Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

the non-botanical difficulty of growing
    #67440 - 06/27/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so i'm a caregiver for my friend who is a medical patient.  he can't grow because he doesnt know how, and there's small children in his house.  so now we are trying to do it at my place.  first i adopted a nearly dead seedling from another friend.  it doesnt seem to be doing much after a week of being in improved conditions.  and then i got 8 bag seeds from my sister.  they have been in germinating conditions (some rockwool, some in a paper towel, both places with pH 6 water) and havent even cracked open after 5 days.  then yesterday we drove up to long beach (we live in orange county) to get clones from the clinic, but every single place required the ORIGINAL doctor's rec, not a copy of it (not even with drivers' license in hand and preverified with doctor over the phone).  he lost his original and only has copies, which has been fine with the orange county clinics.

the price of medical is so absolutely ridiculous ($70 for an 8th???), the price of seeds is insane ($165 for 10 seeds?!), bagseed we can find wont germinate (i got some to germ a long time ago, but not now), the only clinics that have clones are an hour away and only let you in with the original recommendation sheet on your person, and its super expensive to get another original rec from the doctor.

UGGHHHHHHHH

i really wish i knew someone who grew so we could just get some cuttings to root up or a handful of seeds that will actually germinate.  why can't life be easier?  :'(

/rant

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: the non-botanical difficulty of growing [Re: yellownotepad]
    #67445 - 06/27/08 12:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i would have just tried to use the paper towel method with ALL the seeds

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: the non-botanical difficulty of growing [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #67450 - 06/27/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i put half of them in rockwool after 2 days of them not even cracking, on recommendation of the guy at the hydro store i go to.  doesnt seem to have made a difference either way, nothing is happening with any of the seeds.

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
    #67455 - 06/27/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i'm assuming you know the right color/characteristics of the seeds in order to germinate, right?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#67459 - 06/27/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i've got a general idea, these looked about right albeit a bit smaller than seeds i have gotten to germinate in the past. 

anyone got an idea of what i should do to get a crop going?

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#67460 - 06/27/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've never used the paper towel method and have always gotten 95% + germination. :shrug:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#67462 - 06/27/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

my question isnt about how to get my seeds to germinate right, i know how to do that, i've done it 2 or 3 times successfully before with 100% germination rate.  my question is what route is my best bet to pursue when money is a factor - seeds from a bag, seeds from the internet, cuttings/clones from someone, cuttings/clones from a clinic, etc.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#67466 - 06/27/08 12:26 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
my question isnt about how to get my seeds to germinate right, i know how to do that, i've done it 2 or 3 times successfully before with 100% germination rate.  my question is what route is my best bet to pursue when money is a factor - seeds from a bag, seeds from the internet, cuttings/clones from someone, cuttings/clones from a clinic, etc.

oh well you can get good genetics for decent prices from online seeds banks.  I would recommend getting a 5 pack then cloning from there.  The genetics are worth it in the long run.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Re: the non-botanical difficulty of growing [Re: THEBats]
    #67469 - 06/27/08 12:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i thought online seed banks don't ship to U.S. though....

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#67470 - 06/27/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

don't know where you heard that.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
    #67472 - 06/27/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

damn lol

look at dopeseeds.com or cannabis-seeds.com or seedbotique.com

one of those should sell k.c. brains seeds to the u.s.

they have some of the most bad ass genetics and the prices are usually ony $15-$20

or you could check out nirvana-shop.com

their prices are between $25-$45, but they have famous strains like hindu kush and master kush and white widow

you can get way more seeds

expensive as they are it's still a better bet

sorry to hear about the pain in the ass smoking laws, i understand, they effect me as well:nonono:

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: the non-botanical difficulty of growing [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #67473 - 06/27/08 12:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i don't see the problem with going back to the original doctor and asking for another script

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
    #67474 - 06/27/08 12:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
don't know where you heard that.

i guess i've been going to the WRONG sites then.  :rofl:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#67477 - 06/27/08 12:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I too second nirvana genetics for people not looking to spend a lot of cash or if it's your first grow.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: the non-botanical difficulty of growing [Re: Yrat]
    #67479 - 06/27/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
i don't see the problem with going back to the original doctor and asking for another script

doctor charges like 80 bucks to get a new original copy.  its annoying and we couldnt do it yesterday when we had already blew a lot of gas money and time.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#67483 - 06/27/08 12:58 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

well that's a ripoff

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblecoda

Re: the non-botanical difficulty of growing [Re: Yrat]
    #67496 - 06/27/08 01:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

doctor charges like 80 bucks to get a new original copy.

that's fucking insane.  You need to switch fucking doctors, they shouldn't charge you shit to write something down on a prescription pad.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleJollyGreenJRayV
Mister
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North America
Re: the non-botanical difficulty of growing [Re: coda]
    #67497 - 06/27/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

how often do you have to get scripts?

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Re: the non-botanical difficulty of growing [Re: JollyGreenJRayV]
    #67508 - 06/27/08 01:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

perscription runs out every year.  until you renew it

InvisibleJollyGreenJRayV
Mister
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North America
    #67517 - 06/27/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm moving to Chico in a year or so. Anybody around there?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale