Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
New baby in the house!!!!! * 2
    #620010 - 04/24/12 12:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys. I just gotta brag a little bit! On Saturday morning at 8AM, my wife's water broke (6 days past her due date). Unfortunately, the releasing of her membranes did NOT kick-start labor like it usually does. We tried a few tricks while we waited at home. We did a bit of nipple stimulation to get oxytocin flowing, and when that didn't work, we decided to try masturbation. Orgasming helped a bit, and it started contractions off. Unfortunately, they weren't regular, nor were they strong enough. We waited for 12 hours before we went in to the birthing center, hoping things would start up, but they didn't.

When we got to the birthing center, we sat down with our midwife and went over our options to get things going. Sabrina ended up taking a NASTY cocktail of castor oil, lemon verbena and almond butter, which started contractions after about an hour and a half. But again, they just weren't strong enough or regular enough. And then they just stopped altogether again around 3 on Sunday morning. We waited till 8. Am, and took another lemon verbena/castor oil cocktail, but that didn't even start any contractions.

So, with our herbal options tried and failed, it seemed we were headed for a birth with medical intervention, which we really wanted to avoid. We wanted to go all natural, without pain meds or anything. Unfortunately, my wife's body just didn't want to co-operate. Without strong responses to the herbal methods, we were stuck with pitocin to incude and an epidural for the pain. She tried to go without the epidural, and she did really well. The pitocin started contractions almost right away (around 3 or 4pm on Saturday), but AGAIN they were irregular and infrequent enough. The pitocin drip was slowly increased over the course of the night and the next day.

After about 30-32 hours on pitocin (they kept slowly upping the dosage; started at 2milliunits per minute and ended at 8 by 10pm), the contractions were still too irregular, she was only dialated 2cm and only 25% effaced. So she finally gave in and had an epidural put in, and the pitocin was upped to 24mu/min. This is really what got things going for us. Soon, the wifey's contractions were regular and quite frequent, often only giving her a minute or less between contractions. The rest of Sunday and much of Monday went pretty much the same.

Monday afternoon, Sabrina's contractions suddenly got immensely worse, and I started to think that the transition phase was coming soon. No such luck! Shortly after that, she began to feel the entire contractions, and she realized her epidural had become dislodged and was leaking the fentanyl down her back. So, in the middle of labor, she had to sit up and sit perfectly still (while still contracting) while they re-stuck the catheter into her spine and re-dosed her with another bolus. After that, she was checked, and she was 4cm dialated (I forgot to mention, we had been at only 1cm as of Sunday evening when they had last checked)! I think that was around 7pm that we found this out.

Well, after the second epidural, things started progressing much quicker. I was right about her being in the transition phase. Even after the epi, her contractions were strong enough to put her in severe discomfort with every surge. After a couple more hours of this, Sabrina wanted to get checked again to see how far she had progressed (after 2 and a half days, she REALLY wanted there to be more progress than less than halfway there! Lol). At 11:00, she was 9 cm dialated and almost ready to start pushing!! A bit over an hour of contractions, and she was fully dialated and ready to push! That's when things got hectic!! It only took about 40 minutes of pushing for Jaedyn to crown.

Now we're just re-couperating in the post-natal ward, waiting to be released to go home. I'm soooo anxious to go home and check on my plants! The entire time I agonized over the fact that its a 2.5 hour drive to home and back, and there was no way I was going to leave my baby's side for that long while she's lying there in exruciating pain...

--------------------
My best run so far

Edited by Tank333 (04/24/12 12:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: New baby in the house!!!!! [Re: Tank333]
    #620037 - 04/24/12 05:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Congrats brah

:randy:

InvisibleP-O

Re: New baby in the house!!!!! [Re: DungenessDank]
    #620052 - 04/24/12 07:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

congrats dude,

and your wife has a nice rack :lol:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #620053 - 04/24/12 07:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Congrats

Babies are so cool.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #620057 - 04/24/12 08:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Dude fuck yeah, I'm so happy for you. Congrats!!

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: New baby in the house!!!!! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #620074 - 04/25/12 01:02 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

congrats

OfflineFisherman
Stranger

Re: New baby in the house!!!!! [Re: kyuzo]
    #620079 - 04/25/12 01:49 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

woooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

thats alotta yay :3

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: New baby in the house!!!!! [Re: Fisherman]
    #620092 - 04/25/12 06:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Woooah man congrats!!!!

Pretty sure it changes a man, I hope for you everything will go easy for you man!

:sambergfive:

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: New baby in the house!!!!! [Re: Manitou]
    #620094 - 04/25/12 06:55 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

congrats tank! thats great news :thumbup:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: New baby in the house!!!!! [Re: P-O]
    #620112 - 04/25/12 09:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys! I'll tell you what, this has definitely been an eye-opening week for me! I've barely been home a full a day with our little girl, and already, our daily routine's been drastically changed. The biggest change is our medicating habits. We used to smoke TOUGH! Several bowls a day, plus. 4-6 hash hits each...

Now though, I can't even smoke a full bowl or take one hash hit without feeling too high to be able to take care of the baby... I mean, I want all my wits about me if something goes wrong, ya know? I had thought a week ago that I would be fine at our former rate of consumption. But oh no way! Lol.

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
and your wife has a nice rack :lol:

Yes she does, but you can't really tell that from the pic,  can you? Lol. I mean, there's a little bit of side-boob, but not much, and you gotta REALLY look for it before you'll see the curvature of her skin...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #620132 - 04/25/12 11:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

congrats man!

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: New baby in the house!!!!! [Re: Manitou]
    #620136 - 04/25/12 12:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Picklez said:
congrats man!

Thanks!

Quote:

Gaskelort said:
Woooah man congrats!!!!

Pretty sure it changes a man, I hope for you everything will go easy for you man!

:sambergfive:

Yea, it definitely changed me. I never thought I would feel too high off of just one bowl or one hash hit! But man, UNCOMFORTABLY high is how I was... part of it MAY have been because we were in labor for 65 hours, and only had the chance to medicate a couple of times over those 3 days. We smoked once Saturday night, and one Sunday morning, and then on Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon, I snuck out to smoke a little on my own...

But yea, definite changes comin' around here... :smile:

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder