Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
Snow Pea Shoot Garlic Chicken * 3
    #623967 - 05/22/12 11:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Snow Pea Shoot and Garlic Chicken

It looks like Spring Time.

I got a bunch of snow pea shoots (yes, just the shoots, not the actual peas) and had NO idea what the fuck to do with them -- so of course I relied on my trusty friend Google to help me out. I found a recipe and decided to make it, with some adds/tweaks. All in all, I think it was pretty successful and I was thoroughly pleased as well and extremely satisfied. This tasted great and I would highly recommend adding the extra ingredients on the list, it really makes a world of difference and I couldn't imagine this dish being made any other way.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 3 teaspoons sesame oil (I doubled this, it was 1 1/2 tsp)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced (I added more garlic because I could)
  • 1 bunch pea shoots, trimmed
  • 13/4 cup chicken broth
  • salt and black pepper to taste

I added:
  • shallots (or onion, whichever)
  • mushrooms (white button, oyster, and baby bella)
  • ginger, minced
  • cherry or grape tomatoes
  • cayenne Pepper
  • Basmati Rice

DIRECTIONS:

Gather your ingredients!!

Trim your greens. In a bowl, toss your chicken in cornstarch and sprinkle with sesame oil. Toss some more until coated evenly.
Start boiling some water and butter in a pot for rice; totally optional but you WILL want rice.

Chop some shit up. I started with my mushrooms since I'm gonna sauté those bitches with my shallots, garlic, and ginger.

Heat up your pan, get it nice and hot and ready to sauté something awesome. Toss your mushrooms and shallots/onions in the
pan and get those babies sweating.

Once your mushrooms are just about cooked (5-30 minutes, it's up to you, I go about 10-15 or so) add half your garlic and all the
ginger. Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. At this point you're going to want to heat up another pan (if you have a wok, fucking use it)
with the vegetable (I used canola) oil. Cook for another 5 minutes or so, be careful not to scorch your garlic.

Your water should be boiling, add rice and lower heat to a simmer; cover and cook for 12-15 minutes. Okay, so that other pan should
be hot and ready to cook some chicken in. This should take maybe 5-10 minutes, enough to brown/cook a bit.

(Now this is where things start going crazy for me, I have 3 things I'm trying to get done at this point and it gets a little confusing.)

My mushrooms are pretty much done, I want to get all the yummy bits stuck to the bottom of the pan up so I'm going to deglaze with
the chicken stock.

Add the other half of the garlic to your chicken and continue to cook until nice and fragrant, another 10 minutes or so. Throw in your
sweet pea shoots and stir until wilted. It looks just like spinach but tastes a billion times better.

Pour in your broth/mushrooms; stir and simmer until the broth thickens. Now is the time to add some tomatoes if you want to. I did
because I'm awesome and I would not have made this without adding them; they added a gorgeous flavour and a ton of colour --
really made this dish aesthetically pleasing as well as delicious.

Rice is done and it should smell like that amazing chinese place down the road minus the MSG in your house. Serve over rice
(if you are cool like me and actually made rice) and ENJOY!

Plus dog.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder