Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Excessive yellowing and orange pistils
    #657798 - 02/06/13 09:51 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clone
2. How old are your plants? 3 1/2 weeks flowering
3. How tall are your plants? 22 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3 gallon smart pot
5. What is your soil mix? FFOF
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? Water when the pot is light or completely dry about once a week, filtered tap water 2 gallons each watering.
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? GH Go Pack
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 180w Blackstar, 240w 3w chip panel, Kessil H150 Purple panel.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 12-14 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 5ftx4ftx2ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 65 at night and 79-83 during the day. stays at about %20-%30 humidity
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.5-7ish
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Nope
16. How much experience do you have growing? A few grows worth.

I don't have pictures right now but I will later today.

I have a california Hash plant that is 3 1/2 weeks into flowering.  Its oldest leaves keep yellowing off as if its a cal/mg deficiency but I have been feeding them the cal/mg every other watering.  The WIERDEST problem is about %40-50 of my pistils have began to turn orange.  This is the second time growing this strain ( flowered its mother before ) and the pistils didnt even begin to turn orange until week 5.

Is my plant dying?  Like I said I'll get pictures later today.  I am at work at the moment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Excessive yellowing and orange pistils [Re: PoloDown]
    #657801 - 02/06/13 10:20 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I'll wait for pictures..

Have you tested your runoff water?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Excessive yellowing and orange pistils [Re: mhbound]
    #657802 - 02/06/13 10:23 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

No I Havent tested it in a while, kind of a pain to collect with the smart pots. but i'll try to gather it and test it next watering

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #657826 - 02/06/13 01:49 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't be overly concerned about your runoff.  I wannna see some pics and we'll see what's going on.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Excessive yellowing and orange pistils [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #657870 - 02/07/13 09:23 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I wouldn't be overly concerned about your runoff.  I wannna see some pics and we'll see what's going on.

Here are a couple pictures.  The orange hairs don't look as prominent in the picture, but they are very orange and slightly receded more than usual.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #657896 - 02/07/13 01:57 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

How often are you feeding them and how much per gallon, also as asked in the question, what is the NPK ratio of the nutrient your using?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#657936 - 02/07/13 03:50 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

and slightly receded more than usual

This is beyond me at this point, but I read where a grower saw a similar
effect caused by Broad Mites.

If this is indeed the case, I saw this, where aspirin is recommended, of all things:
Quote:

It does look like broad/cyclamen mites. You can save them though if the genetics are something you don't want to lose or can't replace. If you treat with an aspirin drench, you will see improvement overnight. The reason for this is the aspirin stimulates the plants natural immune response. The damage caused by broad/cyclamen mites results from the toxins they inject into the plants. It doesn't take many of them to cause noticeable damage. The aspirin mitigates this damage, and the results are startling. It does not kill the mites, but helps the plant fight off the effects of the toxins. 325 MG of regular (not coated) aspirin per gallon pf water will do the trick. Mix it daily with your nutrient solution, and keep it up until harvest. I have saved several crops using this method, and that's before I knew what the cause was. I was able to harvest without using any pesticides, because at the time, as I said, I didn't know the cause. Only noticeable "damage" was the loss of smell.Of course, you still have to treat with avid/forbid to kill the mites, and your whole grow space will have to be treated. But you can reverse the damage if you catch it early enough, and you can eradicate the mites using the aforementioned pesticides. Try the aspirin and you will be amazed how the plants perk up. I posted pictures of broad/cyclamen mite infested plants three years ago in the infirmary, and not one person figured out the problem. They are more common now for whatever reason, so people at least recognize the symptoms. But the aspirin was all I used at the time, and most of the damage was reversed. I always add aspirin now, as it helps against almost any disease/toxins that attack the plant. Try it and you will see a difference.

Good luck,

JD

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Excessive yellowing and orange pistils [Re: Javadog]
    #657955 - 02/07/13 06:38 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

No way is that being caused by mites.  This is definitely a nutrient issue.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#657967 - 02/07/13 09:21 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

I start with a light feeding of half a dose which is 1 tea spoon per gallon on pretty much all my nutrients. My BioThrive bloom formula ratio is 2-4-4 and the BioBud formula is .5-.1-1. I feed them every other watering

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #657973 - 02/07/13 10:10 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

You didn't answer any my other questions.
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
How often are you feeding them and how much per gallon, also as asked in the question, what is the NPK ratio of the nutrient your using?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#658049 - 02/08/13 03:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I water them every 5-7 days 2 gallons at a time with nutrients every other watering. After half a dose of nutrients in a feeding, each feeding is bumped up 25%

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #658052 - 02/08/13 03:31 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
You didn't answer any my other questions.
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

:facepalm:

--------------------

-niteowl

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #658068 - 02/08/13 04:41 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Based on the first picture, you're dealing with either a potassium deficiency (most likely) or a micronutrient issue (unlikely based on the FF mix which should have sufficient calcium and magnesium content).
Potassium deficiencies result in the inter-veinal chlorosis in conjunction with that "eagle claw" phenomenon and necrosis of the leaf margins.
Just like the picture.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Excessive yellowing and orange pistils [Re: 81renaissance]
    #658070 - 02/08/13 04:51 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I just read about that GH Go box, and you shouldn't be seeing a K deficiency, so I'm also going to say that your deficiency appears to be the result of a pH problem or an overabundance of nitrogen or calcium, either of which cause K lockouts.
GO cal/mag+ is a chelated (EDTA containing) nute, so your plant will process however much you put in there.  If you've gone heavy with the cal/mag, that's probably where the K issue is coming from.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#658095 - 02/08/13 08:29 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PoloDown said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

My BioThrive bloom formula ratio is 2-4-4 and the BioBud formula is .5-.1-1. I feed them every other watering

That's my NPK ratio. Im confused as to what I'm missing?

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Excessive yellowing and orange pistils [Re: 81renaissance]
    #658099 - 02/08/13 08:39 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
I just read about that GH Go box, and you shouldn't be seeing a K deficiency, so I'm also going to say that your deficiency appears to be the result of a pH problem or an overabundance of nitrogen or calcium, either of which cause K lockouts.
GO cal/mag+ is a chelated (EDTA containing) nute, so your plant will process however much you put in there.  If you've gone heavy with the cal/mag, that's probably where the K issue is coming from.

I'm thinking the calcium lock out could be a possibility. But it was showing calcium def a little so I gave it cal/mg from the go box? I need to water it tomorrow or the day after. It calls for nutes this watering though.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #658103 - 02/08/13 08:50 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sorry I missed that man.  My bad.  Now I look like the asshole :cookiemonster:

Solution here, flush it.  Then give a feeding with the last gallon of water during the flush.  This will help with any buildup and lockouts that you are having, and not deprive them of nutrients they need during this period of vigorous growth.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#658123 - 02/09/13 12:33 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I'm sorry I missed that man.  My bad.  Now I look like the asshole :cookiemonster:

Solution here, flush it.  Then give a feeding with the last gallon of water during the flush.  This will help with any buildup and lockouts that you are having, and not deprive them of nutrients they need during this period of vigorous growth.

It's all good man.

Ill definitely flush then. I thought I'd note that I am selling my 240w led panel and I have an Apollo 400w Hps  setup on the way

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck