Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedesu
Naturally
Male

can ISO hash be bad for you?
    #686552 - 09/28/13 04:35 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I ended up making some ISO hash with trim,  stalk, the whole shebang. I used 90% and only agitated it for 30-40 seconds. This left me with a greenish liquid. I then strained it through a coffee filter and was left with a more transparent green liquid.

Placed it on top of a pot with boiling water and let it evaporate. I even let it sit out over night just in case. In the morning it was a hard sticky substance that was black when lumped together but somewhat amber and transparent when spread.

So I heated up my nail and took a hit. Didn't taste anything like hash and it sizzled on my nail and let a black spot where it burned. Part of me thinks I can taste chemicals but I'm pretty sure that's in my head.

It leaves a very strong coating feeling in the throat and lungs, which also makes me think chemical but I remember a similar feeling when smoking BHO that tasted and smelled great.

The high is extremely strong but again, it's in my head it's partly from chemicals.

Am I safe to keep smoking this? Just too much unwanted plant mater in it? Any way to be certain?

Peace and pot thanks guys

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: can ISO hash be bad for you? [Re: desu]
    #686561 - 09/28/13 08:59 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

If there are any chemicals in it, chances are they came from the plant material. (Maybe not flushed completely?)
Or the excess waxes, chlorophyll, etc. that the iso extracts are making it taste different.
Or like you said,
Quote:

Just too much unwanted plant mater in it?

Oil made from stems and leaves definitely has a harsher taste and feeling.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

InvisibleP-O

Re: can ISO hash be bad for you? [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #686569 - 09/28/13 10:46 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

iso is harder to evap proper....

heating on low and mixing the shit outta it, a few times is recommended....

if its sizzles at all when u dab u got iso in ur oil

Offlinerexter
Stranger

Re: can ISO hash be bad for you? [Re: P-O]
    #686599 - 09/28/13 05:14 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

ISO hash was something I never rushed nor wanted to because of the ISO. Better safe then sorry when dealing with a plant safer then sugar.

--------------------
Im Rexter from the shrooemery!

:aweyeah:

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: can ISO hash be bad for you? [Re: rexter]
    #687807 - 10/06/13 03:09 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

All of my iso. oil comes out great, and it's made with shit brick weed.

The secret:
Distilled water wash.

Distilled water leaches out any residual fertilzer salts, bonds to isopropyl alcohol and carries any leftover away, as well as washes the waxy, fatty stuff out of the oil, while leaving the actual oil behind unharmed.

After doing your alcohol washes, combine them and evaporate on a double-boiler setup.
Once evaporated, pour just enough room temp. distilled water to cover the bottom of your glass pan/dish where your dried oil is at.
Gently rock the glass pan to swirl the water around over the oil, picking up all of the nasty shit. After about 5 mins solid swirling, let it sit for like 30 seconds to settle down (Or until the water is cool, warm water could possibly dissolve a little bit of oil. Your oil should still be stuck to the pan, no worries of losing any if your water isn't much warmer than room-temp.) then pour off the water.

I did this last night (as well as many times before) and tested the water before and after the two water washes with a PPM meter, twas interesting.

1/4 pint of dH2O:
Before 1st wash: 0-1 PPM
After 1st wash: 115 PPM

1/4 pint of dH2O:
Before 2nd wash: 0-1 PPM
After 2nd wash: 8 PPM

So just two quick distilled water washes and you have cleaner, better tasting, healthier oil. :yesnod:
And my yield was unaffected. :awesome:

Then just pop your glass pan back on the double-boiler to evap the leftover water, scrape, and enjoy.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

InvisibleP-O

Re: can ISO hash be bad for you? [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #687818 - 10/06/13 04:57 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup: interesting

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom