Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStriker
Stranger

Loc: IN a loony bin!!!
does anyone else think this is K deficient
    #668478 - 04/30/13 05:17 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

So these babys were turining really yellow a couple days ago so i added a bunch of nutes to them and they turned nice and green again but now a few of the leaves are turning yellow around the edges and the tips are browning to a crisp just on the tips though theyre in the middle of week 6 of flowering and next week im starting the flush before the chop....just wondering if this looks like K deficiency to anyone else. And is there anything elsi that i can do over the next week or 2 to get thesew babys to plump up im not gonna get that much out of them as it stands....i just dont understand how people get like a pound out of one plant im a newb so i suppose i will get better with time bu...i dunno just a little depressed cuz of my yeild

--------------------
Everything posted by me is hypothetical and should be treated as such, I do not condone the illegal cultivation or use of cannabis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: does anyone else think this is K deficient [Re: Striker]
    #668483 - 04/30/13 05:56 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, we already told you what you need to do. 

You need to change the water EVERY 3-5 days.  You need to get a PPM meter, a pH meter.  Hydroponics takes some investment.  You also need to get appropriate nutrients for it.  I don't know what else to tell you.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineStriker
Stranger

Re: does anyone else think this is K deficient [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #668507 - 04/30/13 08:07 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Bro..i am just trying to get a response based on the picture...i know what you said i should do and i really do appreciate your input but you have responded to every one of my posts and you know the deal already..i guess im just trying to see if anyone else thinks im K defecient  you still havent answered that question...i know you have a lot of experience and i really do hear wha youre saying and have even taken notes!!  but it doesnt help me to shoot me down like this    Tell me if you think im right...maybe answer the question as to how people get a whole pound out of a hydro scrog setup for example...I dunno i put this post on all three sites i subscibe to to try and just get an answer as to if people think i really am K deficient and what a quick fix is  by the time i even ordered something online by the time it got here i would be ready to flush anyway....i know what you said but i guess im still keeping at it because i just want to know if my diagnosis is correct....thanks Hawk i mean it i just really want to figure out if theres anything i can do to fatten up and if im right

--------------------
Everything posted by me is hypothetical and should be treated as such, I do not condone the illegal cultivation or use of cannabis

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #668509 - 04/30/13 09:31 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

OK well you do have nute issues, tho I don't think it's low K.  I feel it's more along the lines of the nutes you're using isn't right for the job.
As for a quick fix, I know of nothing that's going to much of a difference in a week.

As for hitting the big number in yield, you must have all your ducks in a row.
Light, environment, and feed properly.  Training can only be learned by researching, and then trial and error.  Here's a good read on different training styles.  http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/239247#239247

It takes a little time to master the trade, but with a little research, and the right questions, it will come.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: does anyone else think this is K deficient [Re: Stoneth]
    #668530 - 04/30/13 11:30 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Not to sound like a cocky prick or anything, but you really need to get your ducks in a row like above mentioned.

If you want to get pounds out of hydro, then you start by researching and at the very least reading the labels on your nutes and following a basic feed schedule.

You dont get pounds by putting non-hydro nutes in a system (molasses), shocking your plant, then making a bunch of posts asking why your yield is small.

And the epsom salts and tums or wtf you were talkin about...youre makin it too complicated and dont dont even wanna take hawks advice about getting the proper meters. Ill rant about epsoms all night long...

If youre that much of a newb, get the general hydro 3 part flora series and follow the schedule to the T with ONLY the 3 base nutrients, NO  additives. Its ph buffered so if you follow the chart you can get by without meters and prolly without ph down but dont expect pounds until you check your ph and ppm daily.

Once you get past that...then maybe you can start experimenting, but fuck man dont try to develop some new techniques with unknown nutes and shit before you even get your first harvest.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: does anyone else think this is K deficient [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #668559 - 05/01/13 02:56 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SmokeSomeHash said:
Not to sound like a cocky prick or anything, but you really need to get your ducks in a row like above mentioned.

If you want to get pounds out of hydro, then you start by researching and at the very least reading the labels on your nutes and following a basic feed schedule.

You dont get pounds by putting non-hydro nutes in a system (molasses), shocking your plant, then making a bunch of posts asking why your yield is small.

And the epsom salts and tums or wtf you were talkin about...youre makin it too complicated and dont dont even wanna take hawks advice about getting the proper meters. Ill rant about epsoms all night long...

If youre that much of a newb, get the general hydro 3 part flora series and follow the schedule to the T with ONLY the 3 base nutrients, NO  additives. Its ph buffered so if you follow the chart you can get by without meters and prolly without ph down but dont expect pounds until you check your ph and ppm daily.

Once you get past that...then maybe you can start experimenting, but fuck man dont try to develop some new techniques with unknown nutes and shit before you even get your first harvest.

Bingo....I've given as much advice on this as I can.  At some point you need to help yourself and learn how to grow.  I'm not trying to be a dick, but you are not listening to anything I have said in the other posts.  So I'm done.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineStriker
Stranger

#668626 - 05/01/13 05:34 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Dude i freaking am listening to you but i dont have the money to just go out and buy all of this stuff...and believe it or not i have taken your advice quite a few times...but because i cant afford all of the supplies just at the moment is exactly why im asking for alternatives    And anyway you dont really tell me to do stuff as much as berate me for doing shit the wrong way  and about the molasses thing...well iread that it was ok to try with hydro so i tried it and learend the hard way....by the time i posted about it it was already in the res...and as far as learning how to grow??/ WTF you guys  i thought this was supposed to be a freindly forum      Isnt that what this forum is for...to ask questions....I have already read a TON on how to grow and i have been implementing what i have learned as i grow...you guys are being jerks about it..I never have just blown off your advice hawk  as a matter of fact  every time i have been able to do what you say i have  for example  giving my AK49 auto more light  I did htat
and when you told me i was wasting light i went and made reflectors for all the lamps out of some tin sheeting...i planted my clones when you told me to and i even got rid of the halogen supplementals i had  so for you guys to say i dont take advice is bull....Im just a newbie tring to make it til flush on a budget so if you guys want to get down on me for all that well then fine......but i didnt expect to be treated like this when i joined this forum  like this...."at least READ the labels"

really  you dont think i read the labels...you guys dont think im doing the absolute best i can

and this
'then making a bunch of posts asking why your yield is small.'
i actually never asked why my yeild was too small    i have accepted that i have some learning to do and my yeild  while depressing    is what it is

and this
"At some point you need to help yourself and learn how to grow"

like you guys dont think ive spent countless hours on the computer reading about growing    like im just winging it

Cmon you guys---i am doing everything in my power to do what you said    i even got a water temp thermometer  my water is about 72 degrees F

Im not trying to be a dick by saying this but you are being jerks kind of sorry but ya

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Quote:

SmokeSomeHash said:

Bingo....I've given as much advice on this as I can.  At some point you need to help yourself and learn how to grow.  I'm not trying to be a dick, but you are not listening to anything I have said in the other posts.  So I'm done.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #668628 - 05/01/13 05:37 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry man. 

I should've been nicer about it. 

But I don't really know what else to tell you.

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #668629 - 05/01/13 05:44 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

And in all honesty you haven't listened to me.  I've told you what I think it is, and then you didn't believe me.

This is direct from your other potassium thread.

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I'd say you have at least 2 issues.  Temp on the water is too high, needs to be in the 65-70 range.  And you are probably giving way too much nutrients is my guess, but without knowing your PPM, it's pretty hard to tell.

How often are you changing out the water?

Quote:

Striker said:
well i dont actually know what the water temp is  the room temp is 80 so whatever that makes the water    and theres no way i over did the nutes  maybe too little if anything

Quote:

Striker said:
like i said i put a bunch of wood ash in my res and now they have stabilized  so they definately have a k deficiency  and i added a bunch of nutes too!!

They are deficient because they are in nute lock out.  You are doing too much with these.  You need to change the water out, and leave just straight water for a couple of days, then add a very low dose of bottled nutrients, like botainicaire or something similar.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineStriker
Stranger

#668633 - 05/01/13 05:56 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

ok  i will  try    i just flushed about 3/4 of my res out    i siphoned it off so that should at least cut the nutes by 75% til i can get some botanicare    unless oh wait you think i should do just water for now ??

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #668641 - 05/01/13 06:49 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, for 2 days.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

#668663 - 05/01/13 08:15 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Well the botancare bottle says not for use im hydro so i guess youre not using botanicare. What brand of molasses did you use so i know what label misled you.

And if you cant afford all the hydro stuff then do soil. Its a lot easier and youll still get quality flowers...a little late for that though.

Its not bein mean its bein real..your flowers are dyin and they dont care what excuses you give em

Youll stop cryin once you fix your mistakes and smoke some of your badass nugs.

--------------------

OfflineStriker
Stranger

#668703 - 05/01/13 09:41 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

brer rabbit molasses  and it didnt mislead me i mislead myself in to thinking that it would be a good idea to put molasses in my hydro setup    but the thing that turned me on to it is that theres a bunch of iron, calcium, and magnesium in it  so i just figured what the hell i had read enough people having success with it to try it    but i think those people had a big res and put only a tiny bit in ...

--------------------

OfflineStriker
Stranger

#668705 - 05/01/13 09:42 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

and my nugs are badass theres just not that many of them  lol

--------------------

OfflineStriker
Stranger

#668710 - 05/01/13 09:51 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

and yes i plan to stick with soil from now on

--------------------

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

#668738 - 05/02/13 05:57 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I advise you to not try to add things for their indovidual elements.

Yes molasses has those elements but they are not in a chemical form thats available to plants. Plus, if you were adding it for its nutrient value such as magnesium, then you shouldnt need to add epsom salts too...or tums for calcium...or whatever

Without starting a chem lesson...you can get calcium deficiencies by pumping your water full of too much Mg++ even if youre calcium content is above what it should be. Too much of one element can sometimes cause what LOOKS like a deficiency in others.

Molasses is not a nutrient, it is an additive for flowering and feeding soil microbes. Yes it has magnesium but that doesnt make it a magnesium supplement. Theres a big diff between nutes and additives. Hydro nutes are usually synthetic and dissolve readily in water. Molasses is organic and as thick as well...molasses.

You shouldnt be using it in hydro to begin with but it seems like youre using it for the wrong reasons. You should use a sweetener like botanicares sweet for adding aroma during flowers. If you were trying to use the molasses and tums and for their actual nutrient values then you would be better off with a regular ol CaMg++ product from any brand. Im done ranting but let me just say theres a real good reason they make the Ca and the Mg together in one bottle. Some brands have just pure CaMg and others have versions with enhanced micros like zinc and stuff.

Keep it simple and stick with bottle nutes. Your next grow will be way better.

--------------------

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #668742 - 05/02/13 07:11 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm. Could be wrong, but I doubt it based on the pics. I think you're about to ruin your grow by harvesting way too early.

Why did you decide you're a week away from flushing?

OfflineStriker
Stranger

Re: does anyone else think this is K deficient [Re: Maestro]
    #668891 - 05/02/13 09:03 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

because theyre about to be on their 7th week of flower

--------------------

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #668895 - 05/02/13 09:10 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

They have like 4 weeks left at least, you'll be surprised how much weight they'll start putting on soon:bigjoint:

You should flush with 4xvolume in water and add 1/4 dose nutrients to the last galon.

OfflineStriker
Stranger

#668896 - 05/02/13 09:12 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

i mean im gonna let the plants talk to me but i feel like they arent really growing much anymore  i have some clones im gonna treat way different  but anyway i just feel like they arent plumping up much more and so many leaves turned yellow and died that theres not much more as far as leaves that can provide photosynthesis so i mean as much as id love them to get bigger they wont  my ak 49 auto looks killer compared to this...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals