Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMafeki
Stranger
Large scale commercial aeroponics, pot farm?
    #644709 - 11/07/12 09:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Would this be practical to start a commercial indoor, several stories, few acres, pot farm using aeroponics or how would you do it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Large scale commercial aeroponics, pot farm? [Re: Mafeki]
    #644713 - 11/07/12 10:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, uh.  That's a pretty big topic.  They're are so many ways to go about that type of thing.

First question.  How much experience growing do you have?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMafeki
Stranger

Re: Large scale commercial aeroponics, pot farm? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #644715 - 11/07/12 11:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

non-whatsoever, though I've been interested in aeroponics, I know what it is and how it works. Though, what I figure I could do is get a loan, or figure some investments, or maybe low-budget project this crap, just to get things going, then improve from there. You know one of those high risk, make it or break it deals.

I have some questions, but it's more about during the drying process, I read that when you dry cannabis plants, they'll send all the remaining nutrients it has to the bud enriching it, so my question is could in increase that enriching process by spraying them like aeroponics but not nearly as often so it'll lengthen the drying process making the bud awesome?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #644716 - 11/07/12 11:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, everything about that second paragraph is wrong.  When you dry pot you kill the plant, trim it, then hang it upside down to dry.

Growing weed isn't as simple as throwing plants in a system and voila!  You have pounds and pounds.  It takes practice, and research, and patience.  I suggest you start out with a light or two at home and go from there.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMafeki
Stranger

#644719 - 11/08/12 12:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I had people tell me that IRL that swear they grew pot before, though I guess that doesn't mean shit. They said when you hang it upside down that's when the bud get enriched.

I'd rather hire someone like you to come do all that for me, any logical business man/entrepreneur would do it, right? I'm only trying to get general insight on it until I'm done with school.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #644720 - 11/08/12 12:51 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What they're saying isn't really an accurate portrayal of how drying works. 

There are people out there running businesses, where all they do is setup grow rooms.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #644732 - 11/08/12 03:54 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mafeki said:
I had people tell me that IRL that swear they grew pot before, though I guess that doesn't mean shit. They said when you hang it upside down that's when the bud get enriched.

I'd rather hire someone like you to come do all that for me, any logical business man/entrepreneur would do it, right? I'm only trying to get general insight on it until I'm done with school.

Maybe what they meant to say was that proper drying and curing of the bud is what brings the flavor out.

No matter how much you paid for the setup you won't just be able to buy the equipment and expect it to do everything for you. There is much more to gardening than how you feed your plants.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMafeki
Stranger

Re: Large scale commercial aeroponics, pot farm? [Re: phychotron]
    #644821 - 11/08/12 04:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I wouldn't ever start a project without knowing absolutely everything I could know, I usually learn about it then start to respect the work involved and will forget about it.
So if you guys were to hypothetically start your own commercial pot farm would you grow it in dirt, or what, hypothetics was the purpose of making this thread not literal ambitions.

That's what I would probably do, contract a firm to setup everything for me.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #644825 - 11/08/12 04:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well I would be growing for at least a couple of years before starting an endeavor like that.

But that's a lot of personal preference.  I would be torn, currently I grow in soil.  But you need to be able to dispose of it after each grow. Not the same with hydroponics.  Just empty the res into your drains.  You also need to think about the logistics of timing and watering everything.....Soooo much to get into with this man.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

#644852 - 11/08/12 06:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

For any large scale operation I would work toward self-sustainability, probably with an aquaponics set up.
To echo Hawk, I personally wouldn't want to give up dirt but there would be so much waste.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

OfflineMafeki
Stranger

Re: Large scale commercial aeroponics, pot farm? [Re: NameInUse]
    #644871 - 11/08/12 08:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I don't get why you guys think person experience is necessary sure it couldn't hurt but I bet there's nothing that couldn't be learn without experience. I'm sure not every doctor has treated every kinds of bronchitis but I'm sure they know how, shit 95% of what doctors know is from textbooks.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #644873 - 11/08/12 08:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Because you could end up with whole crops failed.  And to start off with that large of a grow, which costs a shit ton to setup, you would be loosing tens of thousands of dollars a month.  You need to know how to grow.  There's no shortcuts around that.

I've think this way because I've been growing for 8 years.  I have first hand experience.  I help setup grow rooms and watch people fail, even when they have done their research.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMafeki
Stranger

#644874 - 11/08/12 08:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:feelsbatman:

okay, I guess ill rely on a agriculturist/hydroculture whatever someone knowledgeable.

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
    #644878 - 11/08/12 08:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mafeki said:
:feelsbatman:

okay, I guess ill rely on a agriculturist/hydroculture whatever someone knowledgeable.

hell man, get some books
START SMALL
once you got it figure out,
you'd just be doing it on a bigger scale.
because if you were to sink all that money,
into a massive grow.
only to watch it fail...
you'll be like

:feelsbadman:  :megacrankey:  :huxleyfacepalm:  :megacrankey:  :feelsbadman:

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflineMafeki
Stranger

Re: Large scale commercial aeroponics, pot farm? [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #644935 - 11/09/12 01:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That makes sense, lets do this!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #644945 - 11/09/12 04:54 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've been under the lights since 1985. I have 8 what you would call decent size gardens in Cali, 1 in Colo, and 1 in Hawaii and I can safely say that if you believe this
Quote:

I don't get why you guys think person experience is necessary

You're in for a expensive lesson. Very easily 95% or more actually of the people that start growing find out what it's about and give up after the first try. There is a whole lot of growing equipment out-there gathering dust.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: Large scale commercial aeroponics, pot farm? [Re: Magash]
    #644949 - 11/09/12 06:04 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
There is a whole lot of growing equipment out-there gathering dust.

Including my first attempt at growing using aero lol
Granted it was all DIY. The majority of my low priced materials were probably offgassing and I spent most of my time battling root rot. Growing in a complicated system that is almost constantly drenching the roots in a nutrient mist isn't a good setting to try learning about the plant itself. Aero taught me a lot but ultimately I don't ever cross contaminate my grow mediums by hand watering like I did with recirculating nutes.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: Large scale commercial aeroponics, pot farm? [Re: NameInUse]
    #644950 - 11/09/12 06:10 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I switched from a complicated system requiring additional timers and pumps that could fail at any moment (not good for a root system suspended in air) running expensive H&G nutrients to organics in dirt.
Always KISS

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies