Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNBNE
Stranger
What would you expect from this hybrid?
    #677952 - 07/14/13 01:04 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I know scant little about how genetics work, and I'm wondering if you could shed some light or even guesses about how the offspring of the following hybrid would likely turn out:

C99 x Sweet Tooth

If you look at the effects profile for each parent in this cross on Leafly:

http://www.leafly.com/hybrid/cinderella-99
http://www.leafly.com/hybrid/sweet-tooth

You see that they both have the same top three in the same order:

1. Euphoric
2. Uplifted
3. Happy

And they also both have the same #5 most voted effect:

5. Creative

In terms of their top 5 crowdsourced effects, they only differ on the fourth:

C99 has:  4. Energetic

Sweet Tooth has:  4. Lazy

So exact opposites.  My question is, in terms of genetics, is the effect of whether you feel lazy or energized a result of a single gene, or multiple ones?  If it's a single gene, then it would be easy: some plants would make you lazy, and others would make you energetic, simple as that.  If it's multiple ones, then what would happen in the offspring?  Would it be a range of both feeling lazy and energized at the same time, with each offspring plant having a different ratio within that range?  I don't even know how it could be possible to simultaneously feel energized and lazy.  I'm pretty sure that C99 is physically energetic, not just mentally, so I don't think that the hybrid would have you lazily on the couch while "energized" only mentally.  C99 could replace coffee, if what I've read is true.

:hi:

Edited by NBNE (07/14/13 03:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What would you expect from this hybrid? [Re: NBNE]
    #677963 - 07/14/13 03:26 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not gonna get into the genetics thing cause I'll be typing all day long.

Now as far as the hybrid goes look at it like its people.

You have one black parent and one white. They have say 20 kids. Some will be like mom and look fully black. Some will look like mom and be fully white. Now it's the rest that are gonna be in-between with qualities of both. What you have to do is start a bunch of those seeds and find the plant that has the right mix of both parents to meet your needs.

Yeah I know that sounds easy but when finding the right male plant it's a full on pain in the ass. Remember you're never get what you want if you don't pick both parents carefully. (That is if you plan to do any breeding)

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: What would you expect from this hybrid? [Re: Magash]
    #678656 - 07/18/13 10:16 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

And as you read more and more write ups on strains you'll see its very convoluted. They are all good for depression, and insomnia and pain according to everywhere. Best bet is smoking lots of weed and figuring out what your head and mouth likes best.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: What would you expect from this hybrid? [Re: GreenHorns]
    #680464 - 08/04/13 10:22 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You'd need to make a pundit square taking in all gneo/pheno types then take the 12 hours to multiply them then do the math to see how many different varieties they make and then decide what looks best on paper, since u said u don't know much about genetics I doubt that you'll be able to accomplish this so, grow out every seed what looks poopy kill male or female good lookin suckers keep, if breeding more save best balls pollen.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies