Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineguivanni
Stranger
Just getting started. Any !deas?
    #641212 - 10/20/12 08:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hello,
I am just started off and I want the best opinions on how to grow the best and what strands to grow that have the highest potency. Such as how to setup you're grow room and make a well organized functioning hydroponics system. I had some questions about how to keep the smell to a minimum where it doesn't make the whole house smell like it and look professional and safe from UVs. If anybody could help me in any way I would gladly appreciate it :smile:

Gui

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just getting started. Any !deas? [Re: guivanni]
    #641277 - 10/21/12 03:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well everything you just asked is readily researchable. 

For a hydro system I would look into DWC.  How organized and functioning it is is all up to you man, and how organized and functioning you are.

Smell is going to be controlled with charcoal filters.  I prefer the store bought vs. homemade shit.  I just think  they do a better job.  Don't know what you're talking about in the UV thing.

As far as best strain/potency shit.  Any decent strain you get is going to be potent.  Some are going to yield better than others though, and that's what I would be more concerned about.  And growing good weed with high yields is only going to come through a decent strain, which can take awhile to find the perfect one, and lot and lots and lots of experience.  Don't expect to just jump in the game and be pulling in 2 pounds per 1000 watt light or some shit.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineguivanni
Stranger
Re: Just getting started. Any !deas? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #641507 - 10/23/12 03:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. I've been told that seltzer water is the best to use rather than you're regular tap water.

Thanks for the charcoal filter idea. I'll research it and see what I can come up with.

I've did some outdoor growing and know the basics but hydroponics is a bit new to me. I've never had a system inside before.

Best strand and potency is how you grow it. Also the quality such as looks, smell, and taste is also what I am looking for. I don't expect to figure it out the first time. I will be doing several tests on growing.

I wanted to get some ideas on what nutrients to use to make it grow fast. With what is the healthiest lighting for the plants that is effective growing wise and potency wise.

If you can answer some of these and them maybe go from there on more ideas that'd help.

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: Just getting started. Any !deas? [Re: guivanni]
    #641510 - 10/23/12 03:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

seltzer water? um no.
tap water will do, but distilled or filtered is better.
there are so many different nutrient brands out there.
just go to the local hydro hut and shop around.
as far as light goes go with a HID setup.
metal halide or preferably high pressure sodium
do some research, check out maximum yield magazine online.
you can access all of their past issues.
basically  read, read, read.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale