Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinearchetype

Loc: Missouri
Hydrogen peroxide circle?
    #62606 - 06/20/08 05:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've been saving my nug seeds for about 1 1/2 years now and i've finally found a place to get them going outdoors.  Me and a buddy have about 7 plants that have gotten to almost a foot now and we've been talking about outdoor pests ruining the plants.  My friend said he found credible advice stating that a ring of hydrogen peroxide poured around the plant (but not close enough for it to pull it in) is enough to keep ants and such from getting on them.  Has anyone else heard about this?  My dad said Sevendust is the way to go, but my friend keeps insisting on the peroxide.

Anyone know if this will work or if not what's best to keep my babies from getting attacked?  Thanks in advance.

--------------------

need a sig?  hit me up, jig

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Hydrogen peroxide circle? [Re: archetype]
    #62621 - 06/20/08 06:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ants won't do any harm.  you shouldn't worry about pests until you actually see that they are a problem.  the only preventative measures you should take would be to coil some copper wire loosely around the base of the stem to prevent slugs and snails from eating her.  even this is not necessary unless you start to see damage being done.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Hydrogen peroxide circle? [Re: Yrat]
    #62818 - 06/21/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

black fly seems to produce problems, they lay their eggs underneath the leaves and it sucks away nutrients, for that i think you add molasses to the soil and it helps the plant strengthen it's immune system

i'm not positive:shrug:

you'll get replies soon enough

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

InvisibleDizz
Skunked Out......
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oz
Re: Hydrogen peroxide circle? [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #65175 - 06/24/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

copper wire hey? that very genius yrat

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Hydrogen peroxide circle? [Re: Dizz]
    #65204 - 06/24/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:

slugs and snails will not crawl over copper.  contact with it results in a reaction just as if they touched salt.  in many gardening magazines you can actually find copper "tape" which can be very helpful.  i usually just strip down some old cords and make a ring around the stem.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlinearchetype

Loc: Missouri
Re: Hydrogen peroxide circle? [Re: Yrat]
    #65285 - 06/24/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks a lot for the replies.  I'll definitely check into some copper wire.  We're getting ready to build an enclosure so that deer can't get to them.  Fuckers.

--------------------

need a sig?  hit me up, jig

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains