Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Plant size
    #639107 - 10/03/12 07:24 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So I'm switching from Autopots to Blumats to cut costs and have what seems like a little bit more reliable system. In addition to that, I can use them in any pot I have, not just the ones designed to hold the valve.

I have a 4x6 area and would like to have 12 plants in there, four rows of 3. I also want to keep the plants at around waist-chest height and was hoping for around 2 to 3 oz per plant. I'm going all Coco with Canna Coco A/B and additives. I have 3 gallon rootpots for the setup and think they should do well, as I generally follow the 1 oz per foot tall or gallon container rule. I'm going to be growing Grape god, which is a very short/squat plant, but known to be a heavy yielder. I was wondering if the 3 gallon pots were enough, or if I should consider going to 5 gallon pots? I will do a short veg of 2-4 weeks, more if I do any topping, haven't decided yet.

I just put the one grapegod into flower two days ago, and its looking amazing so far at around 15" tall. It has been through a lot, it was planted right before a major heat wave and was growing very slowly for awhile, but then after I put it into a 5 gallon pot it slowly started coming to life. I took 10 clones off it 8 days ago and stuck them into the aerocloner and they exploded with growth.

I ordered just one seed and was hoping on that. I decided to put it all on a grape god seed, put all my other strains into flower for the last time and want to get a nice uniform garden. I was even going to put the mother plant in and say fuck that one seed if the clones don't take, but then they rooted before I had a chance to put it in the other tent. So it looks like a keeper just on its clone-ability, but the plant itself is so short/dense that I don't know if it will be problematic with PM like I've had in the past with that type of plant.

I may add Northern Lights to the mix, as its suppose to be same height/flower, but that's a future mission.

And so my question is that in order to get 2-3 oz per plant, would the 3 gallon work alright, or should I go with 5? what about topping/training for this plant type? I have 1L air cells with coco that the clones are in now, if I were to stick a blumat into that and let it flower in that container size SOG style, what type of results would you predict? Also, if anyone has experience with blumats, would one valve be able to service a 5 gallon pot?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Plant size [Re: phychotron]
    #639144 - 10/03/12 10:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I would just go with the 5 gallon pots.  The more root space the better.  You should be able to get 2-3 oz per plant no problem, depending on the yield of that strain and conditions etc.

As far as teh topping and what not goes, that really depends on your plant.  Some love it, my Jack strain cant get enough of topping and training, but some others really don't do well with it.  This is why I really push people to keep mothers and grow the same strains out again and again.  You learn what they want etc.  When they want different amounts of nutes at different times and all that shit.  Keep a mother man.  Learn your strains.  It'll benefit you in the long run.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Plant size [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #639335 - 10/06/12 03:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

put it under the t5 for better photo's. those LED are almost impossible to get a good photo under.  day 5 of 12/12

family portrait. All 10 of the lower branches i took off rooted like crazy. One will be the next mother plant. Some will be topped, some all natural.

I might end up making a grow log but will probably just do a recap at the end. We'll see. This is like the official "do over" in my garden. New tent, new watering system, new plant, newtrients :wink: and I'm still down a few critical things, like a pH meter after dropping the 10$ hong kong ebay special in the res tank. right now its down to my ability to distinguish yellow, using the drops. I kind of have it down, but I've never had anything to compare it to. I also need an environment controller with temp and humidity. I'm thinking the sentinal ev2 looks like the best choice not just my budget but also the functionality. I like cap controllers, but they make a bunch of different models that do one function, whereas this sentinal is more flexible. Anyone have any experience with sentinal brand controllers? good/bad?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom