Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
4KW Basement Hydro: God Bud & Purple Urkel
    #691644 - 11/03/13 06:36 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

So, here we go guys! I've got a smaller space than last time, but I should be able to make it work for the time being. I think we will end up moving to a new space eventually. This just isn't big enough, and wouldn't be worth the work it would take to expand into the other half of the basement.

We have a 6'x10 space for the flower room. It's in the back end of the unfinished half-basement. The other half of the basement is full of rubble and dirt. It would take a massive amout of work (including extending the existing foundation in 4' sections. I'm just not sure this place is worth that much effort. We are renting, and I'm not sure how much incentive the landlord would have to let us do that anyways. Lol

We will be using my Titan Flo-N-Grow hydro system for the flower room. Our mothers are currently in soil, but those are the only soil plants we'll have. Lol. I just can't stand soil. I'm too OCD about my grow for that. Haha. Our nutrient line will be the Techniflora Recipe for success. I had plenty of success with it in my previous grows, so I will continue to use it until I get adept at mixing my own nutrients by hand.

I've got four air-cooled hoods I'll be using. These will be exhausted using outside air. I'm not sure if we will be going with a sealed room or not. We have a co2 tank and regulator, but no controller or co2 sensor. I'm not sure if I want to be running co2 if I can't tell exactly how much is in the room to begin with...

I'm probably going to try out my DIY air-handler and water chiller system. I've got a chest freezer that I'm going to seal up the inside of with caulk. Then I'll add anti-freeze and water, and a pump. I'll put a return and intake hose through the lid. Then I have a small radiator I'll be using inside the freezer and an air handler from the inside of a walk-in-cooler that has had it's freon drained. I'll mount that inside the room and I'm hoping that will provide enough cooling I won't have to use an AC system at all!

Anyways, that's about it. I'll try and get some pictures posted, but I only have my phone these days, and it won't let me upload to growery for some reason. Maybe I'll get down to the library and upload them there...

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 4KW Basement Hydro: God Bud & Purple Urkel [Re: Tank333]
    #691683 - 11/03/13 08:12 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck with the new space and getting everything up and running. :smile:

--------------------
my current grow- GrapeGod
my Last grow-2nd round Brainstorm

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: 4KW Basement Hydro: God Bud & Purple Urkel [Re: WildBud420]
    #691697 - 11/03/13 09:57 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks. I'll need it. I got half the dividing wall put up. We decided to go with panda film rather than plywood and paint. I'll put up studs every 18 inches in case anyone falls into the wall it won't go anywhere and they won't break through. I'm hoping to have this entire thing finished by the end of this week. The clones should be ready to be cut by then, too.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #691726 - 11/04/13 10:18 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Nice to see things falling into place for you. Can't wait to see the space you're workin with :thumbup:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: 4KW Basement Hydro: God Bud & Purple Urkel [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #691798 - 11/04/13 06:36 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Nice to see things falling into place for you. Can't wait to see the space you're workin with :thumbup:

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I got a lot of work done today. We got the wall framed out, covered the ceiling and floor with 6mil clear plastic and covered the walls with panda film.

Tomorrow I'm helping my dad with the commercial kitchen we are building, but on Wednesday we will be putting in the ventilation hoses, hanging the lights, and running wiring for the 120 and 240 volt lines.

So, I took a few pictures today while we were working, but they were with my buddy's phone. I'll have to have him email them to me so I can upload em on here and post em for people to see. It's looking really slick in there. I'm pretty stoked about it!

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleP-O

#692251 - 11/06/13 11:30 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

nice choice of strains... god bud is really popular around here

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: 4KW Basement Hydro: God Bud & Purple Urkel [Re: P-O]
    #692430 - 11/07/13 10:02 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
nice choice of strains... god bud is really popular around here

Thanks PO! I'm not sure if the Urkel will do well though. They didn't react well to the trip down from Seattle.

Had some decent success this morning! Pulled apart the air handler and cleaned it out. It was pretty nasty inside. Lol. Then I wired up the power cord for the fan, and it worked just fine! A little loud (louder than my 10" maxx fan!), but eh? What can ya do? Lol. I'm not sure if I can put a fan-speed controller on the thing...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#693314 - 11/12/13 12:14 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Man, I hate updating without pictures, but my stupid phone won't let me upload to the site! :crankey:

Well, this week has been pretty busy. Thank goodness the room doesn't need to be ready for another week or so! Lol. Got a BUNCH of work done in the room over the past few days.

I got the electrical wiring all set up. 30 amps of 240 for my four lights, and a 15 amp 120 line for the fans.

I've got the chest freezer in the unfinished half of the basement, filled with water to test for leaks. The freezer is also plugged into a completely separate breaker so I don't have to worry about the 5 amp draw on my 120 circuit for the fans. That's over 40% of the available amps for that breaker!

Got the lights hung and all the ventilation attached to them set up. Just need to hang the 10" fan for the hoods and the 6" fan for FAE (with my MASSIVE charcoal filter attached). And run ducting for those, too. Lol.

Once those are done, all that remains will be to hang the air handler and connect it to the freezer for testing. I'm REALLY hoping this DIY set up will work well for my space. I have a feeling its gonna be WAY overkill for as small a space as I have, but I should be able to control the temps pretty well with my temperature controller in the room and maybe a submersible temperature controller for the freezer, too.

After tomorrow the room SHOULD be ready to run! I'll be setting it up with the flood system, lights and cooling system and running them all for a few days before actually putting clones inside to veg. We'll be taking clones tomorrow, so they'll need at least a week to root before putting them under the HID lights. That gives me plenty of time to find the room's kinks and fix em!

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains