Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethelivingfreekshow
Astro-Biologist
Male

DWC question
    #647459 - 11/22/12 07:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Doing a test DWC, to check out hydro. First I cant keep the ph where it needs to be. I will ph it to 5.8 and within 6 hours its back to at least 7.  Ive used ph down, ive tried lemon juice, and vinegar none hold the ph for shit. Could it be my water? Using dechlorinated tap.

Also, notice the brown foamy scum on the roots? Could this be a problem?  And its droopy leaves...could this be due to constant ph changes? The plant is an auto flower, its 4 weeks old and its obviously stunted. I just want to figure out these nagging problems  with the ph before I decide if I like hydro or not.
My next move will probably be buying some distilled water and trying that, unless someone has another option. :shrug:

--------------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: DWC question [Re: thelivingfreekshow]
    #647478 - 11/22/12 10:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

There's so many different things to look at here man.

How much water do you have?  Is this a recirculating system?  What kind of nutrients are you using?  Is the water at an appropriate temperature?

What kind of rocks are you using for support?  They look like gravel, makes me wonder where they came from and if you have sanitized them.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Astro-Biologist
Male

Re: DWC question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #647521 - 11/23/12 03:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

3 gallons of water

Single bucket non recirculating.

Using pure blend pro from botanicare the water remains between 65-70 degrees f, a couple times i caught it at 73

The rocks are pea gravel sanitized with the sanitizer i use when i make beer.

--------------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647558 - 11/23/12 12:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

How much air do you have bubbling over the roots? How often are you changing the water?

not sure what to tell you on the pH issue.  I've seen some people post about this in the past.  I have never ran into this issue though.  I feel that I see people posting about this problem more with a non-recirculating system.

--------------------

-niteowl

Astro-Biologist
Male

Re: DWC question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #647592 - 11/23/12 05:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Im using a 5 inch round, flat airstone, it puts off plenty of bubbles... Changing water once a week or as needed. Could hard water be the problem? I just cant figure out what would make the ph jump back up like that. have approx 3 gal of water in bucket.

--------------------

Edited by thelivingfreekshow (11/23/12 06:19 PM)

Astro-Biologist
Male

#647766 - 11/24/12 05:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So, Ive asked this question on several forums....no one has an answer.:thumbdown:

--------------------

Astro-Biologist
Male

#648178 - 11/27/12 05:28 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I transplanted it into FFOF dirt, and used the DWC bucket for turkey target practice....hydro just isnt for me i guess, especially when answers to problems are hard to come by, or Im having problems never before conceived.
      I like dirt. :thedude:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #648181 - 11/27/12 05:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I really like dirt as well.  Although hydro has treated me well.

I'm really curious as to what may have been causing the pH rise.  Bad plastic?  Something with the air that was being pumped?  I dunno.  I'm racking my brain, but can't think of what would cause this.  Although I am curious what would have happened if you had turned it into a recirculating system, what would have happened.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

#648188 - 11/27/12 09:19 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Right on bro! I've been down the same road from hydro to dirt. Not only do I like dirt but weeds like dirt too.
"I don't know about you but I never seen no plants growin' outta no toilet." - Idiocracy

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

Edited by NameInUse (11/27/12 09:20 AM)

Astro-Biologist
Male

Re: DWC question [Re: NameInUse]
    #648748 - 11/30/12 07:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NameInUse said:
Right on bro! I've been down the same road from hydro to dirt. Not only do I like dirt but weeds like dirt too.
"I don't know about you but I never seen no plants growin' outta no toilet." - Idiocracy

love that movie!

--------------------

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#648759 - 11/30/12 10:45 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

thelivingfreekshow said:
Quote:

NameInUse said:

love that movie!

So true OP.

I think that everyone should see at least the opening sequence:

Good luck with the root problem.

JD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder