Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineanakin3197
Stranger
first grow pics and questions
    #638239 - 09/24/12 10:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hey this is my first grow pics

i know that its small, but its my first go at this, as i think im much better suited for fungi, lol. i went to a local nursery and got a indoor cfl grow light that i thought would be great for indoors. but after 3 months under it, it was only 3 inches tall. i moved it to the a window and it blew up really fast.

right now it sits at the window and seems to be doing good. ups jus dropped off the sun system 150 watt grow light. but i wasnt too sure if i should go ahead and put it under it now or if it would stress it out to much.  so what do you recommend? keep it at the window or put under the light?

o and here is the link for the the light that i got

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-System-Watt-Reflector-Ballast/dp/B00269RWQI

its a 150 watt hps system. any comments, ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: first grow pics and questions [Re: anakin3197]
    #638242 - 09/24/12 11:41 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Put it under the new light.  It looks as if you are over watering that plant.  How often are you watering it?  And are you giving nutrients?  Also, what kind of soil are you growing in?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineanakin3197
Stranger
Re: first grow pics and questions [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #638249 - 09/24/12 11:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

when the soil is dry i water it, i had just watered to today, yes not much nutriets though,  scotts potting soil

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #638250 - 09/25/12 12:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Scotts, might be part of your issue.  What do you mean by dry?  How dry?  Cause the very top might be dry but the rest isnt.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlineanakin3197
Stranger
    #638251 - 09/25/12 12:03 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

pretty dry,

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #638258 - 09/25/12 12:59 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Then I'd say you have some soil with a ton of fertilizer in it that is burning the shit out of your plant.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first grow pics and questions [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #638263 - 09/25/12 05:49 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I recently had an issue with those single point leaves, a friend suggested that they sometime appear when their is a light leak and the plant tries to re-veg. I did actually have occasional light issues at the time.

the only real test of wet/dryness is weight. If it has any weight to it, its got water. When its about to die it will be extremely light. to the point where your thinking "damn, this soil and plant don't actually weight hardly anything"

I'm weary of those household potting soil mixes--most were designed to hold moisture for as long as possible to reduce the need to water house plants constantly. This is not the cycle you need, nor will the plant flourish (rarely at all) in these compact/barky soils. Pick up some Growers Gold soil (not Black Gold, from the people who make sunshine#4)from home depot if they have it--its fairly common to hardware stores as well. Its your basic premium soil that will show you MUCH MUCH better results than a household mix.  If the roots cant grow through the compact soil, the plant wont either. 

Just by looking at your soil, I can tell it is much too "dark" with organic matter and needs much perlite added to it (those white pebbles) to fluff it up. And its not just that, that's just the only thing you can really do with those types of soils until you buy some real soil.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds