols will start to change from white to brown, orange, red, etc. By now the plants will also have developed a strong smell. Toward the end of this phase the large primary and smaller secondary fan leaves will begin to turn yellow. This is an indication that the plant is moving toward the end of it's life.

Weeks 10 - 11. At this time flowering nutes should be discontinued and only plain pHed water fed to flush the remaining nutrients from the soil and improve the taste. Yellowing of the fan leaves will continue as the plant draws the stored energy from them. Eventually they will die and fall off. By the time that the smaller leaves that come from out of the buds will also start to turn yellow. Then it's time to harvest.

Hope that helps ya.  that plants IN fower, it's not shootin pre's

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Possible for photos to flower under 18/6 light? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #693884 - 11/15/13 07:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:

Hope that helps ya.  that plants IN fower, it's not shootin pre's

Thank you. Im really surprised and disappointed it was labeled Northern Lights if its an auto, from everything Ive read Attitude Seeds is very reliable and I already promised some NL clones to a couple friends that helped get me started.

This plant is in week 7, and still growing 1-2" per day...that contradicts your list but I guess there's no other explanation of why its flowering under 18/6. Do you think I should switch it to 12/12 and a warmer bulb or should I leave it at 18/6 and under the 6500k bulb for awhile longer?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #693886 - 11/15/13 08:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chaotic646 said:

Attitude is where I got mine, they're a seed bank not a breeder. It should say which breeder on the label, just under the name. Mine was in a round Pyramid Seeds single seed package, but most get relabeled and put into baggies. I put mine into 12/12 after that photo and its been going right along, but disappointing because its only in a 1L container. I'm flushing this week and should chop it down next week or so.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#693887 - 11/15/13 08:13 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Quote:

chaotic646 said:

Attitude is where I got mine, they're a seed bank not a breeder. It should say which breeder on the label, just under the name. Mine was in a round Pyramid Seeds single seed package, but most get relabeled and put into baggies. I put mine into 12/12 after that photo and its been going right along, but disappointing because its only in a 1L container. I'm flushing this week and should chop it down next week or so.

I pitched the baggie but come to think of it Pyramid does sound familiar. They must have messed up big time or don't care since they're freebies.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #693888 - 11/15/13 08:20 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Ya it really pissed me off cause I wanted to get a few ounces of NL in reserve but I'm getting less than an ounce for sure. If I knew it was an auto I would have treated it much differently. It smells really good, like that classic bud smell.

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#693890 - 11/15/13 08:25 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Ya it really pissed me off cause I wanted to get a few ounces of NL in reserve but I'm getting less than an ounce for sure. If I knew it was an auto I would have treated it much differently. It smells really good, like that classic bud smell.

Yeah I wish I would have known too, right before it started to flower I clipped a couple clones off...guess now that I know its an auto I can pitch them but I think I'll keep them awhile longer just in case.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #693895 - 11/15/13 08:37 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

nothing wrong with experimenting and seeing where they go.

Just don't transplant it at any time any it should do OK. It looks like its in a decent size pot considering its about the right size for an auto flower.

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#693926 - 11/16/13 07:26 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I appreciate everyone's help/advice. I'll be sure to come back to this thread and rep everyone once I get 50 posts under my belt. Thanks again :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals