Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemystkspiral

Grow Tent Light Question
    #692336 - 11/06/13 08:31 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

something i dont understand about the passive intake vents at the bottom of grow tents. atleast 1 of these vents have to stay open right? for passive air to flow through?

but when its open, how exactly can i prevent light from entering and escaping the tent?
im in veg now so not an issue, but when i reach flowering?

i have a 6in exhaust attached to my light inside.

Edited by mystkspiral (11/06/13 09:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemystkspiral

Re: Grow Tent Light Question [Re: mystkspiral]
    #692338 - 11/06/13 08:33 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

this what i mean, for visual readers

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Grow Tent Light Question [Re: mystkspiral] * 1
    #692362 - 11/06/13 09:38 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well, there's usually a flap on the inside that blocks out the light when it's not being pulled back by the force of the air being sucked in. If you need to exhaust during your dark cycle, maybe you could run some ducting through an unused port, and just make sure there is a turn or two in it to keep light from coming inside?

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow Tent Light Question [Re: Tank333]
    #692365 - 11/06/13 09:49 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Well, there's usually a flap on the inside that blocks out the light when it's not being pulled back by the force of the air being sucked in. If you need to exhaust during your dark cycle, maybe you could run some ducting through an unused port, and just make sure there is a turn or two in it to keep light from coming inside?

Bingo

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinemystkspiral

Re: Grow Tent Light Question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #692371 - 11/06/13 10:39 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

yup, thats what i was thinking i had to do, more ducting with an S shape, thought there might have been other solutions, thanks for the reassurance. tank & hawk.

unfortunately, this tent does not have extra flaps inside, but doesnt seem impossible to make a flap myself

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #692373 - 11/06/13 10:49 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

If there is no flap, I would cover that completely and duct in your fresh air. You don't want a makeshift cover falling off in the middle of the girls' night and give em a blast of light across em for as long as it takes for you to notice it... just :2cents:

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinemystkspiral

Re: Grow Tent Light Question [Re: Tank333]
    #692375 - 11/06/13 11:00 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

definitely spot on. thanks for the input. once i reach flowering, will def make sure to only vent in air and cover the flaps :thumbup:

Offlineplanterspnut1
Stranger
Male
    #692841 - 11/09/13 06:08 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but I wanted to let you know that I am using a 2'X4'X7'gorilla tent, and I open a bottom/side vent a little and open the very top round vent a little. Kind of like a Tee-Pee/chimney usage, with the cooler air going in the bottom and hotter air going out the top.  I am 4 weeks into flowering, and I have not had any problems, and my tent is in a basement room with several windows with light exposure.  I make sure I do not turn on the light in the room where the tent is located. Of course there is a fan inside also.  My bottom side vent is almost against a wall and I doubt if enough light could get in there, and the tent protects it everywhere else. The open top vent apparently has not been a problem.  I certainly am not trying to sound like I know so much.  It's just that I personally have not had any issues.  Also I am not saying don't worry about the ambient light either!  It does not take much to fool with mother nature. I guess I am lucky and the great overall design and quality of the gorilla tent has proven to be fine so far!! I wish you luck and remember the drawstrings can be tightened if you are worried, but you may lose air circulation, if you are doing something similar to me. Soon I should have some pictures to share.  Good luck my friend.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds