Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSynthe
Ramen Warrior

I got a handful of questions
    #658151 - 02/09/13 10:43 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Damnit, I just typed up my entire post then accidentally closed my page. FUUU

To sum it up, I'm a Shroomery member and I've browsed on this site for a while too; I think both are pretty cool.

Anyway, I failed a grow once and I think it's time to try again, so...

I plan growing just 1-3 plants, using autoflower feminized seeds and CFL's or LED's. I know the yield will be low but that's fine with me.

So firstly, how much odor can a cannabis plant actually give off? Could you smell a cannabis plant in an attic if you were directly under the trapdoor entrance to the attic?

I think I want to use the screen of green (I think I'm saying that wrong) technique to maximize surface area that soaks up light. Would there be any problems with doing that using autoflowering feminized plants?

Fertilizer-wise, is there any soil blend I could use by itself to provide enough nutrients to a plant, or is it absolutely necessary to use added fertilizers to make sure the plants won't have nutrient deficiencies?

Anybody have any experience with "microgrows" where you keep the plants relatively short? Would it even be worthwhile? And isn't that what the screen of green does anyway, keeping the plant short but wide?

How many CFL's will I need for 1-3 plants?

Has anybody grown plants using attitude seeds? My failed grow was attempted using attitude seeds, I couldn't germ them but I only tried for 3 days with the paper towel method before I accidentally spilled the container and lost most of the seeds.
I don't know if they were bunk or I just needed to wait longer.

How much can having too low or high of a humidity mess up your grow? And what about temperature or ventilation?

Would it be better to make a "grow box" with a fan, or to just leave everything open to allow plenty of air to flow through?

When you adjust PH levels, do you just do it once or several times/regularly? How do you actually adjust PH levels, anyway? And can you buy soil or fertilizers that already have a neutral PH??

Finally, would it be safe to clone a few cuttings just before or after harvesting the first yield?

Edited by Synthe (02/09/13 10:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I got a handful of questions [Re: Synthe]
    #658176 - 02/09/13 12:47 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

if your using auto's you probably don't want to clone it. Attitude seeds have been fine. humidity problems can cause bugs/mold. a tent/box might be better, as it will have reflective walls. Just make sure to have continuous ventilation or humidity will skyrocket. You can buy small grow tents. Ph you adjust when you water, but if your lazy its really not critical that you do it, just better for the plants--as long as your pH is not too out of range. pH is more essential to hydroponics. If your in soil you should be fine, only feeding after the soil's nutrients are used up. Advanced nutrients has their Sensi Bloom 'ph perfect' formula thats suppose to not need adjusting. Odor depends on stage of growth and genetics. Not sure how many CFL's you'll need, what is your budget?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineSynthe
Ramen Warrior

Re: I got a handful of questions [Re: phychotron]
    #658219 - 02/09/13 03:26 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty low budget. I'm thinking of maybe making my own grow box/tent. I have some spare emergency blankets I could use, or just aluminum foil. 

Do you think one of those cheap rotating tower or normal circular fans would do the trick, or would it have to be something like a computer fan?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #658247 - 02/09/13 04:42 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

you need to have air exchanged from the room, so you will need something capable of doing that. Tower/oscillating fans are good for keeping your plants short/strong with direct air on them, but they are rarely good for air exchange. Unless you had some wide open area's for air to freely pass through, you'll need to keep a ventilation fan on.

aluminum foil is not very good at reflecting, flat white paint works better. A small can and brush should be cheap.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#658250 - 02/09/13 05:01 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Last grow I did 2 yrs ago was 3 small 3ft plants in my basement under a 150watt hps I got for$70. And let's say by the time I was done flowering I could smell them when I walked by my basement door.. I also did CFL 35k spectrum 150watt equivalent x 2 + 4-26watt bulbs and the yealds were not too bad, not as dense as the hps, but still something.  Bout all the info I got pertaining to ur Q. But I will say also if ur not started yet save up for a hps, pike I said I got mine for $70, $85 shipped to my door, local hydro shop I was at last week had a nice hps for the.same price if not cheeper. But for starters CFL's will work, just need a few. I use 4 65k cfl for veg fine. But Idk about the autos tho, bagseed alwaysd for me. work gl.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

OfflineSynthe
Ramen Warrior

#658445 - 02/10/13 07:56 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys. If I was going to paint the inside of my growing container with white paint, what material should I use for the actual container? Speaking about containers, what do you guys think would be a good one to use for a DIY grow?

And also, what wattage CFL's should I get, and how many for just 1 adult plant? And anybody got a good guide for mounting CFL's?

Would it be possible to power a small/mini grow with a car battery? And how does one actually keep the plants very short?

Finally, as far as odor goes, what would be the best way to utilize a carbon filter? Could I achieve no odor within 10 feet from the plant?

Oh yeah, and if I was to grow in an attic-

-would one be able to smell marijuana while directly under the entrance, without any carbon filters or other countermeasures in use?

Edited by Synthe (02/10/13 08:14 AM)

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#658450 - 02/10/13 08:31 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

@ 1 month old was a male tho under 6 26watt 65k spectrum bulbs

and a small bud from my cfl grow

EDIT: that hanging dome has a 2 way spliter in it with 26watt=100watequiv.
all was done over 2 years ago.
and wih cfl grows the moar bulbs the marrier, rainging from 26wat=100 watt equivalint to 150 watt equivalints. 65k spectrum for veg 35k specrum for flowering.
hope this helps a bit as you can see how my cab was built from plywood and screws,
GL

--------------------

Edited by lostinbq (02/10/13 08:35 AM)

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: I got a handful of questions [Re: lostinbq]
    #658451 - 02/10/13 08:32 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

also unles u have a ac up their ppl have failed when temps rose in an attic.
sorry for thhis one tho.

--------------------

OfflineSynthe
Ramen Warrior

#658456 - 02/10/13 09:40 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lostinbq said:
also unles u have a ac up their ppl have failed when temps rose in an attic.
sorry for thhis one tho.

What do you mean exactly?

Quote:

lostinbq said:
65k spectrum for veg 35k for flowering

Would this mean I'd just use 35k for an autoflowering plant?

Thanks btw

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#658465 - 02/10/13 12:40 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

well if ur in a climae that gets around 90 degrees ouside, i would add an extra 10 degrees to that cos of the sun hitting ur roof, heat also rises in ur house and excapes out the roof vent, here in pa it gets up to 100+ during july so i would assume the attic would be hourendous,just read a post he otherday a guy had his in the attic and did not take in accoun of hea porblems and had to move his whole grow from the area to a cooler plcae. just saying unless u have a air conditoner up there u might have problems.
i think u can use just a 35k bulbs for an autoflower, but if ur going the auto roue why no just use a closet or something unless is a kids finding it issue. but as for the bulbs on those autos i would wait for some one else to answer that. from what i have read on here a long while ago ppl use them and just go 12/12 from he start, but like i said im not experienced with them, try a search in the grow log section u should find a answer quick if u don wan to wait for a TC to answer.
same for doing it in the attic, search it, but idk where u live or ur climae during the summer either, but i am shure u will need a ac up their tho, fo sho.
sick around tho, is a good site,

also as far as odor, their is jells and such or u can do a dyi carbon scrubber, idk where u would search tha one tho but i kno their is a diy tek on here for one, happy post hunting, and reading lol... lost of info out their, im catching up myself after a 2 year hiatus.

--------------------

Edited by lostinbq (02/10/13 12:43 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#658487 - 02/10/13 04:59 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Im growing under cfls now look at my grow log.

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

Re: I got a handful of questions [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #658616 - 02/11/13 01:27 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Dude...these things stink to high heaven, literally and figuratively. :0)

Seriously, I know nauge, and can catch a tiny whiff and know that the
dank is near-abouts.  If you have a successful grow, even in your attic,
then you might end up smelling it by walking past your house.

The upside is that there is a very good DIY carbon scrubber thread here.

I made one for only the price of parts and got all the way through
a grow without the smell getting even outside the room the tent is in.

You will have to pay for a good fan and ducting, but this will save
you from humidity problems at the same time.  If sound is not critical
then you can use one of the cheap rigs available online (i.e. eBay)

Good luck,

JD

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: I got a handful of questions [Re: Javadog]
    #658620 - 02/11/13 01:46 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:whatshesaid: lolz.
SUP JD...
following me huh?:teleport:

--------------------

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#658762 - 02/12/13 02:59 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Lost.

Good luck making the stinky.

I managed to get a crop in without once the smell reaching
beyond my man-cave.  The DIY unit here is very easy to make.

Take care,

JD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom