Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreenShaman
Stranger
Male

Loc: Pluto
NOO! WHY!? Disease???
    #629731 - 06/28/12 01:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ok... so pH levels were a bit high,

symptoms were lower leaves turning bright green then falling off.  Top of the plant covered in small yellow spots/holes (size proportionate to the corresponding fan leaf).

Initially thought it might be not enough N so I gave it N,
that turned out to be a mistake, I fried some leaves.

Then I thought it must be the pH, so I added 1/4 of a cup of distilled vinegar to distilled water and watered the plants.

Now:

Both plants stand roughly 6 nodes up, then turn bluish pale green and slump over.  The leaves have shriveled.  I tried to flush them yesterday but nothing helped.

Everything is dead after all this work???? I have one plant left that I topped and I noticed that the cut looks almost BLACK is this something that could be killing my plants?

--------------------
:wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: NOO! WHY!? Disease??? [Re: GreenShaman]
    #629732 - 06/28/12 01:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A 1/4 cup vinegar?  You probably fed the water with a pH of about 2.

You fried your plants.

This is why I told you to check you pH BEFORE YOU WATER YOUR PLANTS, AND AFTER YOU ADD ANYTHING TO THE WATER.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
    #629754 - 06/28/12 03:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GreenShaman said:

symptoms were lower leaves turning bright green then falling off.  Top of the plant covered in small yellow spots/holes (size proportionate to the corresponding fan leaf).

Then I thought it must be the pH, so I added 1/4 of a cup of distilled vinegar to distilled water and watered the plants.

Now:

Both plants stand roughly 6 nodes up, then turn bluish pale green and slump over.  The leaves have shriveled.  I tried to flush them yesterday but nothing helped.

Everything is dead after all this work???? I have one plant left that I topped and I noticed that the cut looks almost BLACK is this something that could be killing my plants?

how are you checking your PH?
or are you just winging it?
i added a 1/4 cup of vinegar.
to what, a gallon of water?
or the soil directly?
well then, what was the PH of that water that you fed to your babies?
if you don't have the proper tools for the job i.e. a PH test kit,proper PH adjusting kit.
your grows will be failures!!
that stuff is really cheap, and means the difference between success and failure.
the sooner people figure this out, the better off they will be.
not trying to be a dick bro.
just wanna let everyone know that you need the right stuff for the task.
lemon juice and vinegar might work in a pinch, but you shouldn't use it regularly.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflineGreenShaman
Stranger
Male

Re: NOO! WHY!? Disease??? [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #630188 - 07/02/12 08:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

the water then soil

they were originally 7.5 i thnk

:frown:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #630234 - 07/03/12 09:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Seriously dude, give more information.  Elaborate.  You're still not being clear whatsoever.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineGreenShaman
Stranger
Male

Re: NOO! WHY!? Disease??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #630237 - 07/03/12 09:30 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sorry,

I mixed in the distilled vineger into the water,

My shitty pH meter was telling me that the plants soil was 7.5 I couldn't test the water cause it broke before I could, I added 1/4 of a cup to roughly 4 cups of water (i think though it was a while ago)

there is only one plant that survived and it did seem that the vinegar helped it (now the leaves only curl just a little bit... so I'm not to freaked out about the nute issues...

i think with the plant that survived (weird b/c it had the least amount of dirt in it)
was given more like 1/8th to a 1/16th of the distilled vinegar...

oh i added Potash too so that may have had an effect on the pH I didn't take into account

I'm sorry hawk i just am so bummed... these were only for personal consumption so my stash is pretty much gone now

--------------------

OfflineGreenShaman
Stranger
Male

Re: NOO! WHY!? Disease??? [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #630239 - 07/03/12 09:33 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

brainsOplenty said:
Quote:

GreenShaman said:

Now:

how are you checking your PH?
or are you just winging it?
i added a 1/4 cup of vinegar.
to what, a gallon of water?
or the soil directly?
well then, what was the PH of that water that you fed to your babies?
if you don't have the proper tools for the job i.e. a PH test kit,proper PH adjusting kit.
your grows will be failures!!
that stuff is really cheap, and means the difference between success and failure.
the sooner people figure this out, the better off they will be.
not trying to be a dick bro.
just wanna let everyone know that you need the right stuff for the task.
lemon juice and vinegar might work in a pinch, but you shouldn't use it regularly.

yeah i know I've been searching my area for days looking for pH strips but I couldn't find any.... pet stores, home depot etc.....

i finnally caved in and bought a 20 dollar electronic pH meter and the fucking thing broke after two uses :frown:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #630241 - 07/03/12 09:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah it was the vinegar that killed them.  You can't just go throwing in random things willy nilly and expect a good out come.  We've been telling you to get proper nutrients and pH up and down this entire time for a reason.  I may be coming off as a dick, but this is the truth.

A little investment and research goes a long way in any hobby.  And it didn't seem like you were willing to do much of either.

I posted this a number of times.  Less than 20 bucks and comes with pH up and down.

http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=722080

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineGreenShaman
Stranger
Male

Re: NOO! WHY!? Disease??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #630246 - 07/03/12 09:49 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Yeah it was the vinegar that killed them.  You can't just go throwing in random things willy nilly and expect a good out come.  We've been telling you to get proper nutrients and pH up and down this entire time for a reason.  I may be coming off as a dick, but this is the truth.

A little investment and research goes a long way in any hobby.  And it didn't seem like you were willing to do much of either.

I posted this a number of times.  Less than 20 bucks and comes with pH up and down.

http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=722080

Nah you're not being a dick.  You are 100% right.... next time I'm going to order all fox farms online before I even touch the seeds.

This grow has been difficult,

and thankyou for reposting, I'm going to buy that now

Edited by GreenShaman (07/03/12 09:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals