Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Yellow Clones
    #612464 - 03/12/12 06:45 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Each time I cut clones, they look beautiful for a while, but usually by the time the roots find their way out of the rock wool, they are significantly yellowed up. Common sense says this is because the roots are existent and searching for nutrients before they have the chance to break out of the brick...but I don't like to transplant them until I see the roots so I know for sure when they're ready...

Is there a happy medium here? I know everyone says not to feed clones, but I must just have heavy feeders...or, I'm doing something wrong...

Whatcha think?

Obviously the best answer is prolly to get a nice cloner. Its on the list, but this will have to do for now.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow Clones [Re: RasJeph]
    #612476 - 03/12/12 07:45 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

In the past I had these problems.
I found that in those cases feeding with a very low ec no higher than 0.25, and it helped.
Now I use a cloner and when I see a good start to the rooting I add RapidStart by General Hydroponics, it seems to really get them going.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow Clones [Re: Stoneth]
    #612477 - 03/12/12 07:52 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Here's a cheap ass cloner I built a few years ago.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow Clones [Re: Stoneth]
    #612493 - 03/12/12 09:03 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

You supposed to see a yellowing though.  The plant has no way of sucking up nutrients until it gets those roots out there, and need energy to make the roots grow.  So it gets that from the leaves.  Hence the yellowing.

Not a bad idea with the low EC, but I really see no reason for it.  All my clones will yellow but as soon as they get transplanted your good to go

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Yellow Clones [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #612531 - 03/13/12 06:14 AM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Ooooh, ok cool. I guess that makes sense. I was just wondering if adding a little food would decrease recovery time once I got them potted.

Good lookin' out doods.

--------------------

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Yellow Clones *DELETED* [Re: RasJeph]
    #612774 - 03/15/12 10:44 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Yellow Clones [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #612815 - 03/15/12 03:08 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Actually, the particular batch of clones that made me make this post I fucked up the pH for. I thought about it after and remembered.

I remember pHing a bit low, but just rolling with it. Their older sisters didn't mind, so I kinda forgot that I had done it.  Since these were so small, they were obviously a lot more sensitive and were bothered by it.

It was a strain I wasn't crazy about anyway (although I haven't smoked it yet...).

I ripped the rock wool open to see wtf was going on, and pulled out the stem. I said "oh fuck it" and stuck one in soil and tossed the other 2. 2 days later, I again popped it up out of the dirt to see if anything had happened and it had a ton of roots shooting out. I needed the pot it was in so transplanted AGAIN to a cup.

Shes happily recovering as I type. Its damn hard to kill weed, isn't it? :lol: I don't generally do that, but this is something I really didn't care for anyway so I didn't mind being rough and sloppy. Like a hooker :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies