Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
'Marijuana Moms' Say Smoking Weed Makes Them Better Parents
    #675443 - 06/21/13 01:03 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FxrI31Vait8

Quote:

There's a buzz happening in Beverly Hills over a group of women who call themselves the "Marijuana Moms."

Many of the members of this loosely-knit group of pot-smoking parents smoke the wacky weed in order to relax or cope with chronic pain. In addition, they meet regularly for lavish dinners where the herb is a key ingredient in dishes like cannabis leaf salad, chicken fried in cannabis oil and marijuana milk shakes, Orange News UK reported.

Cheryl Shuman, a 53-year-old mother of two, said the group's joint mission is to show that smoking marijuana makes them better parents and better wives.

"We've all come up against people who say marijuana is for dirty druggies, but we are proof you can be good parents and productive members of society and use it," Shuman said, according to the Daily Mail. "I like to think we are bringing some glamor and exclusivity to marijuana use."

One of of the marijuana moms, January Thomas, 37, not only tokes up to five times a day while she looks after her daughter, 2-year-old Zenna, but she reads her child books with titles like "Mommy's Funny Medicine," and "It's Just A Plant."

"Marijuana makes me a better and more creative parent," Thomas said in a video for Barcroft TV. "It puts me in the moment with Zeena and stops me worrying about everyday problems."

Another one of these "Really Stoned Housewives of Beverly Hills" credits ganja with saving her marriage to her husband of 14 years -- who happens to be a cop.

Simmi Dhillon, 40, sustained serious injuries in a 2003 car accident that left her with chronic pain and a reliance on prescription painkillers, but said the giggle weed saved her.

"When I found medical marijuana my life turned around," she told HuffPost UK. "I was 37 and I tried a joint my friend was smoking [and] for the first time in years I felt human. I was able to be the wife I wanted to be once again and it saved our marriage.

"Now I can talk to my 10-year-old son about drugs and be completely honest about it. Before I was like a zombie on prescription medication -- now he's got his mom back."

Marijuana is illegal in California without a prescription, but even with one, parents who partake get negatively judged by others. Diane Fornbacher of the pot-legalization group NORML says this judgment is unfair.

“Marijuana parents aren’t perfect, but they’re far less imperfect than parents who use alcohol irresponsibly," she said during a 2012 interview.

:awehigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineitsaconspiracy
governments worst nightmare
Male

Loc: florida Flag
Re: 'Marijuana Moms' Say Smoking Weed Makes Them Better Parents [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #675486 - 06/21/13 03:58 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

:asianofapproval:  parents and there kids bonding over weed a beautiful sight:awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: 'Marijuana Moms' Say Smoking Weed Makes Them Better Parents [Re: itsaconspiracy] * 1
    #675747 - 06/23/13 02:23 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I totally agree with this. I would never want my children to smoke weed before they turn 18 at least, unless a medical issue happens to rear its ugly head. However marijuana has given me much more patience as a parent ( and I have 3 kids, I need patience.lol) and I have noticed with my 5 year old that I am able to connect with his imagination a lot more. As an adult I think we lose the imagination we once had as children and this could possibly create a gap during playtime with children. I love my kids and don't smoke around them, but they can't tell the difference when daddy has spent time in his happy room and when he hasn't.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale