Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechrislesnar
Stranger
Chiller Question
    #685581 - 09/18/13 07:43 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Hi All

Just a quick question regarding chillers.

Currently have a traditional bubbler/dwc setup with a external rez.

Grow room temps are getting a little bit high but water temps concern me more. I am currently in the market for a chiller.

Q1. What i was thinking with my current setup is if i have a pump in the rez pumping to the chiller, then the return tube split into four separate feeds feeding each bucket. Would this kinda be a recirculating system? Would this be the best way to ensure the cold water is distributed to all the buckets or would just having the return into the rez cool all the buckets to a even temp over a hour or two.

Q2. Grow room temps are reaching 33 degrees in this current heat, with the chiller on hand do you think this will be enough to keep the children sweet? Also light aren't air cooled and not really in a position to do so, would a couple oscilating fans do the trick. Currently have small one in the room as the plants are in first week of veg.

Hope I have explained this easily enough.

Edited by chrislesnar (09/18/13 07:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Chiller Question [Re: chrislesnar]
    #685586 - 09/18/13 09:32 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Q1. What i was thinking with my current setup is if i have a pump in the rez pumping to the chiller, then the return tube split into four separate feeds feeding each bucket. Would this kinda be a recirculating system? Would this be the best way to ensure the cold water is distributed to all the buckets or would just having the return into the rez cool all the buckets to a even temp over a hour or two.

I like the first idea but both of those ideas will work. The first idea would be faster so it would end up using less power (not sure how much less) and it's more efficient.

Quote:

Q2. Grow room temps are reaching 33 degrees in this current heat, with the chiller on hand do you think this will be enough to keep the children sweet? Also light aren't air cooled and not really in a position to do so, would a couple oscilating fans do the trick. Currently have small one in the room as the plants are in first week of veg.

The chiller should handle those temps but I'd try and get it down to 27 to 30 degrees.

Depends on how many watts the lights are. Over 400 and with no fan your gonna be cooking soon when it's summer where your at and a osculating fan won't be much help.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Chiller Question [Re: Magash]
    #685598 - 09/18/13 11:26 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

The chiller will maintain the temperature of the water all the time. As long as there is constant water flow between your plants and reservoir and chiller, pumping in and out of the reservoir is enough.

In my setup, my chiller just pumps water in and out of the reservoir. In between floods, I've stuck a meat thermometer into the perlite to see how cool it stayed over the three hour interval a few times and it generally rises only about 1c (from 19c) or so over that time, even with ambient temperatures like 26-27C.

Edited by TomCollins (09/18/13 11:33 AM)

Offlinechrislesnar
Stranger
Re: Chiller Question [Re: TomCollins]
    #685621 - 09/18/13 08:06 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Guys.

Always such great info here. Will go with my initial idea in the hopes it will make it a decent enough recirculating DWC.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom