Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAtolas
Stranger
Almost there.
    #673569 - 06/04/13 12:38 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, one of my last questions...
I am very concerned with the heat and the quality. I really want to get a 400W hps/mh system but im thinking that is way too much heat. Im planing on growing in a small closet room that is 3'x'3x6'...Would i be good if i put in a shit ton of pc fans?
But my other choice would be a 250W system, but now im concerned for the quality. Will the buds be medical grade? Or are the 250's for mid growing?
Thank you for the replies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Almost there. [Re: Atolas]
    #673573 - 06/04/13 10:03 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

It's not a matter of quality, it's a matter of yield.  Less light is going to be less bud.

Why do a ton of PC fans, when you could get just one inline fan?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Almost there. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #673616 - 06/05/13 07:24 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Having a 400w light and cooling it adequately in small spaces is very doable - I managed to squeeze a cooltube and an inline fan into a 50x50x90cm tent (that's considerably smaller than the space you're considering.

PC fans probably won't work because cooling the light is not so much a matter of blowing air onto the bulb as it is pulling hot air out of your grow space. The PC fans would work great for keeping the airflow around your plants in flux.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: Almost there. [Re: TomCollins]
    #673957 - 06/09/13 04:47 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I learned the hard way that you might as well consider a can fan and air conditioner into the budget if you want to go hps. Hawks right quality comes from how you take care of them quantity is all the light does.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Edited by GreenHorns (06/23/13 06:03 AM)

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Almost there. [Re: GreenHorns]
    #675652 - 06/22/13 10:06 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Would the same heating issues apply to a tent? I have a tent on its way, and its the exact same size. Also, where is the carbon scrubber? Outside the room? Sorry about hijacking your thread. Also do PC fans really cut down that much on heat? Wouldn't a small clip on oscilating fan work better or would it not make that much of a difference?

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Re: Almost there. [Re: TribalSeed]
    #675673 - 06/23/13 12:06 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I have a 4x4x7 tent with 1000 watts of hps. With zero cooling and tent closed with vents cracked the tent gets to 102f. With air circulation inside and a 430cfm can fan cooling lamp I get about 94f with tent closed. With central ac set to 78f and tent cracked open with all said FAE included I'm averaging 81f. That is way too much light for that space so consider that a worse case scenario in regards to heating. With a recharge kit in my window ac to get ambient temp in grow room down to 70f I think I can average 76f in tent with full FAE and tent closed.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#675682 - 06/23/13 12:29 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
I have a 4x4x7 tent with 1000 watts of hps. With zero cooling and tent closed with vents cracked the tent gets to 102f. With air circulation inside and a 430cfm can fan cooling lamp I get about 94f with tent closed. With central ac set to 78f and tent cracked open with all said FAE included I'm averaging 81f. That is way too much light for that space so consider that a worse case scenario in regards to heating. With a recharge kit in my window ac to get ambient temp in grow room down to 70f I think I can average 76f in tent with full FAE and tent closed.

Thank you for the reply.
Could the same be said for an air-cooled 600 watt lamp? Also after reading this thread would considering adding a can fan (vortex-like) and sucking in more air to the tent when its all setup be a bad idea? Another question is, how would you control odor? Would you want to put the carbon scrubber on the ducting hooked up to the light or what? Sorry I am just abit confused. Heat seems to be more of an obstacle than I originally planned on in my setup. Thanks to Atolas for starting this thread and saving me a huge pain in the ass later on!

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#675714 - 06/23/13 06:02 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Your filter goes in at the end of the exhaust system for your light. I would advise the can fan to duct the lamp another good size air mover pointing straight up inside to move air in tent and another fan pulling fresh air into tent. As long as your plants aren't being thrown around or getting wind burn you can never have enough air circulation.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#675750 - 06/23/13 02:38 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
Your filter goes in at the end of the exhaust system for your light. I would advise the can fan to duct the lamp another good size air mover pointing straight up inside to move air in tent and another fan pulling fresh air into tent. As long as your plants aren't being thrown around or getting wind burn you can never have enough air circulation.

You're a good dude GreenHorns! Not only are you a Type O fan but you share valuable info with dumbasses like me.lol. So the light exhaust sucks air from inside the tent and moves it outside through the filter, right? Then set a fan up inside the tent (stand alone fan or a can fan?) in front of the side vents to suck fresh air inside the tent and then just a fan inside the tent pointing upwards to blow the stale air up towards the light exhaust? I think I got it, I just wanted to type it out that way if I got it backwards you could correct me.
Thanks again man!

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#675825 - 06/23/13 06:37 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

No worries I still ask questions on here. Soon you'll be answering questions its what its all about. Yeah the can fan is sucking outside air past the bulb and out the tent. Yeah plenty of moving air is a good idea especially with small areas like ours.  Fuck yeah Type O. It took me a while to finally accept that Peter Steele actually died this time :frown:

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#675829 - 06/23/13 07:00 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

He died in an April and I didn't believe it until October. I actually believed it was another joke like back in 05, but for some reason I was to afraid to actually check.
I'm glad I finally got the air circulation thing down. I was going to go with some autoflowers for the first tent grow however it seems like a waste, seems to be more productive to just grow photoperiods and do clones.

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#675833 - 06/23/13 07:09 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Never touched auto and I don't think I will. Can even just get clones from local growers till you get the swing of things before keeping multiple generations happening. That's how I started at least.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#675840 - 06/23/13 07:59 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
Never touched auto and I don't think I will. Can even just get clones from local growers till you get the swing of things before keeping multiple generations happening. That's how I started at least.

Don't know any local growers.lol try to stay as secret as possible.

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#675841 - 06/23/13 08:31 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

They work with dispensaries, budtrader.com, and I've even made many successful deals on Craigslist. They're out there.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#675871 - 06/24/13 12:08 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
They work with dispensaries, budtrader.com, and I've even made many successful deals on Craigslist. They're out there.

Craigslist?!? really? damn. No dispensaries around here.lol. I will check out budtrader though. Sounds awesome. Thanks dude.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom