Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblebabz89
Pupil
Female

Loc: PNW Flag
An oregon compassion center and other things
    #654236 - 01/07/13 09:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I am an ambitious and communally active oregon MMJ patient and I am very interested in starting a compassion center/natural-organic whole food resource. I figure if "farming" weed is on the horizon for me I should have space to help my local community etc in need as well. It's my goal to have the community aspect be non profit and volunteer based with educating, prevention, and risk involvement being a driving force. Then compassionate and comprehensive care being available even to the poverty stricken and destitute MMJ patients. In my opinion people that are participating patients that can't grow or can't afford to pay large sums to have someone else do it for them should be denied access totally. Plus it takes the "dealer" feel out of obtaining state sanctioned meds and not  having  to feel like a criminal.

I am already drawing up a plan and several grant proposals because I am one of the patients worth little access and funds on a fixed limited income. I'm just seeking advice from those more expirenced suggestions and local volunteers of course :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: An oregon compassion center and other things [Re: babz89]
    #654270 - 01/08/13 03:31 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well I am an OMMP patient and caregiver.

What you are talking about is already in effect, besides the actual costs associated with getting the prescription and registering with the state.  So I don't really know what you're going for here.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblebabz89
Pupil
Female

Re: An oregon compassion center and other things [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #654316 - 01/08/13 12:20 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I dont understand what you mean by in effect either. I know there are already coops and places that help with food and other services available for prevention education and youth at risk, but I'd like to start a program that deals with all 3. I'm also interested in farming my own natural tobacco for personal consumption and limited sales. I just want to help fellow patients as well as myself and make some difference while doing so.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: An oregon compassion center and other things [Re: babz89]
    #654333 - 01/08/13 12:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Then call up MAMA's clinic.  That's what they do. 

Also growing tobacco and selling without a permit is illegal.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblebabz89
Pupil
Female

Re: An oregon compassion center and other things [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #654437 - 01/09/13 12:33 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm aware of the necessary permits for tobacco sales and if you fall under a certain margin all you need are bought and paid for tax stamps... Mama's is a great program that I fully support (though they aren't exactly a "compassion center " so much as a clinic.) Though I will see if anyone there has some more detailed information.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds