Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
What type do seeds would these be considered?
    #677411 - 07/08/13 03:43 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I'm very curious as of lat, about seeds, specifically the 2 that sprouted my seedlings. First off the seed came from a big bag of cannabis, only in the ratio of a seed per 3/4 pound?  It's July and they were all collected from the same plant total of 3seeds in about 1lb or more, or in 8 months of constant donations of $50-$100. I know where the seed came from, it came from my outdoor crops mother that was ultimately killed by flowering, and that the low concentration of seeds says to me self-pollinated. Is this true! Are self pollinated seeds feminized? Also the Gro much more impressively indoors as opposed to outdoors, Why is that so? Because its mostly in the prime temp 24hrs a day n little light heat? Any feed back is cool! I ave a journal that is documenting my 1st Indoor Hempy Grow, The CFL fixture is DIY holds 12 bulbs and looks very cool. Recycled old large light cover,, perfect size and shape for reflector. Also cloned my 1st time and had 66% success rate which still has me extatic!          [url=https://files.growery.org/files/g13-28/329007011-image.jpg][/url]
Thanks Sam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What type do seeds would these be considered? [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #677463 - 07/09/13 05:29 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

and that the low concentration of seeds says to me self-pollinated. Is this true! Are self pollinated seeds feminized?

You are pretty much right on the money. In most cases they will be female but they can also be hermie. The more male flowers you manage to see on the plant the seed came from the better the chances are that it is hermie.

With the number of seeds you mention per pound I'd be willing to bet you have female seeds there. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What type do seeds would these be considered? (moved) [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #677465 - 07/09/13 05:31 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

This thread was moved from Hydroponic & Agroponics.

Reason:
Stop putting post that have nothing to do with hydroponics in the hydro forum.

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: What type do seeds would these be considered? [Re: Magash]
    #677535 - 07/10/13 12:25 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Nice, that's what I figured. I deff know the greater chances to Herm, but in a way a lil Herm won't hurt I can finish it as desired outside, for seed. If any, what can I do to influence strictly females tendencies? Buy it Jewelery? Take it shopping? Lol but honestly, I'm trying my best to keep it in a happy mood, I have 2 since the last pics they've grown like they are F1 or they just grow like this indoor? Any input? What's your opinion of seeds in vs out? I'm on the in to win. These blow all my outs seeds away! I don't know if its genetics or what, but not only is the growth much larger tighter, and all around more vigorous, they are getting to these sizes super fast. Outdoors took for ever and all those seeds came from an old school hippy breeder grower extrodi are BA in plant science, was at one time a CA State Master Gerdener multiple years, and had the most beautiful, robust ladies ever, he bred and gave me a large amount of all he had(best buds dad). He would kill me in the outdoor seed game so I went to Clones, or trade ol man a polyploid for a sexed female(he did love polys, and I did get a lot from his seed brood, so did he) These seeds however are ridiculously awesome! I know the genetics, the 1st mother to the op was a Harborside Collective  GDP (Gand Daddy Purps) the og GDP not the fakes yes Kens creation, any ways the seeds came from a clone of that GDP that was grown outdoors to flower, clones taken before however, and my clones are from those, but the seeds came from the original clone was a big girl, very little seeds like I said, I'd be lucky to find one every 4-6 ounces. Anyways I want the to go fem all the way would love any advice to sway em, this is my first indoor grow, Seedlings in deep homemade Hempy bottles  DrEarth soilless medium mix, started in peat pellets tap water, as of yesterday day 1/8 strength DrEarth Gro 7-2-2 organic with preboitics, medium also has Mycorrhizae and seaweed, in 2'x2' closet with 4 GDP clones, CFL grow running 12 26 watt 5500 1600L CFLs relative temp is 72f-84f humidity is very low, no idea what oh is, medium mix has dolomite, nd I used a tsp Vinegar per gallon of fert, no issues just goin female for seedlings.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds