Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAgent00
Kickin it for Christ

The importance of intelligence?
    #62789 - 06/20/08 11:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Alright well I have a few things I need to say about religion spirituality and evolution.

All animals have a selfish predisposition toward themselves and there families.  Now humans share the same trait think about it racism, disdain for the animal kingdom and feeling the need to separate our selves from nature.  It is natural for an an animal to feel this and for humans it can be described as feeling superior.

All of the major world religions place an importance on intelligence and most on the human race.  Why?  tell me what makes you think that intelligence is important at all besides the fact that it aides us in survival?  All this talk about an intelligent deity or life after death. What makes you think that our consciousness is of any importance at all?

My theory, it is a simple leap from animal selfishness into a more complex consciousness nothing more than a tool for survival that was expanded by our minds.

Tell me if you are actually reading this.  What if we arnt special?  What if there is no God no spirits no life after death or universal significance for life or DNA or molecular bonding?  What if it is just physics and that is it the universal truth the God we search for nothing but physics.  psychedelics help you transcend thought and I believe this is the ultimate transcendence the acceptance of your own flawed consciousness.

I know that was not a growery type post but :shrug: Well see you guys later I'm going to go get fucked up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: The importance of intelligence? [Re: Agent00]
    #62791 - 06/20/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It's hard to grasp the concept of the human psyche evolving out of nowhere.  It's even harder to fathom it's relationship to psychedelics. How fractals are mathematic equations we all have ingrained.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (06/20/08 11:50 PM)

InvisibleToiletduk
Head Goon

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: The importance of intelligence? [Re: Agent00] * 1
    #62792 - 06/20/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think we evolved intelligence to figure out toilet paper and how a heat a place to shit. This has been the main thrust of civilization for 10,000 years.

--------------------

OfflineTheMantis
Convivialist
Male

Loc: Bay Area, California
Re: The importance of intelligence? [Re: Toiletduk]
    #62844 - 06/21/08 02:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Intelligence is misused. Anytime there is a scientific leap forward, the first thing the masses use that information for is war. We have guns and bombs, but we're still monkeys.

Our progress into the digital age is important. Just wait until fiber optics completely replace the wire. The world will be moving at such a rapid speed it'll be unfathomable.

But eventually, if us talking monkey's can keep our heads straight long enough, we can be intergalactic and leave the nest.

The pox on religion. Religion doesn't adulate intelligence. It promotes Fundamental shallow-headed retrogression and should be considered a wasteful step backwards.

The study of religion however, I think is very important. I just don't think practicing it is a good use of your time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order