Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

Loc: Manitou Springs, Colorado Flag
cant find a job here in the springs ***Update***
    #689697 - 10/18/13 02:04 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I got a mofawkin job today! I work at a record store! w00t w00t. I am staying in Springs. :fuckyeahdance:

--------------------
All who wonder are not lost.

Edited by sattvabodhi (10/24/13 03:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: cant find a job here in the springs [Re: sattvabodhi]
    #689699 - 10/18/13 02:08 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

i live in colorado springs. been lookin for a job for a while. i have an interview at home depot next week. i applied online and went through all that BS. if they wanna hire me i'll have to fake a piss test, but its worth the job.

i know jimmy johns is hiring cause they always post on craigslist, but its minimum wage, ya cant look like a hippy, and you have to cover your tattoos. which is why i said fuck you to jimmy johns.

Edited by CrushNazT (10/18/13 02:09 PM)

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #689701 - 10/18/13 03:35 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sattvabodhi said:
Well actually I have an interview on Saturday and about 6 other apps in but no one has called back. I am hoping this interview pans out on Saturday. I didn't think in a town this size work would be difficult to find. It's quite aggravating.

Anyone else here from colorado springs? Know anyone thats hiring?

Hit up craigslist

Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

Re: cant find a job here in the springs [Re: nannybooboo]
    #689704 - 10/18/13 03:48 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
i live in colorado springs. been lookin for a job for a while. i have an interview at home depot next week. i applied online and went through all that BS. if they wanna hire me i'll have to fake a piss test, but its worth the job.

i know jimmy johns is hiring cause they always post on craigslist, but its minimum wage, ya cant look like a hippy, and you have to cover your tattoos. which is why i said fuck you to jimmy johns.

Well I have locks and a beard. I am gonna shave at some point this weekend. I have combing the area I am in (Old Colorado City almost to Manitou) looking for work. I got an interview at The Underground/Brewers Republic this Saturday. Hopefully that will prove fruitful.

Quote:

nannybooboo said:
Quote:

sattvabodhi said:
Well actually I have an interview on Saturday and about 6 other apps in but no one has called back. I am hoping this interview pans out on Saturday. I didn't think in a town this size work would be difficult to find. It's quite aggravating.

Anyone else here from colorado springs? Know anyone thats hiring?

Hit up craigslist

Been basically spamming my resume to everyone that is hiring and have gotten 1 callback/email back. I went over as far as like 20th looking for work and I am at 34th.

Come Monday I am gonna have a ride to take me around to the whole town since I can get basically anywhere by public transit.

--------------------

Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

#690173 - 10/22/13 08:50 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

So I got a job interview on Wednesday with a record (vinyl) shop that sells vinyl, cd's, tapes, and all the other normal stuff you would find in a vinyl shop. We also sell books though, and I love books, so thats a bonus! I am pretty excited.

I found that this place was hiring quite by accident. I walked in and was looking around and this guy walked up to me and asked if I needed any help. I said nope, I am just out job hunting and saw this cool little place and decided to stop and look around. SO the guy asked what kind of work I was looking for ... and to make a long story short had me fill out an application and wrote on the top give this dude an interview. I didn't think anything about it until I got a call yesterday and the lady said that the guy I spoke with was the regional operations manager. w00t. I kinda feel like I'm pretty in.

Well I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Namaste
SB

--------------------

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#690192 - 10/22/13 12:19 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sattvabodhi said:
So I got a job interview on Wednesday with a record (vinyl) shop that sells vinyl, cd's, tapes, and all the other normal stuff you would find in a vinyl shop. We also sell books though, and I love books, so thats a bonus! I am pretty excited.

I found that this place was hiring quite by accident. I walked in and was looking around and this guy walked up to me and asked if I needed any help. I said nope, I am just out job hunting and saw this cool little place and decided to stop and look around. SO the guy asked what kind of work I was looking for ... and to make a long story short had me fill out an application and wrote on the top give this dude an interview. I didn't think anything about it until I got a call yesterday and the lady said that the guy I spoke with was the regional operations manager. w00t. I kinda feel like I'm pretty in.

Well I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Namaste
SB

:thumbup: good luck!

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

InvisibleP-O

Re: cant find a job here in the springs [Re: UltimateDevotion] * 1
    #690196 - 10/22/13 01:01 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

buy a squeegee

Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

Re: cant find a job here in the springs [Re: P-O]
    #690212 - 10/22/13 03:26 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl:

It's winter silly that would never work.

--------------------

Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

Re: cant find a job here in the springs [Re: sattvabodhi] * 1
    #690455 - 10/24/13 03:34 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Bump for update because I know you all care.

--------------------

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #690467 - 10/24/13 04:25 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

good shit man. i'm still lookin. i had a weird incident happen the other day while waiting to get interviewed at home depot...

i go in and talk to the people at the service desk and tell them im there for an interview. i walk around to this other area in front of the counter and stand there to wait. theres some older dude in his 50s sitting in a chair near me. (customer, not employee) and he's staring right at me. just staring me down. i look over and see his eyes RIGHT ON ME. i mean direct eye contact when i looked over, with a weird look in his eyes. i turn around and played with my phone for a few minutes and turn  around again to look behind me at the counter, and this dudes still staring straight at me. i looked again a minute later and the dude flipped out on me and started yelling, asking why i have a staring problem, saying theres "parks for you gay people" which i thought was strange and didnt understand. then he turns to someone working there and starts asking/talking about me.

it was really fuckin weird. i get eyefucked by some old guy, i notice hes staring at me so he totally flips it around. it threw me off for the fucking job interview. i know i wont get it now.

anyway man, like i said, i live in CO springs too so we should chill sometime and smoke some herb.

Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

Re: cant find a job here in the springs [Re: CrushNazT]
    #690484 - 10/24/13 06:57 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I am always down to smoke some herb. Some dude gave me like 1/2 o of some shake today for free. lol. Thats weird about that guy at home depot. Did it fuck with your interview? Hopefully  not.

--------------------

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #690500 - 10/24/13 09:46 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Congrats on the store gig

Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

Re: cant find a job here in the springs [Re: nannybooboo]
    #690679 - 10/25/13 05:20 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks! I am looking for a place within walking distance and I think I have found one. It has an enormous bedroom and an enormous kitchen/sitting/living room. The bathroom is pretty small but I think it will work.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale