Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

First grow, some questions about my seedlings.
    #274802 - 09/03/09 02:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hi all! Been lurking this forum for quite some time now, reading up on everything I could find.

Last week I got my seeds from green house (fem. white widow and fem. himalayan gold). I potted these in a low nutrient soil (for seedlings). They are now coming in on their 6th day since potting.

They white widow is looking fine, but the leafs on the hg is kind of lime greenish. I don't know if this is because of genetics or if I've done something wrong.

I figured that it might be a bit dry, since my humidity is at around 40-50% and temps at 25 (night) to 30 (day) degrees Celsius. Should be noted that I measured the temps on the leafs with an IR-thermometer and they are around 24-27 when the ambient temps are at 30.

I created a small green house for them to get humidity levels up.

Here's some pictures

Himalayan Gold

White Widow

Grow"room" with "greenhouses". I've put straws into them so that I can breath into them giving them some more CO2, increase humidity and circulate the air.

I've got two 125W CFLs in there, one at 2700 and one at 6400.

So, now to my questions:
* Did I do the right thing to put these ugly plastic bags over them, or should I remove them?
* Is the yellowing/lime greening on the white widow anything to worry about, or just genetics?
* Should I perhaps turn the flower-light off, and only use the blue-spectrum one for now? That would lower the temps quite a bit I would guess. Just figured they would want as much light as possible.

All input is very appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by shrogrow (09/03/09 07:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: First grow, some questions about my seedlings. [Re: shrogrow]
    #274849 - 09/03/09 07:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You can remove the flowering light, and move the cfl's within a couple inches of the leaves, just keep the air circulating with a fair exhaust for any heat build up. The coloration is normal, as long as one doesn't fade daily.

And TAKE THE PLASTIC OFF OF IT! Just make sure the kids are staying hydrated, they're not mushrooms in a fruiting chamber. The will be fine, they are weeds. High grade weeds but weeds none th less.

And good luck! Just let them grow. They will be fine if you don't finger fuck :drysmash:them to death!

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Re: First grow, some questions about my seedlings. [Re: jwes420]
    #274851 - 09/03/09 07:51 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, thanks for your advice. I'm an old mushroom grower, so I guess I got a bit carried away with the humidity :wink:

The plastic is off now and the 2700K-CFL is unplugged. This should cool the space down to about 26C.

Any suggestions on when I should plug the 2700K-CFL in again? Is it just a waste of energy to use it along with the 6400-CFL (both 125W) during veg.?

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

#274867 - 09/03/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You canCheck out these cfl grows. These were vegged with 2, (later 3), 6500k bulbs 65watt bulbs. They were planted in an MG/peat/plain soil mix w fox farm nutes in 8" pots. The chamber used a cpu fan as an air inlet, placed low-fanning horizontally across the kids, and a 4" walmart fan opposite, placed high for exhaust. They should be done in a month or so. And theeeen....:ganja:

You can put some bricks or something under your kids and adjust as they grow. CFL's can be within an inch, keep the air directed to disperse any heat and just keep an eye out for leaf burning, and monitor faster dehydration.

Flowering can be started as soon as the plant is supporting itself. Word is,that a safe time to start, is after the nodes start alternating growth instead of sprouting in opposite pairs. I've seen a soil grow that was flowered at about 14 inches, in a tiny grow box with 4 or 5 small cfl's. The shit looked killer! It is on youtube!

I saw you're using a low soil mix. Is the other part perlite or something?

By the way, I just finished some flushes of some Ecuador and Creeper cakes.:mushroom2: Yes, my virgin grow, But they were beautiful none the less. These were my first kids born-:grin: 

--------------------

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

#274871 - 09/03/09 09:59 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

My lights came back on about an hour ago, and the temps are now down to 27C with a RH of 46%. The top of the plants are about 5cm from the light now and they have a surface temperature of 28-29 degrees.

I've got a fan blowing a soft breeze on them 24/7.

Got myself a growlog here now http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/274864

[edit]
That's some fine looking shrooms you've got there btw :dancingshroom:

Edited by shrogrow (09/03/09 12:15 PM)

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

#274925 - 09/03/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

My lights came back on about an hour ago,

What light cycle are you using?

--------------------

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

#275098 - 09/04/09 12:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

18/6

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag