Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

The Doctor & TNT Kush [Indoor Hydro] - July 27, 2012 - Drying and Curing * 1
    #621109 - 05/02/12 09:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Grow 2.0 Outline

Grow Medium:      Rockwool, Hydroton
Grow Style:      RDWC
Nutrients:        General Hydroponics Flora Series
Additives:        General Hydroponics CaliMagic, Rapid Start, & pH Down
                        Fox Farm's Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching
Water:            Reverse Osmosis
Veg Light:        216w T5  - 6500K - 20,000 Lumens
Flower Light:    400w HPS - 2100K - 50,000 Lumens

Strain:    The Doctor
Breeder:    Green House Seed Company

Strain:    TNT Kush
Breeder:    Eva Seeds

Germination

I germinated each seed in 1.5" rockwool cubes soaked in RO water at a pH of 6.0 - I have a Sun Blaze 44 T5 light set up with two of the four bulbs in for the seedling stage. I'll put the other two bulbs in when the plants really start taking off.

April 27, 2012

This is my first time using rockwool, so I kind of screwed up this next part a little bit, but it's cool. Everything is fine. A few days after germination, each cube had a nice white root coming out of the bottom of the cube, so I soaked two 4" rockwool cubes in RO water with General Hydroponics Rapid Start, a rooting enhancer. I should have waited for more roots, but I can't turn back now.

May 2, 2012 - Day 10

I put the 2 bulbs back into the light. Both seedlings are looking good. They're both starting to work on the second set of bladed leaves. I think I should have waited to give the plants any of the Rapid Start. Each plant is showing [different] signs of nutrient burn. Not too thrilled about this. This is my first time with rockwool and hydro, so I blame my own ignorance.

The Doctor (left) TNT Kush (right)

May 7, 2012 - Day 15

Last night I put The Doctor into the DWC with 2.5 gallons of water and 1/8th strength nutrients. The TNT Kush only got 1/4 strength Rapid Start.

The Doctor: TNT Kush:

May 13, 2012 - Day 21

My plants are 3 weeks old today, so I thought I would upload some pictures to show the progression. The pH rises every day or two, so I usually have to go in and add a half ml to 1ml pH down to get back to ~6.0, also have top top off the buckets with fresh RO water every few days to get the water level back to where it should be.

The TNT Kush has a bunch of roots coming out of the net pot which are now floating in the nutrient solution (with air stone) The roots really blew up overnight!!! I'm guessing that's the Rapid Start doing its thing. I have about twice as many coming out of the bottom today than I did yesterday. Pretty amazing! The Doctor still doesn't have any visible roots, which is kind of strange compared to the TNT Kush. I'm guessing now that the Kush's root system is really starting to establish itself, the plant is really going to start taking off.

May 16, 2012 - Day 24

My plants are looking pretty good, especially the TNT Kush. It's been about a week since I put my first nutrient solution together, so I decided to go ahead and change the water out and bump up the nutrients. Before I did that though, I dumped 1 gallon of RO water through each net pot in an attempt to flush any built up salts. I'm using the Flora Series early-veg feed schedule at half strength.

The Doctor: TNT Kush: My Setup:

May 18, 2012 - Day 26

A day or two ago I noticed the same spotting on my 3rd set of bladed leaves on my TNT Kush. I knew I had to do something quick. I'm still not exactly 100% sure on the deficiency, but I'm guessing it's magnesium. I'm using RO water, so it only makes sense. I can't wait to have that CaliMagic in hand. As soon as I get it, I'm switching the water out and adding it in. The way I fixed it before was upping the nutrients, but I'll feel a lot more comfortable knowing I'm adding something to prevent a specific problem, while hopefully not creating a new one...

So to fix the problem today, I first made a bigger problem! I decided to go full strength "Early Growth" and quickly saw bad results. I drained the bucket, flushed the system, then went back to half strength of the "Seedling" feed schedule. So the Kush is getting a quarter of the nutrients as The Doctor just to be safe. It hasn't shown any signs of nutrient burn or anything, but then again, the roots aren't in the water yet. I'm going to do the same thing to The Doctor as I did with the TNT Kush just to be safe. This way I can tell if the plant needs nutrients or has too much, and if it has a lockout, flushing it will fix it.

Spots start like this: Progresses to this: And eventually this:

May 20, 2012 - Day 28

Earlier today I decided to use the FIM technique on both plants for this grow. First time trying it, so I hope I did it right! I'm 4 weeks in today.

May 26, 2012 - Day 34

The Doctor looks fucking beautiful!!! It's getting slightly less nutrients than the TNT Kush. That plant has been a lot more sensitive to the nutrients I'm giving it. The Doctor on the other hand looks almost perfect, in my opinion. No nutrient burn or anything. The stem is a lot thicker than on the Kush. If I can get my hands on an inline fan, I plan on putting up my 400 watt HPS and dropping the light to 12/12. I'm not trying to get too big of plants. I'm sure I'll end up with a nice harvest with the size the plants will be next week when I change the light cycle.

May 31, 2012 - Day 39

A few days ago, I took my T5s down and put up my 400w HPS. Tomorrow is day 40 and I'm flipping the light to 12/12 to start flowering.

Flowering

June 1, 2012 - Day 40 - Flowering Day 1

I finally got the replacement glass for my reflector today. So happy!!! I put the glass in and lowered the reflector to about 18" or so from the top of the plants. Super fuckin excited to see how the Doctor shoots up over the next couple weeks.

June 7, 2012 - Day 46 - Flowering Day 7

I changed the nutrient solution, and decided to try out the Lucas Formula. I added 20mL of Micro and 40mL of Bloom to each bucket. The plants have been having some nutrient deficiencies this last week, so I hope this fixes it. Also hoping this doesn't cause a problem... I measured The Doctor before flowering, and today, and it appears it grew about 7 inches over the first week, so about 1 inch a day. Not bad if you ask me!

June 13, 2012 - Day 52 - Flowering Day 13

Changed nutrient solution. Sticking with the Lucas Formula since it seems to be doing the job pretty well. I have pistils on both plants so I decided to start giving both plants some Beastie Bloomz to make the buds start to blow up. After mixing all my nutrients up, I went to check the pH and it ended up being dead on, exactly 5.5 so I didn't have to touch it after mixing everything! I love it. I have a good feeling about this. :smile:

June 14, 2012 - Day 53 - Flowering Day 14

June 21, 2012 - Day 60 - Flowering Day 21

I bought a Bluelab Truncheon today, so now I can get a way better idea of what's going on in my nutrient solution. Now I'm learning all about PPM and EC. Going from the Green House Seed grow videos, at this point in flowering their solution is pH 5.5 and EC 1.8.

The EC is 2.5 in the Doctor and about 2.7 in the TNT Kush. So, yea, I'm going to do the obvious and make new solutions for both plants. Shooting for the same 1.8 as the grow videos. Glad I decided to pick it up!

June 28, 2012 - Day 67 - Flowering Day 28

So I found a bunch of pollen sacks growing on The Doctor a couple days ago. I was pretty pissed off since I only have 2 plants, and it happened on the bigger one of the two. I went through the plant and picked off every single pollen sack that I could find, then went through it again the next day and picked off a few more. I did what I could!

The Doctor
TNT Kush     Tent Shot

July 5, 2012 - Day 74 - Flowering Day 35

Today is the end of the 5th week of flowering

The Doctor   

TNT Kush   

July 10, 2012 - Day 79 - Flowering Day 40

I flushed both plants with pH 6.0 RO water and then mixed up a new nutrient solution. I cut Flora Gro out of the solution in both plants and switched from Beastie Bloomz to Cha Ching. Using a little bit more Flora Micro and Bloom, and also using CaliMagic for both plants. I'm keeping it at pH 5.8 and EC 1.7. Both plants are sucking up nutrients pretty quick. The Doctor is definitely starting to smell good. Very citrusy and fruity. The TNT Kush is somewhat piney and peppery. I'm sure the smell will become much more apparent in the next week.

July 12, 2012 - Day 81 - Flowering Day 42

Today is the end of week 6, start of week 7!!! No talk, just some pictures.

The Doctor:

TNT Kush:

July 19, 2012 - Day 88 - Flowering Day 49

Today is end of the 7th week. I changed my mind and I'm going to run both plants for 8 weeks and then harvest. I looked at the trichomes last night and The Doctor has about half cloudy half clear, and the TNT Kush is pretty much all cloudy. I'm going to harvest next Thursday or Friday when I have time. Today I started flushing the plants with Advanced Nutritens Final Phase. I'll switch to plain RO in a couple days when I change the nutrient solution.

Harvest

July 24, 2012 - Day 93 - Flowering Day 54

After 6 days of flushing, I harvested the TNT Kush today. I'm guessing it's going to be anywhere from 1-2 ounces.

July 25, 2012 - Day 94 - Flowering Day 55

After 55 days of flowering The Doctor, and 7 days of flushing, I finally harvested her. The trichomes were mostly cloudy, I would have let it go another week or 2 if I could have, but I needed to break the grow down sooner than I thought. I had to trim the plant by hand, and it took me from 7:20 PM to 4AM to get the entire plant trimmed with a few breaks in between. My help bitched out, so I did it all by myself, just like the entire grow! Pretty proud of what I was able to pull off.

Here's a few pictures I took while trimming and whatnot the other night. I almost forgot to say, this plant smelled like straight up dank Skittles/Trix while I was trimming it. I'd say I did a pretty good job for my first hydro grow.

The front row is TNT Kush, the middle and back row are The Doctor.

Will update with dry weight and pictures in a few days.

July 27, 2012

The TNT Kush is dry and ready to start curing. I cut all the buds off the stems, weighed, and split up into 2 mason jars.

Total weight: 57.9 grams

Edited by Pilze (07/27/12 03:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebmac420
Realist

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Pilze]
    #621111 - 05/02/12 10:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

hey man- nice setup.  was looking at your past grow.  noticed that your plants had like zero fan leaves toward the last flush/harvest.  the only thing I could discover in the thread is that you said you cut some dead leaves.  were all your bottom fan leaves dead? 

heres my current grow:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/612565

let me know....if I can get rid of some of the massive leaves down below I will....
thanks bro.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: bmac420]
    #621117 - 05/02/12 10:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i cant remember cutting the leaves, but i remember going through once or twice and popping off any of the leaves that would easily come off. and by that, i mean, i went through and with 1 finger/thumb i would bend the leaf down, and if it popped off or broke, it came off, if it just bent, i left it on. it's been a long time now, i can't remember EXACTLY what i did. which is why i like making grow logs like this.

i was looking through your grow yesterday actually. your plants looks beautiful! doesn't look like your first grow... i honestly don't know too much about growing to feel comfortable enough to tell you what to do with your plants. i would ask a trusted cultivator before doing anything.

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#621126 - 05/02/12 11:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks man.  Its not my first time being part of a grow, but that was years ago in another part of the country and I was only a partner in it.  so yea first time independent grow.
I gotcha on not remembering....those plants from your last grow were f'in gorgeous. And the one thing i noticed was the lack of big fan leaves.  but i figured if your plants looked like that near harvest, i needed to do EXACTLY what you did hah :smile:

good luck on this grow- ill be checkin up on ya!

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: bmac420]
    #622523 - 05/14/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

daaamn. once the roots hit the nutrient solution, the plant really starts to take off!!! 2 days ago i had half a dozen roots coming out of the net pot of my kush plant. i woke up the next day and checked out the roots again out of curiosity, and the number of visible roots had at LEAST doubled, and some of them are covered in tiny little root hairs shooting out horizontally from the main roots.

the doctor didnt seem to have any visible roots, so im hoping i see something today. i have a feeling both plants are about to start going crazy!!! i cant wait.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#623108 - 05/16/12 09:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

a little update with a few pictures

edit: sorry its not too exciting yet...

Edited by Pilze (05/16/12 10:01 PM)

Offlineviper33802

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Pilze] * 1
    #623922 - 05/22/12 04:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Pilze,
I am in the middle of my first DWC grow. I have a few questions about your setup if you don't mind.

How big of a reservoir are you using for the two plants?
I am using a 5gal bucket system & I have to add almost a gallon a day to my girl in flower. Due to that I am changing my solution about every 4 days.

Why use top feed for the DWC?
Right now I am not using top feed but I am considering it so I don't have to worry about the water level as much.

Keep it up man. More pics please

THX

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: viper33802]
    #623924 - 05/22/12 05:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

im using 5 gallon buckets with general hydroponics water farm kits, 10" net pots, hydroton, and one 4" air stone in each bucket.

i have 2.5 gallons of nutrient solution in each bucket.

i'm new to hydro, this is the first attempt. ive grown soil, but decided to move to hydro after seeing one of green house seed companies grow videos. i found a couple of how-to videos about simple hydro systems on youtube and thats what made me decide to make a top drip deep water culture. i feel more comfortable using the drip ring than not. it just makes more sense to me. i might be able to get away with NOT using it, but i want to.

right now im adding almost 1 gallon total between the 2 buckets every 2-3 days.

im expecting pretty much the same thing to happen in flowering that you're experiencing right now. i dont have a RO machine so i'm just going to top the water off when needed, maybe add small amounts of nutrients too depending on how much water the plant is taking in. i'm going to stick to changing the solution once a week until i can afford my own water filter. i say that now but things may change.

Offlineviper33802

#623936 - 05/22/12 06:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

As I mentioned I am new to DWC as well. It was recommended to me by Magash to use Pure Blend Pro Grow & Bloom. The grow has been working great. I am only day 5 into flowering so I can't vouch for the bloom. I have not had any issues with fertilizer burn. It seems easy to use. It is all I have used so I have nothing to compare it to but it might be worth looking at. If you wanna check it out here is what I have so far

First DWC bagseed 400w MH/HPS

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: viper33802] * 1
    #624712 - 05/26/12 07:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

put up a few pictures from tonight. the doctor looks awesome.

also thought id post a picture of another project

PES Amazonian. ive got 3 tubs colonizing right now, and 3 more to make in the next week. :smile:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #624718 - 05/26/12 09:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good man!

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #625105 - 05/29/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

just put up my 400w HPS. got tip burn on both plants so im going to dump the solution and give it less nutes.

looks like the doctor is about to throw out pistils :smile:

edit: holy shit! no joke, its only been a few hours with the HPS on the plants and i ALREADY see new growth in the doctor. that plant is fucking amazing!

Edited by Pilze (05/29/12 08:35 PM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #625127 - 05/29/12 08:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

looking forward to the tnt kush.  those fuckers are gonna explode with the new light!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #625189 - 05/30/12 08:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

HPS is fucking magical. i woke up and my plant (DOC) had very noticeable growth to it... at least 1-2" TALLER than it was last night. its bushing out nicely :smile: the doctor looks fucking awesome. TNT kush is showing some weird nute problem sign. i think i had too much of something locking something else out, but i changed the solution in both buckets last night so that problem should be fixed.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#625435 - 05/31/12 11:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

my first 12 hours of darkness has started. can't wait to see the growth over the next 3 weeks :smile: this is the really exciting part. those green house seed company videos of hydro vs. soil plants are insane! SO EXCITED!!!

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#625829 - 06/03/12 11:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

update

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#625863 - 06/03/12 04:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hell yea cant wait to see how they turn out bud im excited for you

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#625864 - 06/03/12 04:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
put up a few pictures from tonight. the doctor looks awesome.

also thought id post a picture of another project

PES Amazonian. ive got 3 tubs colonizing right now, and 3 more to make in the next week. :smile:

question what is this your growing any good

Offlineviper33802

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #625865 - 06/03/12 05:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

that is a colonized bag of mycelium. He got some shrooms growing.

What strains do you like? In my opinion Penis Envy is the way to go. They are awesome.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: viper33802]
    #625870 - 06/03/12 05:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ive grown:

golden teachers, burma, penis envy, albino a+, pf albino, mazatapec, treasure coast, and ecuador.

PE are awesome. seems like it takes a bit longer to colonize and fruit but its worth it.

i'm hoping to start isolating strains soon. i know how, i just dont have a flow hood. BUT, a friend of mine does :smile:

Edited by Pilze (06/14/12 10:09 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder