Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Nervous about my tent...
    #684206 - 09/04/13 11:53 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

So I FINALLY bought myself a tent - 3 x 3 x 6. Its not huge, but I only grow a few plants at a time anyway.

I can't afford a cool tube for it. Probably not until 2-3 weeks into flower anyway. I have a 6 inch fan, it pushes 160 cfm. My room is 54 cf. So thats way more than I need. 400w hps (remote ballast outside the room)

I plan on putting my fan up top, and using the passive intakes on the bottom. I don't mind the temps being a little high, but I can't have the fucker melting down and burning my house. I'm just really paranoid about that because I've heard and seen some horror stories.

I'll try to get a cool tube with a fan ASAP but its going to be a bit. Its an awful time of year for money for me.

Also - bag seed is kinda fun...its like christmas!

Yes, a buddy of mine made this same thread, but he did it in another, less active section so there wasn't a ton of replies. Thanks for looking, and I just want as many opinions as possible, please and thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nervous about my tent... [Re: A To The K]
    #684215 - 09/04/13 02:18 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

What do you mean by options?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#684218 - 09/04/13 02:43 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Provided there's ample vertical space between plants and light, you could get away with an open reflector in a tent like that.

Check out this guys grow. He just has a 1k watt bulb suspended in the air with a big fan blowing at it.

You would have to forego a carbon filter to do this, but I would hook the top exhaust on your tent via a duct to the reflector with the open end behind the bulb holder. You could have the fan inside the tent inline, or pulling it outside. Then maybe get an oscillating fan or maybe even something along the lines of one of those stanley squirrel cage fan and just have either one sit stationary and point up angled towards the bulb.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #684221 - 09/04/13 03:23 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

400 watts isn't going to cause any kind of fire.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Nervous about my tent... [Re: TomCollins]
    #684299 - 09/05/13 08:18 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DonkeyDong69 said:
Provided there's ample vertical space between plants and light, you could get away with an open reflector in a tent like that.

Check out this guys grow. He just has a 1k watt bulb suspended in the air with a big fan blowing at it.

You would have to forego a carbon filter to do this, but I would hook the top exhaust on your tent via a duct to the reflector with the open end behind the bulb holder. You could have the fan inside the tent inline, or pulling it outside. Then maybe get an oscillating fan or maybe even something along the lines of one of those stanley squirrel cage fan and just have either one sit stationary and point up angled towards the bulb.

Thats the exact reflector I have.

And yeah, shit the guy in that thread seems to be doing just fine. I guess I'll get it and throw it together, and if it gets too hot for the plants I'll seal the closet up and leave the door of the tent unzipped until I can afford to cool tube. (I've seen em for like $50, but then I need a 4 inch fan and some ducting too).

And yeah, I know I can't have a filter...I've dealt with it this long, I'll live with it again.

OfflineTomCollins

#684317 - 09/05/13 11:11 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Make sure you have just 1 fan that is pulling hot air trapped at the top of the tent out of the tent. Something like this

would suffice, with a capacity for a room of atleast 280m cubed - I would highly recommend. Otherwise you're trapping too much heat inside the tent.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds