Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

Growing Weed outdoors in UK
    #665264 - 04/07/13 04:04 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

hey, im new to growing weed, and as i live in the UK, weather isn't always great, but luckily heading up to summer it has been good to us.
first off the reason i have chose to grow outdoors is because i can't grow indoors (obv) because of visitors, family members pets ect, and i don't have a greenhouse, so i have to resort to growing where nature intended.
i have found a good spot, hidden away from everybody, yet can still get alot of sunlight and where there is enough room, im only looking to grow about 3 plants.
as for strains i was looking at: auto blueberry, autofrisan drew, and lowryder, but im not 100% sure yet.

so yeah let me know what you guys think, all tips and advice would be nice:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing Weed outdoors in UK [Re: mrliam1]
    #665268 - 04/07/13 06:00 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Well tips and advice would be to buy some books and do a lot of research.  You wont get much from auto outdoors.  Why would you go that route?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

Re: Growing Weed outdoors in UK [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #665291 - 04/08/13 06:12 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

well from what i have researched some auto flowers do well outdoors:/

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #665307 - 04/08/13 11:51 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Well they kinda do well anywhere.  You're just not going to get much off of them.  Unless you have a bunch of em.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Middle east coast
    #665310 - 04/08/13 12:13 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mrliam1 said:
well from what i have researched some auto flowers do well outdoors:/

These are some autos (lowsonic) done by a friend of mine outdoors.

...in Finland :smile:

My best advice would be to check out Hybrids From Hell for genetics, and seedheaven.net for tons of grow logs from northern outdoor growers.

Good luck!

--------------------
I used to grow pot.  I still do grow pot, but I used to grow it too.
*Seedsharer*
You got my cheez whiz, boy?

Edited by Angus (04/08/13 12:29 PM)

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

Re: Growing Weed outdoors in UK [Re: Angus]
    #665314 - 04/08/13 12:31 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

ive checked out that website, im finding it hard to find what i need, but the prices of seeds are  great!

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

#665317 - 04/08/13 12:46 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

You have to register and post an intro to get access to all the forums.  Unleashdagreen has some great grow logs too; mostly from canadian growers.  Esben (Hybrids from Hell) has a forum on icmag here:  https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65703

As far as the seeds at SH..there are some nice outdoor stuff that isn't available elsewhere and as you said the prices are right :smile: Looking at what's available; Sabe,Soviet finland (grew the plants above) CFP, many of lala's (lil bald man)strains, Tanska's 'rocket chunk' f2s and 'mighty freeze' (MF are a great OD strain) most of the 'unlisted sellers' stuff, and the 'viking', 'danish passion', and 'royal dane' from Derg Corra should all finish at your latitude.  If I was making a wishlist it would go: Flatland Basic and OD Mix from Lil Blad Man Seeds, Diesel Ryder from Soviet Finland, Rocket Chunk and Mighty Freeze from Tanska, LebCheese x AHP, and Viking from Derg Corra. :smile:

I think you'd have better success with these 'early' strains, than with autoflower strains..but if you are set on them SF has a good selection for $10 a pack.  If you go that way, making a bed with 20 or so plants in it might give the best results.

--------------------
*Seedsharer*

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665345 - 04/08/13 04:40 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i agree, i was also looking at himalayan gold, a bit more expensive at £8 each, but i think itd be much better to get more seeds, do you know if the seeds that are bought in a 10 pack feminised on that site?

sorry for being a complete n00b but this is what i was thinking about, start the seeds off in just a small "cup" type pot, then throw that into something a bit bigger, like a 5 gallon bucket or so, then when the plant is about a foot and chuck that into the ground, i'm not sure about the lighting for vegetation though, right now we can get a good 12/12 light and darkness, so do you think it would be okay to just leave them outside for veg + flowering?

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

#665453 - 04/09/13 05:53 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mrliam1 said:
yeah i agree, i was also looking at himalayan gold, a bit more expensive at £8 each, but i think itd be much better to get more seeds, do you know if the seeds that are bought in a 10 pack feminised on that site?

sorry for being a complete n00b but this is what i was thinking about, start the seeds off in just a small "cup" type pot, then throw that into something a bit bigger, like a 5 gallon bucket or so, then when the plant is about a foot and chuck that into the ground, i'm not sure about the lighting for vegetation though, right now we can get a good 12/12 light and darkness, so do you think it would be okay to just leave them outside for veg + flowering?

Nothing on SH is feminized unless listed as such.  I'm not sure what you're talking about with the himalayan..is that an auto?

Okay, sounds like you're pretty unfamiliar with growing outside..that's okay :smile:  Yes, you can start them off inside (or outside, but it's tougher) under some (compact) fluorescent lights.  Then move them outside to bigger pots, or into the ground.

Outside, nature takes care of the light cycle.  Strain selection is important though, especially in your location.  You can do everything else right and if the plants don't finish in time..well, it really sucks!  Any of the strains I mentioned above should fare well at your latitude.  And of course autos will do fine, but yield varies a lot between strains and conditions.  Highly recommend going with 'early' strains like I mentioned above that are bred to be grown outdoors.  When after you put the plants outside they'll grow (veg) until they sense the days getting shorter.  Ideally for you, this would be sometime in July..then they will flower and hopefully you'll harvest in September.  The idea of "12/12" is only applicable to indoor growers..it 'snaps' the plants into flower and is easier than changing the light schedule by a few minutes every day like happens in nature.

--------------------
*Seedsharer*

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665461 - 04/09/13 06:55 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

yeah the himalayans where autos, but after researching all day, i have found alot of good info on "Hybrids from hell" i was looking at them and found 2 that really caught my eye "danish gold" and "scottish" these were specifically made for northern colder climates (as you said), high mould resistant, and perfect for up to 58 lat, and here it is 56. they come in packs of 13 and of course there will be a mix of both female and male, i'm only going to be planting 3 of them, and known my luck they will all be male, from what ive ready you can only determine wether they are male or female 2 weeks within vegitation? or is there a way to find the sex easier? as for starting out indoors, i have no idea:/ starting outdoors would be alot easier but i want to make the most of my first grow, i had bought a big bag of some good soil/dirt mixture:)

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665504 - 04/10/13 08:31 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

unfortunatly though, i don't think any kind of plant will do to well atm, we haven't had any sun today, its just been cloudy and if we keep having days like this then the plants will barely get any sun. i feel like a dick posting pictures of where i live but its just to give you a rough idea of what i mean

some days weather as good as this

and most days its like this

(ignore the people, look at the sky)

its fucking irritating

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

#665509 - 04/10/13 09:25 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mrliam1 said:i have found alot of good info on "Hybrids from hell" i was looking at them and found 2 that really caught my eye "danish gold" and "scottish"

Esben is the man..he's a great breeder but an even better person.  His hybrids (while from Hell) are full of love!  Those are good choices for strains..danish gold is as proven as it gets..and the scottish should do really well for your area. 

Why are you starting so few plants?  Guerilla growing has lots of potential issues..if you want to finish with three females why not pop a pack of seeds? 

It makes things a lot easier if you can start them off and at least get them a couple inches tall inside.  Then you can move them to a protected area outdoors and let them get a little size before transplanting to your final spot.  All you'd need is a couple CFLs to start them inside.  Germinating and getting them to come up outside can be tough, especially if its cool out.

Two weeks is pretty fast to be showing sex, especially for an outdoor plant.  If you get nice growth you might know a month in.  I've had plants outside before that were 5+ feet tall before sharing..but seven-eight nodes (around a foot tall) seems to be about average.

Don't sweat the weather too much..nothing you can do..and plenty of UK growers pull it off :smile:

--------------------
*Seedsharer*

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665510 - 04/10/13 10:16 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

thanks alot man! ill have to find somewhere to put the 13 plants, i have alot of lack of space at my house and with people coming in and out itl be awkward:P i do have a little shed at the side of my house, ill have to try and stick some lights in there and keep the plants in there for a week or two, then put them outside, what size pot would you say would do for vegitation? i was just gonna use a one thats like cup size, ofc then it would be easier to put away somewhere.
also, how many females would you usually expect to get? id be happy with say 4 or 5 but the more the merrier, i just don't want to leave my males and females together for to long

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665555 - 04/10/13 03:09 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

i was thinking about fluorescent lighting aswel, considering my bedroom is tiny, that means the main light is only about 1 metre from the window sill, so i think if i could throw a fluorescent light on there instead of the regular ones, it would be getting light from that + natural sunlight through the window, then i could put them outside

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

#665563 - 04/10/13 04:13 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mrliam1 said:i do have a little shed at the side of my house, ill have to try and stick some lights in there and keep the plants in there for a week or two, then put them outside

That sounds good if the temps are right :smile:  You can start seeds in small trays like these and do a pack under one or two CFLs.

Let them grow for a week and get some roots, then move into small pots to put outside.  You can either wait for these to sex, and then kill the males and transplant.  Or put them all into the ground unsexed and kill the males as they show.  Until flowering starts, having females and males together isn't a problem.  You'll be able to tell sex way before they start to flower.  No way to know how many females..it should be around 50/50. 

As for lighting..window sills tend to make for stretchy plants unless they are south-facing and get full sunlight for 7-8 hours.  I'm not sure what you mean with the main light that's a meter away..do you mean your ceiling light?  You need a couple CFLs or shop lights and they should be around 10-20 cm away from the plants.

--------------------
*Seedsharer*

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665565 - 04/10/13 04:39 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

well that tray is a definite, and yeah i mean my ceiling light:L but i don't know how i would hook up some lights on top of the window part:P same thing goes with in the shed, if i could get some lights in there though it would be best if they gave off some heat, it does get quite cold in there so heat would be needed, everything else is sorted, i have my location, i know what other pots i need, i have my soil, not sure about nutrients yet:/ its just getting them grown under fucking lights :mad2:

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

#665566 - 04/10/13 04:43 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I've used a small humidity dome to start seeds outside before..it is definitely possible but easy to fail, too. You don't have any 24" fluorescent fixtures or a couple shop lights with clips like this

--------------------
*Seedsharer*

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665655 - 04/11/13 04:53 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

i have nothing like that:/ it wouldn't be so hard if i was only doing 2 or 3 plants, but its the space i need to put all of them in seperate pots after they have sprouted which makes it awkward

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

#665667 - 04/11/13 08:44 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

You can let them grow for a week or two in the seed trays, then move into larger, seperate pots outside.

--------------------
*Seedsharer*

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665682 - 04/11/13 09:54 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

well im having good hopes atm, the sun has come out and its pretty warm, and if it stays like this i can't fail to have some nice buds to toke on, still not sure wether to get some fetiliser yet, but im not spending loads on it so ill have a look around:)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder