Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrossingTheStar
Stranger

12/12 from seed
    #612467 - 03/12/12 06:50 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I was trying to germ a feminized autoflower, but after 3 days it doesn't look any different.

Luckily, I have like 11 "standard" seeds.

Just wondering, what is the height of a (99% indica) plant at harvest (approx.) from 12/12?

And how long compared to autoflower? A little faster, a little longer?

One last thing. While trying to germ my first seed I put it in warm water but it went back down to cold next time I checked on it. Does it have to stay warm (70f+) during the entire germing period in order for it to sprout right?

Okay, another last thing. What do you call the method where you bend the plant around so it's kind of like a vine going in a circle spiral up, and how does it work exactly? I remember seeing this a while back on here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrossingTheStar
Stranger

Re: 12/12 from seed [Re: CrossingTheStar]
    #612470 - 03/12/12 06:57 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

On another topic...

The autoflower seed never started to split open or anything. If I could keep the water warm for several days, does it still have a chance?

Or am I wasting my time with that, and I should just try 12/12 from seed with my indica stuff?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #612473 - 03/12/12 07:09 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Just wondering, what is the height of a (99% indica) plant at harvest (approx.) from 12/12?

Gonna very from strain to strain even with Indicas.

Quote:

And how long compared to autoflower? A little faster, a little longer?

Should be about the same amount of time but you should get more from the auto's if your talking flowering from seed. Reason is that once the flowering process has started which is about the same time for both (considering the normal plant is under 12hrs of light from the get go) which is about 3 weeks. The difference is that the buds from the auto's get to flower under 18 to 24 hrs of light a day while the normal budding plants only get 2/3rds to 1/2 the light as the auto's.

Quote:

One last thing. While trying to germ my first seed I put it in warm water but it went back down to cold next time I checked on it. Does it have to stay warm (70f+) during the entire germing period in order for it to sprout right?

Yes, actually I like closer to 85f myself and just had a batch of plants that came from 6 year old plants finish.

Quote:

What do you call the method where you bend the plant around so it's kind of like a vine going in a circle spiral up, and how does it work exactly? I remember seeing this a while back on here

There are several different methods of this most likely your talking LST or low stress training.

Want fast start some mother plants that you can take cuttings from. Flower the cuttings from the day they root and wa-la every two months.

Oh yeah you shouldn't soak seeds for more then 24hrs. I personally hate the soak method and would never use it but it does seem to be a good method.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineCrossingTheStar
Stranger

Re: 12/12 from seed [Re: Magash]
    #612497 - 03/12/12 09:22 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Thank you so much, you are very helpful and informative.

One last thing... if my autoflower seed was in (coldish) water for about 48 hours (it didn't really start to open yet either) could it have a chance if I try to put it in some water that is kept warm?

And any idea of a little fan in my closet will keep it ventilated enough?

:gethigh:

Edited by CrossingTheStar (03/12/12 09:27 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #612503 - 03/12/12 10:49 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

.. if my autoflower seed was in (coldish) water for about 48 hours (it didn't really start to open yet either) could it have a chance if I try to put it in some water that is kept warm?

Yeah there is a chance. I've heard of seeds going threw worse.

Quote:

And any idea of a little fan in my closet will keep it ventilated enough?

Depends on the size of the closet.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineCrossingTheStar
Stranger

Re: 12/12 from seed [Re: Magash]
    #612525 - 03/13/12 03:14 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Okay, this probably wasn't the best idea, but I put the bowl of water with a plate over it under my grow light in a desperate attempt to warm it up.

Stupid idea, but we'll see what happens.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12/12 from seed [Re: CrossingTheStar] * 1
    #612526 - 03/13/12 03:52 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Take it out of the water.  Put in a wet paper towel.  Put the paper towel in a ziplock bag.  Put the bag somewhere dark and warm.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: 12/12 from seed [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #612528 - 03/13/12 06:10 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Take it out of the water.  Put in a wet paper towel.  Put the paper towel in a ziplock bag.  Put the bag somewhere dark and warm.

This. This so much. I put mine on top of my PS3. I used to use my old CRT computer monitor. I've used the top (outside) of my veg box before. I dunno why people insist on putting them underwater. I've only ever had like 1 seed that was so stubborn I had to soak it. Don't overcomplicate the first step bro :thumbup:

Also, in my limited experience, I've noticed that autos seem to adapt much more to the size of the container you put them in more than the hours/intensity of the light you give them. I had a few autos outdoors last year that only grew to about a foot tall. I 12/12ed them from seed (started late). I have an auto finishing up right now that I had under 24/0 for most of its life, then switched to flower and its still the same height as the others. I had one a few months ago that I kept 24/0 the whole time, and it did the same thing.

I have seen people with bigger autos, and I have to assume its because they had them in larger pots.

For what its worth, I grow mine in 1 gallon pots, and they stay very nice and short. I wish I had a fistful of feminized autos, because with such an even canopy I feel like it could be really really awesome

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds