Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

Learning what works for you.
    #643455 - 11/04/12 09:17 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So I was just pondering and I felt I’d share, and I felt like cultivation was the best place to do that.
Growing cannabis involves taking risks; this is a fact at least in America. That being said, it seems the majority of first timers fail at exactly that. I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned just by taking risks. Sure, things take a lot longer but you can learn so much by trying shit for yourself.
There is a wealth of knowledge out there but remember that grow shops are full of salesmen and forums are full of (stubborn) opinions and arguments. The majority of people giving advice are regurgitating, much like the same regurgitated anti-drug crap we hear. Lurk around and learn from other growers but apply what you see carefully.
Simple fact is that growing cannabis is not a one-size-fits-all hobby. One can only learn ways to understand the plant’s needs. Grow some controlled, side-by-side comparisons, and ultimately see how your plants act under different conditions. Get all of your eggs out of one basket and have a couple plants to mess with, you aren't ruining any substantial yield aside from the knowledge you could be obtaining.
There are of course the basics, all of which you can read in your copy of Marijuana Horticulture. Let me emphasize that, you need your very own copy of “the bible” by Jorge Cervantes and you need to read it a lot.
I’ve had more fun with this hobby by simply focusing on understanding my plants. I’ve hacked, chopped, starved, burned, etc. all the while maintaining untouched controls because this nonsense taught me first-hand what to look for. I understand my different plants and their different needs. I have a better idea of hydro/soil and how I prefer to apply the different techniques. I know why I mix certain brands of soil. I know why I use certain nutrients. The list goes on and on but the constant is that I learned these things by taking risks.
Have fun, this shit is fun!

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Learning what works for you. [Re: NameInUse]
    #643557 - 11/04/12 04:44 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck