Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebaddagger
Stranger
Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred)
    #648691 - 11/29/12 09:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hey was wondering if anybody would know were I could get my hands on pure panama red strain.. that has not been cross bred or anything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: baddagger]
    #648696 - 11/29/12 10:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

good luc
old strains liek that are hard to find or phased out all together.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #648700 - 11/29/12 10:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, you'd have to find somebody who kept a clone from the 70's or 80's...prob not gonna happen unless Magash has kept a plant for 30 years :rofldrunk:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinebaddagger
Stranger
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #648706 - 11/29/12 10:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: baddagger]
    #648708 - 11/29/12 10:55 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Not the original.  Just cashing in on the name.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinebaddagger
Stranger
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #648712 - 11/29/12 11:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well what would be the diff? is it the same strain just been breed a lot? or would there be different strains mixed in? or would it be some total other strain that has nothing to do with panama red but just called that?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #648720 - 11/29/12 11:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The last one.
Panama Red was popular in the 60's and 70's, and cannabis popularity declined significantly in Panama in the '80's due to the massive profits being generated by cocaine production. 
That's why Stoney said you'd be lucky to find it.
As far as I know, the strain is not bred commercially (both for the reasons above, and the fact that 100% sativas like Panama Red are not considered commercially viable due to their extremely long flowering time, AND the fact that Indica dominant strains and/or hybrids are significantly more in demand), so the only way to find it would be to locate a grower who has kept a clone of it, or who grew it out for breeding purposes but did not cross it with any other strain (both of which are possible, but you would have to know a guy who knows a guy).

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinebaddagger
Stranger
    #648726 - 11/30/12 12:17 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

damn that sucks...  Well just wondering would u know of any strains out there that is almost pure? or a strain that has been breed with another strain but is almost like it.. cause the person who im going to be a caregiver for wants that strain.. so if I can find a pure strain if I can find something that is like it ..for the type of high and taste and smell I think he would be up for that

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #648727 - 11/30/12 12:22 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Look at some of the Mr. Nice hazes...Neville's Haze would be a 100% sativa with similar effects; racy, tachycardic, buzzy high.
Be ready though, you're gonna be flowering for 120 days!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #648728 - 11/30/12 12:37 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Mr. Nice carries a few 100% Sativas, and if you don't want to spend quite that much on seeds, you could check out ACE seeds.
They use a lot of landrace genetics and have some solid sativa offerings.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinebaddagger
Stranger
    #648729 - 11/30/12 12:53 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I don't mind spending the money if it gets him what he wants.. prity much right now all I care about is finding a strain that would as closely possible the same as panama red

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #648731 - 11/30/12 01:16 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well not having been alive when it was around, I can't help you out with that.
Maybe one of the old-timers will roll in here with some suggestions.:shrug:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #648736 - 11/30/12 02:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Magash is the only who around here that can tell you if it' even remotely possible to find.  Which I highly doubt. 

I think you need to let your patient know that what they want has basically been extinct for 20 plus years.  Find something heavy on the sativa side and to be happy with it.  Demanding a strain that old is completely unreasonable.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineelaspeinreason
his serene highness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington DC
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #648757 - 11/30/12 09:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

havent heard anything about this strain in years.. and even the last time i heard it mentioned it was only in reference to how long its been missing. I think this was bred into multiple things, anyone got a good writeup on strain history??

--------------------
हम सब एक है ~ We Are All One
The ultimate source of happiness, successful life, is within ourselves. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

Offlinebaddagger
Stranger
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #648766 - 11/30/12 11:30 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

he was not demanding it, just asked me to see if I could find it.. and I figured if I could then why not

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #648798 - 11/30/12 02:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Go to Pananama.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: mhbound]
    #648800 - 11/30/12 02:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:lolsy:

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #834278 - 10/13/18 02:02 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Magash is the only who around here that can tell you if it' even remotely possible to find.  Which I highly doubt. 

I think you need to let your patient know that what they want has basically been extinct for 20 plus years.  Find something heavy on the sativa side and to be happy with it.  Demanding a strain that old is completely unreasonable.

I would have to disagree with this.
I currently have some Panama red flower.
I am a medical marijuana patient as my name implies.
My caregiver is growing this right now, along with many other strains.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

OfflineTigstar82
Stranger
Re: Would anybody know were i can find Panama red (uncross bred) [Re: cannabispatient]
    #834281 - 10/14/18 05:44 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cannabispatient said:
Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:

I would have to disagree with this.
I currently have some Panama red flower.
I am a medical marijuana patient as my name implies.
My caregiver is growing this right now, along with many other strains.

Only 6 years too late lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules