Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetymoteusz3
Stranger
Some questions, first grow
    #551176 - 04/27/11 01:10 PM (13 years, 12 hours ago)

Hey

Not really ever posted on here but quite active on the shroomery - this summer I am going to try an attempt at growing outdoors.

Feminized seeds, autoflowering hybrid variety.
4- 6 plants.
Heat zone 6/7 (Southern Ontario).

Long story short I live in the city, however my parents live out in the middle of no where, and behind their farm is a 20 acre forest which is owned by a housing developer (only its protected green land so basically no one ever goes there).

There are several spots where its quite hard for anyone to get to and there is a nice amount of sun coming through.

My idea is to start the plants indoors (or would planting outdoors be better from seed).
Chicken wire will be used to prevent animals from accessing it.
When would be a good idea to start them? I was looking at alot of the autoflowering varieties and they only take 2 months to reach harvest. Would it be better to aim for a September harvest or a July and September harvest?

I won't be able to visit them every day (so low maintenance) but I will be able to make sure they are always watered.

I have successfully grown mushrooms indoors multiple times, but due to living in an apartment I have abstained from growing weed.

Thanks!!

Edited by tymoteusz3 (04/27/11 01:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudski
Stranger
Re: Some questions, first grow [Re: tymoteusz3]
    #551640 - 04/28/11 02:28 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well you wanna see how long the flowering periods are for your seeds of choice.
I would start them indoors, wait till your weather is nice enough so they wont die or get growth stunted from getting to cold and them transplant them into the ground.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: Some questions, first grow [Re: budski]
    #555241 - 05/13/11 03:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well its always better to start your seeds outside if the climate is suitable. you will get a better taproot and a stronger plant. just unfortunately for use northerners canada doesn't have the best growing season unless your out in BC's interior(wine country and all) and your set up idea sounds fine. just be sure not to plant your beans under fir trees. the water that runs off them tends to make your bud smell and taste like pine needles after a season of dripping :frown:

cougar piss works really well to keep animals away as well. just get those water absorbing crystals and fill socks with them, soak in piss and hang them in a perimeter around your ladies. i find it really helps.

and before you ask. you can buy cougar, bear and most other piss and repellents in your local out door supply/hunting store.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Some questions, first grow [Re: Pernicious]
    #555249 - 05/13/11 04:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

First off, welcome to all the noobs in this thread!!

@ Op. Sounds good what your planning! Chicken wire work well for most pesty critters. Moth balls and like mentioned predator urines also work. I am not familiar with your grow season so I am no help there. But alot of us start our seedling indoors and then move them outdoors to flower. As far as not being able to check them daily, it is best if you only make necessary trips anyways. Don't want to leave a trail into your area. Make sure your gonna have water close by if possible. As far as growing under pine trees, it is notbtoo good idea. Usually the pine trees grow in semi acidic ground which will mess with the ph and need constant adjustment. Other then that, it all sounds good! Do some more reading and educate yourself on your situation and you should do good! Keep us updated on how things go, if u would? We all enjoy watching a grow!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck