Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZBrown
I like girls because boobs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eagle Nebula
Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: taozen]
    #615331 - 03/30/12 01:36 PM (12 years, 20 hours ago)

Looks yummy to me. Good job bud.

--------------------
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. GIFSoup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: ZBrown]
    #615334 - 03/30/12 02:10 PM (12 years, 19 hours ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

Offlinetaozen
Male

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: shagdawg420]
    #615354 - 03/30/12 04:44 PM (12 years, 17 hours ago)

great! If you guys had to rate the harvest timming? out of ten or something?

Here's what it looks like after a week (7 days) of drying... given the size it should be done, no? but the stem crack test says it's not? it still bends... Is it because of the smallness/thinness of the stem?

The leaves also became dark so that sucks aswell.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #615356 - 03/30/12 04:57 PM (12 years, 16 hours ago)

Wow, 40% will give you a good head high.  No need to be all pissy about things man, esp. when you are the one asking questions and not knowing what to do.  If you don't want our opinion don't ask us for it.

40% amber doesn't mean that 40% of the entire amount of thc in your plant is degraded.  That is why it's called "peak" harvest.  Not past peak harvest. 

The trim job is not so hot.  But considering the size of the bud if you trimmed it all off then you wouldn't have been left with much.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (03/30/12 05:17 PM)

Offlinetaozen
Male

Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #615440 - 03/31/12 12:10 AM (12 years, 9 hours ago)

hey hawksapprentice! sorry dude! you are absolutely right! I was the one asking for advice and asking about... You have been nothing but helpful and I should be nothing but grateful, again sorry... I guess it's just my first timer anxiety steaming off somewhere.

I'm sure it will all be fine once I taste it. :P

Anyway, so whats the story behind amber trichs? people say it's degraded thc turned into cbd? no?

Do you think there's no prob with the darkening leaves? and do you think I should keep drying the bud until no part of the stem folds? even if its so small and thin? Its been 7 days now... or should I start curing? Thanks man!

Edited by taozen (03/31/12 12:13 AM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #615441 - 03/31/12 12:13 AM (12 years, 9 hours ago)

I'd start curing now since it's so mall.  Most buds aren't going to have that much leaf since they are bigger.  Was that an auto-flower?

I would just trim it more next time.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinepunkrocker292004
Stranger

#615459 - 03/31/12 02:14 AM (12 years, 7 hours ago)

i wish i had that id make hash :smile:

--------------------
on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

MHRB

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: punkrocker292004]
    #615483 - 03/31/12 06:19 AM (12 years, 3 hours ago)

I can't take anymore. I've seen so much shit in this thread my computer is starting to smell.

First this "When trichs turn Amber the TCH is degrading into CBN" You have to be fucking kidding me. THC does not degrade into CBN. Both are made by the plant in different amounts at different stages of flowering. When THC degrades it degrades into nothing not another chemical.

BOG as a breeder is another joke. He puts plants in a room then puts a male plant in the middle  of them and shakes it. He's a pollen chucker simple as that. He does no work at all to stabilize traits in his strains it's a crapshoot. Last he's a thief. You don't take two bubble gum plants make seeds from them and call it a new strain no matter how special the parent plants are and that is exactly what he did with his strain Bog Bubble.

48 hours of darkness to force trichs. Classic, there your plants so do what you want but common sense will tell ya this is crap. Minus the fact that growers would have been doing it for years before this stupid rumor started. I myself find that light stressing the plants when they are at their most vulnerable is just plain stupid. With older plants light stress can cause herms or at least male flowers. What you have done is stumble onto one of Soma's methods for making female seeds.

But what the hell do I know I've only been under the lights since 1985

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: Magash]
    #615484 - 03/31/12 06:57 AM (12 years, 2 hours ago)

So then what is your recommendation on harvest times and indicators for it?

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinetaozen
Male

#615495 - 03/31/12 09:39 AM (12 years, 17 minutes ago)

Thanks hawk! It wasn't an autoflower, it was just some bagseed I brought from Argentina, which means it's from paraguay. Anyway, I think it's the fact that it grew on 12/12 from the start that allowed for the size. If I knew what I now know about growing I would have had a bigger yield using the same pot size without a doubt. I will begin curing today! :laugh:

Hey Magash I appreciate your apparently expert input. All you say makes perfect sense to me. But yeah, I'd love to know what Hawks asked above.

Also, why do people say that when you harvest late you get a stonier effect and when you harvest earlier you get a clearer effect? And why is it that when you improperly store bud for a long time, so as to degrade it... you get a stonier effect? is it because the thc degrades and the cbd doesn't? oh and what is happening to the trichs as they become amber? thanks!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #615508 - 03/31/12 02:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well if you have a strain that isn't turning amber then you just have to use as much common sense as you can. You have a plant where the buds are not getting any bigger or swelling at the pod anymore and things are starting to turn milky. Now a few weeks have passed and nothing is changing you have a sign that you better pull cause things aren't turning amber. (and not all strains will turn amber in color at the trich)

This is the age of the internet try and find reports from people that have grown strains from that area. Now I realize that you don't know the exact strain but you can find out what flowering times for strains that come from the area around and in Paraguay. (which to be honest I'd love to get my hands on to see if it would cross to indicas well as I'm gonna guess that coming from that area it's a pretty hardcore Sativa)

Quote:

Also, why do people say that when you harvest late you get a stonier effect and when you harvest earlier you get a clearer effect?

During late flowering the plant produces more cbd and cbn. Breeders are trying to breed strains that come high in both right from the start of flowering cause they say that both have medicinal qualities and that thc isn't the only thing in weed that helps people.

Quote:

when you harvest earlier you get a clearer effect?

as stated this is due to the lack of cbn and cbd. These qualities are not popular in Holland so when you go to the coffee shops there you will have a very hard time finding weed with amber trichs. They like the clear high more. (Although I don't call it a clear high when it's just a high lacking the couchlock effect, to me clear high is a fancy way of saying no high)

Quote:

And why is it that when you improperly store bud for a long time, so as to degrade it... you get a stonier effect?

I live in a area where 75% of the population is weed growers and has been that way since the 70's and have yet to ever hear this till right now. When weed degrades it degrades to shit not to couchlock or every sativa could give a indica high just by letting it sit and that isn't going to happen or there would be a hell of a lot of happy Mexicans and South Americans.

Quote:

oh and what is happening to the trichs as they become amber? thanks!

It's like car paint that sits in the sun. What is happening is light, heat, and time are causing the trich to oxidize. When on the plant this happens around the time the plant starts to produce more cbn and cbd. If left to go to far past amber then you end up with shit weed. Next time you have brown Mexican weed look at the trichs. They are not milky or even amber. They have gone past to the point of being almost as brown as the weed or the color of dark sand. This is a sign that they have gone past the harvest prime plus the way they dry the weed causing massive degrading.

They dry the weed in the sun in piles like when you pile leaves in your yard. When the dry they dry brown and nasty since there was no care given to them.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinetaozen
Male

#615538 - 03/31/12 07:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Well if you have a strain that isn't turning amber then you just have to use as much common sense as you can. You have a plant where the buds are not getting any bigger or swelling at the pod anymore and things are starting to turn milky. Now a few weeks have passed and nothing is changing you have a sign that you better pull cause things aren't turning amber. (and not all strains will turn amber in color at the trich)

This is the age of the internet try and find reports from people that have grown strains from that area. Now I realize that you don't know the exact strain but you can find out what flowering times for strains that come from the area around and in Paraguay. (which to be honest I'd love to get my hands on to see if it would cross to indicas well as I'm gonna guess that coming from that area it's a pretty hardcore Sativa)

Quote:

Also, why do people say that when you harvest late you get a stonier effect and when you harvest earlier you get a clearer effect?

During late flowering the plant produces more cbd and cbn. Breeders are trying to breed strains that come high in both right from the start of flowering cause they say that both have medicinal qualities and that thc isn't the only thing in weed that helps people.

Quote:

as stated this is due to the lack of cbn and cbd. These qualities are not popular in Holland so when you go to the coffee shops there you will have a very hard time finding weed with amber trichs. They like the clear high more. (Although I don't call it a clear high when it's just a high lacking the couchlock effect, to me clear high is a fancy way of saying no high)

Quote:

And why is it that when you improperly store bud for a long time, so as to degrade it... you get a stonier effect?

I live in a area where 75% of the population is weed growers and has been that way since the 70's and have yet to ever hear this till right now. When weed degrades it degrades to shit not to couchlock or every sativa could give a indica high just by letting it sit and that isn't going to happen or there would be a hell of a lot of happy Mexicans and South Americans.

Quote:

It's like car paint that sits in the sun. What is happening is light, heat, and time are causing the trich to oxidize. When on the plant this happens around the time the plant starts to produce more cbn and cbd. If left to go to far past amber then you end up with shit weed. Next time you have brown Mexican weed look at the trichs. They are not milky or even amber. They have gone past to the point of being almost as brown as the weed or the color of dark sand. This is a sign that they have gone past the harvest prime plus the way they dry the weed causing massive degrading.

They dry the weed in the sun in piles like when you pile leaves in your yard. When the dry they dry brown and nasty since there was no care given to them.

Quote:

Magash said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for clearing the smoke Magash! I will indeed look up some paraguayan grow reports. Had not thought of that!

One last question... what is your personal number when it comes to the milky/amber ratio for peak harvest? What would it be for those who prefer peak THC but the least CBD/CBN? and what would it be for those who prefer peak CBD/CBN and are indifferent of THC? thanks!

Edited by taozen (03/31/12 07:40 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #615542 - 03/31/12 09:03 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

One last question... what is your personal number when it comes to the milky/amber ratio for peak harvest? What would it be for those who prefer peak THC but the least CBD/CBN? and what would it be for those who prefer peak CBD/CBN and are indifferent of THC? thanks!

There is no set number at least for me. Depends on the strain really. I tend to go about 20% amber with sativas but I'm fine with them if they are all milky. With Indicas I like the couchlock high so I go 40 to 45% amber. Amber does not mean a degrade in thc specifically but in the trich as a whole.

--------------------

Offlinetaozen
Male

#615698 - 04/01/12 07:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Curing now... 0.76 gram! Take that DEA!

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #615701 - 04/01/12 07:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeeahh....you need to step your game up mang...

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinetaozen
Male

#615777 - 04/02/12 10:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Yeeahh....you need to step your game up mang...

Well, it's not easy to grow without letting the other people in the house know. Specially being my first time. My goal was knowledge not yield but I will definately do better next time around.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #615902 - 04/02/12 04:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well I'm here to help ya with that!

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinethe man

#616036 - 04/03/12 01:41 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

someone is to young to be on here livin at home?? :wink:  just the murple in me comin out i guess. (for those who have been around that long)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Are these buds ready now? [Re: the man]
    #616038 - 04/03/12 01:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Not everyone who can't let people know there growing are living at home.  But I know what you're saying.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinepunkrocker292004
Stranger

#616059 - 04/03/12 05:55 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:foreveralone:

--------------------
on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

MHRB

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck