Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMisto
Stranger
 User Gallery
Grow Tent Ventilation Help!
    #384289 - 03/15/10 08:53 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

i recently purchased a 2x3x5 foot grow tent with many vent holes and im using a 400w hps light. was just wondering on how i should go about keeping it nice and ventilated for my babies

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow Tent Ventilation Help! [Re: Misto]
    #384323 - 03/15/10 09:32 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Fan + Ducting + Duct Tape + Air Cooled Hood.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Re: Grow Tent Ventilation Help! [Re: coda]
    #384493 - 03/16/10 07:25 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Get a 250 cfm fan and a carbon filter http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=49749 so your vented air doesn't pack a smell sure to catch the neighborhoods attention to what you are doing. Place anywhere high in your tent. 250 cfms will suck the heat, through the filter, out of your tent and right off of your light ballast. You will be able to use any kind of hood. Be sure you have a safe, secure place to displace the expelling heat from your grow tent to. Heat and the signature it leaves behind could bring you unwanted attention to your grow show if not expelled properly. That small amount of heat expelled into your attic would be a good place. Also through any type of ventilation system for your home used to expel heat from your house. Like an A/C flue or a dryer vent. You don't want to tap into these already existing systems either. The pipe size is rated only to handle the amount of heat for the appliance they are intended for. Tapping into these will create excessive creating fire hazard.

Construct and install your own to imitate these ventilation systems. Heat does not look suspicious expelling from these places

With a small light and small area. Like the one you have. Your temps will be easy to control.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow Tent Ventilation Help! [Re: Misto]
    #384501 - 03/16/10 07:37 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Misto said:
i recently purchased a 2x3x5 foot grow tent with many vent holes and im using a 400w hps light. was just wondering on how i should go about keeping it nice and ventilated for my babies

Do what coda said and keep the one end of your hood open so it also works as an exhaust fan for the rest of the tent and not just the light. You may want to get a intake fan 1/2 the strength as your exhaust fan.

Also to prevent light leaks you may want to tie a string around the unused vents. Depends on the tent but some have draw strings. Some zippers also let in light which could lead to stress. Keep an eye out for these things.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies