Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

How to remove pollen from growth area?
    #624411 - 05/25/12 09:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi there!

I saw a video on YT about hermaphrodites and the guy said that when a female grows pollen sacks, the offspring of that will become female by like 95%.
So if that was the case and I wanted to use the pollen to get 95% female seeds and later on still grow in the same area, how could I remove the pollen afterwards so that the next generation will not be pollinated again?

Greetz.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to remove pollen from growth area? [Re: sidetwist]
    #624430 - 05/25/12 10:32 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

1/5 bleach to water, and clean the shit out of the room.

However hermie pollen makes hermie offspring, not feminized seeds.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: How to remove pollen from growth area? [Re: Stoneth]
    #624607 - 05/26/12 06:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hey ok, maybe you're right, but then I didn't quite get what this guy was saying:

Seems to be a little complicated and according to him it makes a difference if a male or a female plant is herming.

I'd be interested to hear your opinion on that one. :smile:

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
    #624621 - 05/26/12 08:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i've had plants in the past that i left to ripen, which had some buds that produced like 1 or maybe 2 seeds on just a few of the buds.  these plants had no male flowers on them and i wasn't quite sure why it happened. but most of those seeds that were produced turned out to be female, like 80%.
Quote:

Stoneth said:

agreed, bleach water and scrub dat shit.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to remove pollen from growth area? [Re: brainsOplenty] * 1
    #624645 - 05/26/12 12:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

brainsOplenty said:
i've had plants in the past that i left to ripen, which had some buds that produced like 1 or maybe 2 seeds on just a few of the buds.  these plants had no male flowers on them and i wasn't quite sure why it happened. but most of those seeds that were produced turned out to be female, like 80%.
Quote:

Stoneth said:

agreed, bleach water and scrub dat shit.

If there were seeds then you just didn't catch the male flowers that popped up.  Or some pollen came in from out side.  Regardless of how it happened, since you don't know how it got pollinated it doesn't apply to this situation.

OP  I couldn't sit through that video.  WAY to boring.  Dude needs to work on not being monotone.  Here's a post by Magash about how he creates his feminized seeds.

"The proper method is to stress the plants. Water, light, temps, age and so on and try and make the plant show some hermie flowers. Now if the plants show any signs of hermie flowers I chuck them. They had hernie traits in them and I don't want them.

Now the plants that don't give in no matter how much I stress them those are the ones I use to make my seeds from. Now those are the plants that I force with chemicals. Now the process is not a natural one snd should not be done naturally. Example Soma Seeds uses age to get male flowers from their female plants and have a massively high amount of hermies. Other companies like Dutch Passion use Chems but don't stress test the plant so they also have a high rate of hermies.

Now if done right the plants whether you seed the same plant to get female copies or do crosses with the female pollen the rate of hermies is no different then with regular seeds.

All boils down to whether the breeder wanted to do the work or throw the dice."

A plant that is already having a tendency to hermaphrodite out, is going to pass this trait on to it's offspring.  Now while the seeds that you get out of this plant may be a majority female, more than likely these will hermaphrodite out during flowering as well.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: How to remove pollen from growth area? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #624656 - 05/26/12 01:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
OP  I couldn't sit through that video.  WAY to boring.  Dude needs to work on not being monotone. 

Yeah well, must be the reason why I didn't get everything straight, because I also lost track somewhere in the middle.

Anyways, good info!

Greetz

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Edited by sidetwist (05/26/12 03:10 PM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to remove pollen from growth area? [Re: sidetwist]
    #624661 - 05/26/12 01:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sidetwist said:
Hey ok, maybe you're right, but then I didn't quite get what this guy was saying:

Seems to be a little complicated and according to him it makes a difference if a male or a female plant is herming.

He needs to do move research, and clearly has no real understanding of genetics.
Real breeders test the shit out of their plants to avoid using hermies from the start.
Common sense tells us that if a plant has both x and y chromosomes then it will pass both on to it offspring plan and simple.
In feminized breeding we only want the female chromosome.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

#624664 - 05/26/12 01:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

sidetwist said:

He needs to do move research, and clearly has no real understanding of genetics.
Real breeders test the shit out of their plants to avoid using hermies from the start.
Common sense tells us that if a plant has both x and y chromosomes then it will pass both on to it offspring plan and simple.
In feminized breeding we only want the female chromosome.

Okok, I don't know so much about genetics, I just knew there were also some weird patterns of inheritage that are not explainable with only the mendelian theory.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds