Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: punkrocker292004]
    #614195 - 03/23/12 10:06 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

punkrocker292004 said:
Quote:

phrostbyte said:
IMO I would have harvested already.  I usually harvest at about
5 - 10 % amber.  Though who I grow for likes it more of a head buzz vs a more sedative buzz.

why do you harvest when there are still clear trichs seems like a waste

When trichs turn Amber the TCH is degrading into CBN Which is a different chemical and actually has different affects than the THC itself.  Some people like the affects of the CBN mixed with the THC.  Hence the 50% 50% ratio.  While others do not. The 50% 50% ratio does not mean "max potency"  which when it comes to cannabis is really a self defined term. 

From what I have learned 50% amber to 50% cloudy is a good baseline to start with and then try.  After it has been tested you can then adjust the harvest time of the strain to suit what the consumer is looking for.  Clear trichs does not mean "wasting"  It would just mean more THC and less CBN in the final product.  Some trichs will be clear while the rest are cloudy leaving little to no CBN in the final product vs waiting till cloudy and amber meaning your mixing about equal THC to CBN in the final product.

Who I grow for smokes all day and still needs to be able to function well through out the day.  They have tried different "ripeness" and prefer earlier harvest as with the later harvest it made them feel more sedated which is caused by the higher amount of CBN.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: phrostbyte]
    #614202 - 03/23/12 10:13 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Also you're buds are still bulking up in this period, so if you harvest to early then you get less yield.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinepunkrocker292004
Stranger

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: phrostbyte]
    #614216 - 03/23/12 10:35 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
Quote:

punkrocker292004 said:
Quote:

phrostbyte said:
IMO I would have harvested already.  I usually harvest at about
5 - 10 % amber.  Though who I grow for likes it more of a head buzz vs a more sedative buzz.

why do you harvest when there are still clear trichs seems like a waste

When trichs turn Amber the TCH is degrading into CBN Which is a different chemical and actually has different affects than the THC itself.  Some people like the affects of the CBN mixed with the THC.  Hence the 50% 50% ratio.  While others do not. The 50% 50% ratio does not mean "max potency"  which when it comes to cannabis is really a self defined term. 

From what I have learned 50% amber to 50% cloudy is a good baseline to start with and then try.  After it has been tested you can then adjust the harvest time of the strain to suit what the consumer is looking for.  Clear trichs does not mean "wasting"  It would just mean more THC and less CBN in the final product.  Some trichs will be clear while the rest are cloudy leaving little to no CBN in the final product vs waiting till cloudy and amber meaning your mixing about equal THC to CBN in the final product.

Who I grow for smokes all day and still needs to be able to function well through out the day.  They have tried different "ripeness" and prefer earlier harvest as with the later harvest it made them feel more sedated which is caused by the higher amount of CBN.

well i was saying clear is a waste because from what i understand clear trichs have less thc then milky or even light amber. i like my weed almost 100% amber. i have yet to get that in harvest, because imm afraid of fuckin it up, because i also have read if you let um go too long it degrades. all my favorite smokes are usually 80-100% amber.

i guess what i'm saying is i'm on the opposite end of that of your patients preference.  I'm also still wondering if that info about clear trichs is correct?

--------------------
on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

MHRB

Offlinethe man

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: Stoneth]
    #614335 - 03/24/12 03:03 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I dunno about that.  My lower buds aren't frostier than the big top buds.

Neither are mine.
This jsut doesn't make much since to me, last I checked planted needed light to do their thing, it's their primary energy source.

ya it is the primary sourse but also limits how long the trichomes get due to rapid evaporation. density down and not as many on leaves obviously but the trichomes get alot longer on lower buds. check out BOGS photos alot are of the lower buds that look extra frosty. I mean this is where the "lights off tek" comes from u guys :smile:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: the man]
    #614339 - 03/24/12 04:16 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah I dont buy it.  I look at the buds that are growing my room right now and the lower buds are NOT frostier.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinethe man

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #614627 - 03/26/12 12:17 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

airy but when ready the trichs are LONGER

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #614630 - 03/26/12 12:44 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

the man said:
Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Neither are mine.
This jsut doesn't make much since to me, last I checked planted needed light to do their thing, it's their primary energy source.

ya it is the primary sourse but also limits how long the trichomes get due to rapid evaporation. density down and not as many on leaves obviously but the trichomes get alot longer on lower buds. check out BOGS photos alot are of the lower buds that look extra frosty. I mean this is where the "lights off tek" comes from u guys :smile:

Again, the lower buds aren't frostier.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinethe man

#614634 - 03/26/12 01:09 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

well its where the idea of turning lights off on widows comes from. take a picture of top cola and take a picture of decent popcorn bud trichs. u will see they are much longer :smile: less evaporation allows teh trichs to get longer like i said. anyway ull notice it one day. all good

peace

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Blue_Moon_Rocks/BOG_Seeds/ example of bog showing off airy buds with long trichs :smile: why not show a big ass cola? :wink:

Offlinepunkrocker292004
Stranger

#614635 - 03/26/12 01:14 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Quote:

the man said:
Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Neither are mine.

Again, the lower buds aren't frostier.

i did have this really like ridiculously frosty nug on the bottom of my last plant but i think it was just a genetic abnormality

--------------------
on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

MHRB

Offlinethelivingfreekshow
Astro-Biologist
Male

#614643 - 03/26/12 02:55 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

Offlinethe man

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: thelivingfreekshow]
    #614755 - 03/26/12 03:41 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #614756 - 03/26/12 03:44 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Offlinethe man

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: 13buds]
    #614777 - 03/26/12 06:50 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

or here i dont think anyone can say there top buds have trichomes long like that. cheers http://reviews.nuggetry.com/bubba-lights-from-golden-state-patients-association-ldog-12078.html

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #614816 - 03/26/12 08:50 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Well the first one you posted doesn't show where it is on the plant period.  Or reference it at all.  So don't even try to claim on that one.

And the other link you put up doesn't even load.  Good try though. 

I'll still go by my DIRECT experience in growing and experimenting with light off for 24-48 hours and there being NO difference.

And I'm done with this.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinepunkrocker292004
Stranger

#614828 - 03/26/12 09:42 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Well the first one you posted doesn't show where it is on the plant period.  Or reference it at all.  So don't even try to claim on that one.

And the other link you put up doesn't even load.  Good try though. 

I'll still go by my DIRECT experience in growing and experimenting with light off for 24-48 hours and there being NO difference.

And I'm done with this.

it loaded for me when i clicked not now thou but its just a dried cured nug covered from head to toe doesnt prove anything

--------------------

MHRB

Offlinethe man

#614829 - 03/26/12 09:45 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

no but it clearly isnt the top cola by its size shape and density :smile: either way no one observes those long trichs on main cola at teh very top i think u can agree.look at some of bogs pics by looking at them you can tell they arent the main top cola that is really dense. as im sure your experience has shown you. they are airy nugs but look extra frosty because of long trichs.  anyway lots of med growers observe this and has been discussed on other forums. And again its were the lights off theory comes from, gives the plant a break from evaporation so the trichs can get longer. and i am not saying the lights off tek does work really.

obviously the top colas are still more potent and higher trich counts but they just dont get as long so dont appear as frosty as ones where teh trichs are longer. also sometims happens on bottom of sugar leafs.

im not saying you dont have experience, but its an observation that is not always conspicious. its keep looking and youll see what i mean. like others even here have said they see this. perhaps you dont keep the smaller lower buds and cut your plants back alot?? also if there is high ventilation or low humidity they wont get as long. im sure in theory you can understand how low evaporation would allow the trichs to get longer.

Offlinethe man

#614830 - 03/26/12 09:50 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

punk rock. no not really ur right, just makign the assumption that the airier nugs are not from the top of the plant.

Offlinepunkrocker292004
Stranger

#614831 - 03/26/12 09:54 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

the man said:
punk rock. no not really ur right, just makign the assumption that the airier nugs are not from the top of the plant.

:awedrugs::facepalm: nuff said :rofl:

--------------------

MHRB

Offlinethe man

#614847 - 03/26/12 11:27 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

well i mean how many high quality nugs esp indicas that are fluffy buds near the top of the plant?? pretty much never, so its a pretty safe assumption. like that buddha tahoe pic, I dont think anyone can argue that is a top cola..

oh and that one link I guess the site is down right now. ITs just a pic.

Cheers yall

Offlinetaozen
Male

#615323 - 03/30/12 12:04 PM (12 years, 16 hours ago)

So I finally harvested last friday! a week ago actually. I read through the last posts here and was kind of pissed off to see 40% amber trichs suggested as peak harvest! Isn't that 40% degraded thc?!?! As phrostbyte says some prefer NOT to be couchlocked! and 5-10% seems to be the way to go for us that don't. I clearly stated I was looking for a clear high not a stoned feel!! The only way I see 40% as peak justified as a suggestion is if the yield is indeed bigger, even if only slighlty. Any proof of that?!?! Otherwise it's really anoying that people suggest a harvest for their own taste. Anyway, you live you learn, hopefully I didn't harvest too late for my preference.

I have been drying and I think the buds should be ready for curing today! My objective was to harvesting at peak thc and if anything err on the side of too early, I looked at the trichs on the pics and felt afraid it was going over ripe!!!! with all that amber! I just chopped in dissapointment! Let me know how well/off it went did!!?!??! thanks all!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies