Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFoolOnTheHill

Medical Growing
    #678146 - 07/16/13 02:14 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Hello all! I've been considering moving to a legal state to try and get in on helping people receive their medicine legally, but I literally have not a clue on where to start on research. I've used google to the best of my ability and I haven't really found any information of good use.

From what I can tell, there are at least a few legal growers/providers on here. I would be extremely grateful for anyone's help on where to get started with things such as acquiring a license and such.

Even a website/forum specifically for medical growers would be awesome.

Thanks!

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: Anything posted by FoolOnTheHill is a complete work of fiction. All pictures, experiences and text are conjured elsewhere

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Medical Growing [Re: FoolOnTheHill]
    #678177 - 07/16/13 09:35 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Move to a med state and open a phone book and go see a doctor. Sounds simple but that's all there is to it. Then start growing. Then it's a matter of if you grew good enough to sell it to the clubs. I make my living selling to the clubs and that is pretty much all there is to it.

The whole getting the license thing takes less the 10 minutes once your at the doctor. Nobody in my state (California) has been turned down. I know a guy (and this isn't a joke) who got his cause he hurt his finger back in 1987.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: Medical Growing [Re: Magash]
    #678195 - 07/16/13 01:00 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Wow I really need to move out to California or Colorado and enjoy the legal side of things.  Where I am now I have to grow and keep my medicinal garden just to myself if I am wanting to have any dank buds to smoke for free.  Finding it off the streets is ridiculous here, the prices are 100 for a quarter and if you smoke a quarter a week, it really starts to add up fast.  The whole reason I started growing was to save money and also produce my own dang nuggets to make hash or whatever I choose with it.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #678224 - 07/16/13 03:15 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Different states have different growing and possession laws. California has no plant limit (actually 99 last i checked) but you have to justify it with your condition if you grow that many. Washington is pretty chilled with 24oz's and up to 15 plants, etc.  Once you get certified you'll be able to start growing.

Washington and Colorado just legalized possession for adults, so the laws will be changing drastically in the next few years. No registry in Washington, but the new non-medical growers will be regulated; but its still in the works, details due by the end of the year.

this will give you a good bunch of state info: http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

you could also try...
https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=medical+marijuana+laws+by+state

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineFoolOnTheHill

Re: Medical Growing [Re: phychotron]
    #678378 - 07/17/13 05:45 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks everyone!

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: Anything posted by FoolOnTheHill is a complete work of fiction. All pictures, experiences and text are conjured elsewhere

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #678512 - 07/17/13 10:29 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

If it were me and I had funding I'd be in Tacoma as we speak.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Medical Growing [Re: GreenHorns]
    #678521 - 07/18/13 12:51 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You know what is funny is that it's fully legal there yet the laws are still harsher then in Cali on a lot of things. Co is where you want if you want full legality.

Growing for example
Washington: Cultivation
Any amount felony 5 years $ 10,000

California: Cultivation
Any amount felony 16 mos - 3 years $ 0

Washington
With intent to distribute

California
With Intent to Distribute
Any amount felony 16 mos - 3 years $ 0

Washington
Sale or Distribution
To a minor at least 3 years younger felony 10 years $ 10,000
Within 1000 ft of a school, school bus stop or in a public park, in a public housing project designated as a drug-free zone, in public transportation, and other locations is punishable by double fines and imprisonment.

California
Any amount felony 2 - 4 years $ 0
Gift of 28.5 grams or less misdemeanor N/A $ 100
Over 18 years to an individual 14-17 years felony 3 - 7 years $ 0

Anything under 40 grams then Washington is better then Cali once you cross that 40 gram limit they don't fuck around.

Washington
More than 40 g felony 5 years $ 10,000

For what I do for a living I'll stick to Cali

Colorado has better law then Cali now but Washington is what I call phoney legal.

http://norml.org/laws

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: Medical Growing [Re: Magash]
    #678539 - 07/18/13 06:01 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

So what's all the bullshit I hear about co and WA being legal states? More technicalities and legal loop holes like the card in other "legal" states?

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: Medical Growing [Re: GreenHorns]
    #678649 - 07/18/13 09:55 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

@Magesh, have you been fortunate enough to not have any run ins recently? What do think about the way recs are given? I'm curious as to other people's views. On their views. I'm assuming you keep it legit.  It's crazy how it varies from dr to dr, or office to office. Money, price, rate of people going thru. I worked for a delivery dispensary, I think the med industry is pretty goofy. I worked at a Dr office. If they saw less  than 3 patients an hr the LA office would call and have them speed up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies