Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Does anyone know how gold pot happens?
    #676708 - 07/01/13 05:56 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I've seen it a few times.  I saw the Acapulco Gold in High Times and it wasn't gold.  Does anyone know the curing method to make gold pot?  I've had tons of the brown.  It tastes like ammonia.  The gold doesn't have any foul smell or taste, but the chlorophyll is entirely gone!
Thanks,
peace.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does anyone know how gold pot happens? [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #676711 - 07/01/13 06:33 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Sun dried in piles and mixed up often so it won't mold. Re wet and dry again. Sometimes it will take a few extra times. Lots of Thai weed use to come like this also.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Re: Does anyone know how gold pot happens? [Re: Magash]
    #676713 - 07/01/13 06:40 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

thanks.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

InvisibleP-O

Re: Does anyone know how gold pot happens? [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #676737 - 07/01/13 08:38 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

:cool:  COOL!

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #676895 - 07/02/13 07:31 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Sun dried in piles and mixed up often so it won't mold. Re wet and dry again. Sometimes it will take a few extra times. Lots of Thai weed use to come like this also.

you know how they prepared Thai sticks of yore?

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does anyone know how gold pot happens? [Re: GreenHorns]
    #676908 - 07/02/13 08:32 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Same drying process. Then it's pressed around a piece of a bamboo stick. Them wrapped with a thin piece of twine made from bamboo. Then they are sprayed with coca-cola. That kept the bricks together and there is a type of Thai weed called chocolate  Thai. The smell was most often caused by the coca cola.

Looks like dirt weed but was actually pretty good.

But the best Thai looks like this

If you don't have a lot of experience growing then this is not the strain to try.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#676927 - 07/02/13 11:46 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I would have never guessed coke! How does it not cause rot? I've heard of choc Thai but have never been fortunate enough to try anything close to the real deal. Had chocolope from DNA which I love when you get it grown well. I do plan on growing it when I order Dutch seeds next.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676955 - 07/03/13 08:34 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
I would have never guessed coke! How does it not cause rot? I've heard of choc Thai but have never been fortunate enough to try anything close to the real deal. Had chocolope from DNA which I love when you get it grown well. I do plan on growing it when I order Dutch seeds next.

You have to remember it's not soaked in coke. Very lightly sprayed on the outside so lightly from the film I saw of them doing it that it had to be dry in a few minutes.

I like chocolope also but I'm more into the pure Thai. One of my favorite strains and I've had a mother of it since the 90's. The thing about her is she is a fucking bitch to grow.

Now like I said I do like the chocolope but I don't think there is much Thai in it.
Quote:

We chose to cross our Original Chocolate Thai female with the Cannalope male, and then started backcrossing this to achieve a shorter flower time and still retain some of the Original Chocolate Thai

Backcrossing to what? How are you keeping the Thai qualities in it? They can't be backcrossing to a Thai plant and keep flowering times down. You sure as hell can't garentee those qualities in the seeds unless you tell people to grow out a hundred seeds and find one that has those qualities in it.

:happyweed:

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#676956 - 07/03/13 09:37 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmm interesting. I don't know too much about breeding but it is discouraging to think when I end up buying chocolope there's a chance it won't be what I remember.
What do you mean when you say choc thai a bitch to grow? Wonder what kind of donation a cut of that Thai would need to be.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676962 - 07/03/13 10:46 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Now I hate to bust bubbles but yeah you have to be ready for it to be different from what you remember. In fact with the way they do it and most others to be truthful you have to be ready for the buds to be different from plant to plant even though they came from the same pack of seeds.

I could do the long version but it's boring.

Next question
Thai is a fussy little bitch that will turn hermie at the drop of a hat. No stress in her life or she'll make ya pay. Then it's the flowering which is a bitch also. Thai the real thing takes at least 13 weeks to flower and then it won't mature all at once. Some buds at the top of the plant mature some at the bottom and so on over a period of time. There is no "today is harvest day" and pulling the whole plant with Thai. Thai is the reason DJ Shorts Blueberry has a high hermie rate.
Thai also has a awesome high. The reason many put up with Blueberry and the many fussy traits of the Thai plant.

:wexican:

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#676964 - 07/03/13 11:11 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm very interesting. I've never known what exactly makes a plant easy or hard to grow other than pest resistance. A quality I'm learning a lot about in the new house. I need to try some of these curing methods.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#676970 - 07/03/13 11:26 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I could do the long version but it's boring.

:wexican:

I'd hate to hijack the thread away from gold weed and curing to biology but I'm down to learn if your down to teach.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does anyone know how gold pot happens? *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: GreenHorns]
    #676976 - 07/03/13 11:35 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

What most breeders do is just cross one strain with another. Then when they describe what the strain is like they describe the best qualities of the parent plants. Well it don't work like that they are like us. When you have two parents one being black and one being white you get some white kids, some black and a bunch of kids with traits from both parents.
Plants are the same way.

Cross a tall sativa with short indica and you get some short plants, some tall and a bunch in-between. In a way they are not lying their just leaving out the fact that you're going to have to fish threw 200 plants to find exactly what they described.

--------------------

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Re: Does anyone know how gold pot happens? *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Magash]
    #677083 - 07/04/13 07:57 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

We used to get sacks of Chocolate Thai in Los Angeles in the late 80s and early 90s.  We figured it was Mex.  It was as good as the standard sack of indica.
I used to get Blueberry off the Dead Kids.  That was some of my favorite pot.  The Dead Kids liked it too.  The buds were fluffy and not dense, and the high was incredible.  That was 96ish.
I once got some gold indica here is Washington state about 12 years ago.  It's strange that anyone would cure domestic pot in such a manner.  Maybe they were bored and wanted to have a good time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order